Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336796 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1650 on: September 30, 2009, 12:56:02 am »
I hate Steam.

And I loathe buying things from Valve in general. Why not to buy on PC you ask? When I started my computer this afternoon, Steam was all like, "I'm downloading something for Left4Dead for you!" I was all like, "Oh really? What's that?" It said, "The new DLC campaign!" I then replied, "I didn't ask for that!?" Steam just shook his head no and kept on going.

I hate Steam.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: September 30, 2009, 01:30:32 pm »
I love that the people on this site use proper grammar and spelling. There are so many lingual wastelands out there on the web...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: September 30, 2009, 02:24:19 pm »
What talk you?

I love that I am old enough to remember tape cassettes. It makes me appreciate MP3 players so much more. Back in the day, one might carry 100 songs around with them, if they were listening to a walkman, but that would require a duffle bag to carry everything. But now, I can carry several tens of thousands songs on a device smaller than a single tape cassette.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 02:27:09 pm by Thought »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1653 on: September 30, 2009, 02:40:43 pm »
Not only that J, but most of the people on this forum are actually...you know, smart. And diverse.

Anyway, earlier today I had my first World Civ. to 1650 Exam, and I freaking loved it. I realize this is weird as hell to say, but I actually had FUN doing a college exam. We basically had to write four small essays and then one big essay, and unlike most AP courses I've taken in the past, it was very unrestrictive. It was basically "write down what you know about Confucianism and Hinduism" rather than "Discuss the lasting cultural impacts of Confucianism on the Chinese middle class on a Tuesday in 300 B.C."

I understand the purpose of getting people to think on that level, but still, that type of essay is boooring, because it covers so little. I honestly don't think that anyone reading a paper on the second topic would learn anything worthwhile about Chinese history.

Off of that rant now, I just love learning.

Hooray for Learning!

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: September 30, 2009, 06:51:51 pm »
i try to use appropriate spelling and grammar, but most times im just too lazy to hit the apostrophe or shift keys. but i can. i usually do that when theres a word that could be easily confused, like we're with were. i refrain from internet slang, like lol or such things. i dont tend to use emotes.
i think my typing style is good.

i love the smell of rain. that smell that happens when you sit outside just before or after a good rain storm. its sweet and it tickles your nose. i love it when it mingles with the smell of fresh cut grass, too. those are the smells i associate with summer. but i love autumn smells just as much. the smell of leaves burning, crisp air, and apples.
i love apples.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: September 30, 2009, 09:36:14 pm »
Quote from: Lord J
I love that the people on this site use proper grammar and spelling. There are so many lingual wastelands out there on the web...
Everywhere, like, such as...our education over here, in the Compendium, should help the lingual wastelands...so we will be able to build up our future.

I LOVE Yoko Shimamura, and I HATE that it took me exactly 10 years to find this out.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:51:20 pm by FaustWolf »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: September 30, 2009, 10:12:14 pm »
Everywhere, like, such as...our education over here, in the Compendium, should help the lingual wastelands...so we will be able to build up our future.
url]

I love FW :lol:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: September 30, 2009, 10:17:28 pm »
The problem is, it takes at least one beer to liberate this kind of activity from me. Otherwise I'm completely useless sober.  :D

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: September 30, 2009, 11:03:18 pm »

As disconcerting as that reference is, I do somewhat love the fact that it's become a running joke here.

Also, for you Faust, drinking songs to love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoZCrMKbPN0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=087ltsjXU1c (This one takes a second to start.  I promise it works!)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 01, 2009, 12:44:01 am »

Agreed!

Off of that rant now, I just love learning.

Hooray for Learning!

Double agreed!

I also love taking some exams too.  And writing papers.  You aren't alone in your weirdness, good sir.

~~~

I love vodka.
I love inside jokes.
I love reading good poetry.
I love Post-It notes.
I love my Linguistics class.
I love Wikipedia.

None of the above are necessarily connected.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: October 01, 2009, 06:42:42 pm »
Widescreen Planescape: Torment. Sexy. As. Hell... *ooh pillar*

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 01, 2009, 08:07:10 pm »
PATCH!! WANT LINK BROJ!!!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 01, 2009, 08:42:02 pm »
FW, have you heard the rest of the soundtrack?  There are some great tracks there...

"Nostalgic Song"
"Places of Soul"
"Hometown Domina"
"Moonlit City Roa"
"The Wind Sings of a Journey"
"Nocturne"
"Depression Blues"
"City of Flickering Destruction"

Gosh, that's a mighty fine soundtrack list you've got there, Boo the Gentleman Caller!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 01, 2009, 08:58:18 pm »
Gosh, that's a mighty fine soundtrack list you've got there, Boo the Gentleman Caller!
Yes. Yes it is. I actually kept each and every one of those; Yoko Shimamura is a music goddess. Funny thing is, I want to see her edgier, futuristic tracks in a bunch of Megaman X Youtube videos.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 01, 2009, 10:00:15 pm »
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 10:05:22 pm by BROJ »