Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336628 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3135 on: April 23, 2011, 04:00:28 pm »
Happy Whoster! The Time Lord has regenerated! (proper response: He has regenerated indeed)

Why the blasphemy? Series 6 of the new Doctor Who begins today!
Woohoo!! I was lookin forward to that!  :D And the new Sherlock too, of course. Doctor Who is mah Jesus Christ!

BTW, could it be the rumors are true? That the 'Silence' is the you-know-who?

Woohoo! Thought, have you noticed the increased production value? I'm so pumped!
Yes indeed.  8) They seem to be getting better each episode! I think the BIGGEST improvements began ever since the episode 'Blink'.

...Yeah, so I'm a Doctor Who buff too now, and I got some of my friends addicted to it too. It's all Thought's fault, don't judge me!  :o

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: April 23, 2011, 05:33:20 pm »
Aye, the production value does seem to be on a steady rise. I think it is due to one part experience (the makeup, for example, seems to be better than in the past), one part increased funding, and one part change of management (Moffat's episodes always seemed to have the best stuff).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3137 on: April 24, 2011, 04:17:56 pm »

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3138 on: April 24, 2011, 11:47:41 pm »
Today I went to an art exposition that was created for blind people. We, sighted people, got our eyes covered with a fabric, and a man guided us through the exposition. We were supposed to touch the scuptures and paintings with our hands. I was not sensible enough to aprecciate the paintings, but I was able to visualize many of the scuptures in mind. I was able to recognize many animal figures (a couple of horses, many bulls, a pidgeon, an animal I was not able to recognize but in my mind I imagined it as sort of a chimera, and a bull with three people in his back), a human face, two female torsos, a male torso and a man in a chac-mool position. When I had an idea of what the sculpture was, I asked the museum guide if I was right, If I had no idea or I was wrong I asked the museum guide to take me to the next scuplture. At that point some people uncovered their eyes to see the sculpture, but I wanted to experience the exposition as it was supposed to be experienced. It was very very interesting.

Later I decided to go and look for a place I could buy some churros, I've been craving for churros all week, but the place I knew they had delicious churros is no longer in bussiness. These ones are a little dry but they're ok... next time I'll try another place anyway... at least there aren't any beeba skins or heckran bones in my churros!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:49:16 pm by Licawolf »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: April 25, 2011, 02:15:30 am »
Came across my entire folder of Gladiator tracks for the movie synch, thought I had lost it.  I'll have to post some clips when I put it all back together. 

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: April 25, 2011, 07:15:12 pm »
I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL MY LIFE FOR THIS HEADLINE:
"Ayn Rand Movie Fails in Free Market"

http://www.alternet.org/media/150703/ayn_rand_movie_fails_in_free_market_(despite_tea_party_hype)/?page=1

CuyahogaRiver

• Porrean (+50)
  • A pyro manic River Spirit! Setting water on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: April 25, 2011, 09:14:49 pm »
I love OTAKON!

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: April 25, 2011, 11:24:11 pm »
Just got the call.  Reading for a new agent Wednesday.

8/7

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: April 26, 2011, 05:35:50 am »
I changed my watch battery. This is pretty much the best wristwatch ever. It either loses or gains about one second every three months. I think this is either its third or fourth battery change ever, and I've had it since I was a teenager. It was cheap, like twenty dollars. It has a cool IndiGLO light, and tasteful beeps. It's been through many wristbands! If you're like me and you want to know the hour, minute, second, date, and day of the week, both often and with precision, you can't go wrong with a wristwatch. I can't believe some people say that cell phones make them obsolete. Do I look like I want to fumble around with pulling that thing out of its holster and pushing a button to trigger the screen, when I can just flick my wrist like some debonair secret agent and get all this information instantaneously?

There are three kinds of people in this world: the ones who have good wristwatches, mooks, and al Qaeda.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3144 on: April 26, 2011, 06:28:23 am »
...when I can just flick my wrist like some debonair secret agent and get all this information instantaneously?

There are three kinds of people in this world: the ones who have good wristwatches, mooks, and al Qaeda.
Best things I've heard in one post! :D

My watch never stopped working. Ever. Never needed to change the battery either. I always thought it was magic but it could have been solar or wrist-pulse powered (somehow). I asked my dad, who gave me the watch years ago, and he hasn't the foggiest either.

The watch was also responsible for certain miracles happening in my life. It's like I'm wearing the most mysterious thing in the universe, but simply ignoring it with a, "Meh."

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: April 26, 2011, 02:51:05 pm »
I recently procured a pocket watch. On some levels is is analogous to a cellphone in that one must remove it from where it is stored in order to check the time. However, if for some reason I don't have my wristwatch on, I go for my pocket watch instead of my cellphone. It is easier to withdraw, it is more elegant, and it is actually quicker to read. So I agree, cellphones are a poor excuse for a time-telling device.

And yes, I do generally wear a wristwatch while having both a cellphone and a pocket watch with me. Just call me the Tick-Tock man.

Also...
Best things I've heard in one post! :D
I have to agree with Tush, that's a great line.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3146 on: April 27, 2011, 09:36:16 pm »
Look at this fucking hi-res art (right click, view image):

Can't wait to finish the update tonight.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: April 28, 2011, 02:23:40 am »
Look at this fucking hi-res art (right click, view image):
Can't wait to finish the update tonight.

I'm making wallpaper out of that RIGHT NOW.

Here's widescreen in use on my hp laptop. Notice the black bar goes straight down behind the start button. If you guys want a different res, lemme know, I'll hook it up.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:37:33 am by Mr Bekkler »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3148 on: April 28, 2011, 02:49:06 am »
 :shock: As much as I love the res it feels like it's been stretched and sharpened (slightly). Still, with an image like that, I think we could get a vector fill too.  8)

YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES: RED LEECH / REBEL FIRE

First of all, let me tell you all (as if you didn't know) that heat horrible, causing insomnia, which is also a bitch. I haven't slept a wink all night. Thankfully, the book was right besides me, and funny enough I managed to finish the book overnight.

Now then, what irks me is that the character Rufus Stone had his name changed to Jarred Stone recently, even though my version of the book still has the former name that's grown on me. But since this is a "Stuff you love thread" I'll focus on what's relevant:

Duke Balthassar is a badass! He's almost Voldemort. By almost, I mean that he's far more intelligent, twice as gruesome and ruthless, cold and uncaring, confident but still maintaining his etiquette when speaking to his enemies. He wouldn't give a second thought about pushing people onto a ravine full of beasts, neither wrath or regrets affecting him, as if they weren't worth his time or thought. And he's got dreams; oh yes, he's got dreams!

But one slight flaw: what's with villains and their overconfidence and death traps? Why can't they simply shoot the heroes in the face when they have the chance? Duke Balthassar simply finds it amusing to be cruel, promising a quick and painless death, which turns out to be a lie. But he should have known not to mess around with Sherlock, who mentions that he killed off some of Balthassar's servants and assassins single-handedly.

But despite that, the book was entertaining. Got a glimpse to the past, seen the world with new pair of eyes (well, words). Imagined an adventure! Worth mentioning would be Sherlock's feats in the imminent battle between rebels and the Union States in the soil of America (don't ask how), the awesome train fights, quick escapes and hanging between life and death, etc. all to secure international relations between Britain and America, and especially to save his friends.

The book also mention Sherlock beginning to grow emotionally distant, perhaps at times throwing weighing the value of his morality against logical judgement. It is foreshadowed by comments from Virginia and Amyus Crowe, which is again based on Plato's book The Republic.

All in all, an interesting read with some science and philosophy involved. Just a month or so away, but still can't wait for the third book, Black Ice. This time Sherlock needs to visit Russia with a can of whoopass because apparently his brother Mycroft goes missing. Kidnapping Mycroft itself is a big risk, but even if that's possible they can't hide from the eyes of the expert tracker Amyus Crowe and his student, Sherlock Holmes. So who you gonna call?

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 28, 2011, 03:56:24 pm »
Just got offered new representation.  Ahem...

:shee

HELL YEA LET'S DO IT!!!!

8/7