Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336633 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3045 on: April 02, 2011, 04:02:52 pm »
 It's always interesting to read your commentary, tushantin, it's always enlightening to hear the point of view of someone from a different part of the world.  
Any time! :D

It's funny, I was just writing my book and was thinking of the basis of a character while writing that post to you, and your talk about "mutuality" of cross-species co-operation suddenly hit me with bag of gold! So even if a talk is depressing, it's always as good as gold to me.  :P

I agree! I love how we have so many countries represented - Great Britain, France, the United States, India, Mexico, and I know there are others. And we're all brought together through one tiny interest - an old Super Nintendo video game called Chrono Trigger, which came out nearly 16 years ago!
Man, you just reminded me about that post idea I had since the eProject time again. xDDD How do I keep forgetting!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: April 02, 2011, 04:04:44 pm »
I agree! I love how we have so many countries represented - Great Britain, France, the United States, India, Mexico, and I know there are others. And we're all brought together through one tiny interest - an old Super Nintendo video game called Chrono Trigger, which came out nearly 16 years ago!

Don't forget the Philippines!  :D

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3047 on: April 02, 2011, 08:03:00 pm »
It's funny, I was just writing my book and was thinking of the basis of a character while writing that post to you, and your talk about "mutuality" of cross-species co-operation suddenly hit me with bag of gold! So even if a talk is depressing, it's always as good as gold to me.

Excellent!   :D

That's an awesome way to see it!  :)

For something completely different, I just got my Nintendo 3DS!  :D I'm waiting for it to charge
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 09:37:28 pm by Licawolf »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: April 02, 2011, 10:37:49 pm »
For the record, I love dogs, especially the history behind them. They were mankind's first genetic creations. They are in no way devolved from wolves. The fact is, dogs have a greater range of traits and mutations than any other animal, period. Each breed exists for a reason, and was bred for that purpose. Some are just supposed to be pretty, yes, but most were bred to either be faster, stronger, larger, smaller, friendlier, better at tracking, better at killing, smarter, or some other trait (or colmbination). Almost any breed can mate with almost any other breed and they can even be bred with wolves, dingos, coyotes, and most other wild dogs and STILL produce fertile offspring! That's amazing, considering ligers, mules, and almost every other cross-species offspring is completely sterile.

In short, the domesticated dog is actually the ultimate animal as far as evolution is concerned.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: April 02, 2011, 11:31:23 pm »
Nitpick: big cat crosses like ligers are usually fertile--there's even a recorded instance of a lion-leopard-jaguar (I think) three-way cross. Among the smaller cat species, caracal-serval hybrids are also fertile and can be bred back to either parent species.

(And if that's not useless information--one of my great loves--I don't know what is! ;P )

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3050 on: April 03, 2011, 12:09:21 am »
Nitpick: big cat crosses like ligers are usually fertile--there's even a recorded instance of a lion-leopard-jaguar (I think) three-way cross. Among the smaller cat species, caracal-serval hybrids are also fertile and can be bred back to either parent species.

(And if that's not useless information--one of my great loves--I don't know what is! ;P )

I heard that only female ligers are fertile, is that true? o.o

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: April 03, 2011, 11:44:04 am »
It's possible--it's been a while since I looked into this stuff, and records are scarce anyway: the conditions necessary to produce a big cat cross only exist in zoos[1], and since the 19th century, the zoos mostly haven't been interested in creating hybrids.

[1]There are only four big cat (panthera family) species, and the lion, tiger, and jaguar currently have absolutely no natural range overlap with one another (the tiger and lion would once have overlapped in India, but the Indian lion is almost extinct now). The leopard does overlap the lion and the tiger, but leopards are so much smaller than the other two that creating a crossbred cub needs an enthusiastic male leopard, a laid-back tigress or lioness, and absolutely no male lions or tigers in the vicinity to swat down the male leopard.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: April 03, 2011, 05:51:34 pm »
I have to say, there's nothing better, after a long day of grocery shopping and carrying large heavy things, than a tall glass of milk and a chocolate chip cookie or seven. I absolutely looooove cookies.

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3053 on: April 03, 2011, 06:39:59 pm »
I have to say, there's nothing better, after a long day of grocery shopping and carrying large heavy things, than a tall glass of milk and a chocolate chip cookie or seven. I absolutely looooove cookies.

......for a second there I thought you were utunnels because of your avatar  :oops: he he xD

Chocolate chip cookies are the best! I like them best when they're warm, and the chocolate is a little gooey.... mmm, cookies...

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:24:36 pm by Licawolf »

Angerona

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Where are my keys???!!!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3054 on: April 03, 2011, 07:10:50 pm »
Edit: Wrong place. Sorry!  :oops:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:18:52 pm by Angerona »

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3055 on: April 03, 2011, 07:27:19 pm »
Edit: Wrong place. Sorry!  :oops:

hee hee, I did read that post, but I knew where it was supposed to go, so that's fine  :P

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: April 04, 2011, 01:36:03 am »

Hahaha! I just tried Operation: Why Not Just Make One BIG Cookie? And it was a complete success! Get your cookie dough, arrange in a ring/donut shape on a pizza pan (otherwise the middle won't cook) and when it does cook, it bleeds into the middle from all directions.

Basically I got sick of cookies being treated differently than lemon squares, brownies, rice crispy treats and all other similar "baked goods", and I plan to use the same method in the near future to make the crust of the world's least-healthy cheesecake.

:)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: April 04, 2011, 12:01:51 pm »
One giant cookie...? :shock:

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3058 on: April 04, 2011, 12:56:40 pm »
Basically I got sick of cookies being treated differently than lemon squares, brownies, rice crispy treats and all other similar "baked goods", and I plan to use the same method in the near future to make the crust of the world's least-healthy cheesecake.

go against the discrimination of cookies! xD ha ha ha. Oh! that cheesecake idea sounds very tempting!  :shock:

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3059 on: April 05, 2011, 12:13:29 am »
I catched these pictures while browsing deviantart today and they made me remember how much I loved Kim Possible... also made me want to try and use some markers  :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:15:09 am by Licawolf »