Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 48507 times)

mikeb123

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2008, 11:18:06 pm »
Actually, each one of her top tires has 1 summon. Though her physical attributes are greater than her magic ability, so I wouldn't label her as a summoner, also considering the gods are her only offensive magic. And I call it sd3. I just mentioned that for people who are familier w/ the series, but never heard of sd3 since it never saw a U.S. release :(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:07:09 pm by mikeb123 »

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2008, 08:32:05 pm »
What about Misha or Aurica from Ar Tonelico?
I know, I know, it's a sexual innuendo game all over(and I mean ALL OVER), but still with those songs of theirs, they might be threats considering how they make even some of the tougher bosses in the game go away rally quickly.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #257 on: December 13, 2008, 09:52:07 pm »
I've never heard of that game...nor its developer GUST...nor any of the games GUST has made...>_>

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2008, 07:30:40 am »
Considering Cloud can learn all elements and have 9999 health, I think he's a healthy candidate.  Of course, you have to transpose the abilities into some kind of neutral world, but Crono really isn't all that tough.  He's mostly fast, and has a couple spells under his belt.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2008, 08:24:52 pm »
Considering Cloud can learn all elements and have 9999 health, I think he's a healthy candidate.  Of course, you have to transpose the abilities into some kind of neutral world, but Crono really isn't all that tough.  He's mostly fast, and has a couple spells under his belt.

And has the ability to handle a ginormous, parasitic, world destroying, inter-planetary threat single-handedly. Yeah, he's not so special...>_>

The fact of the matter is that besides his Limit Breaks Cloud doesn't have any unique abilities that anyone couldn't learn...Materia=CC Elements=Magicite (although, in actuality, not EVERYONE in FFVI's cast could equip Magicite like those other examples...)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:27:30 pm by V_Translanka »

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2008, 09:02:03 pm »

And has the ability to handle a ginormous, parasitic, world destroying, inter-planetary threat single-handedly. Yeah, he's not so special...>_>

The fact of the matter is that besides his Limit Breaks Cloud doesn't have any unique abilities that anyone couldn't learn...Materia=CC Elements=Magicite (although, in actuality, not EVERYONE in FFVI's cast could equip Magicite like those other examples...)

Not single handedly, good sir, He had six people fighting with him.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2008, 09:09:24 pm »
What? I was talking about Crono...

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2008, 09:52:20 pm »
What? I was talking about Crono...

So was I.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2008, 09:59:00 pm »
But you can only have two party members with you in the final battle...and I was also referencing the fact that right after you defeat Lavos in the beginning of New Game+ you can fight him solo.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2008, 10:06:03 pm »
But you can only have two party members with you in the final battle...and I was also referencing the fact that right after you defeat Lavos in the beginning of New Game+ you can fight him solo.

Don't you have to have Marle in the party as well?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2008, 11:31:01 pm »

Don't you have to have Marle in the party as well?

No, it's possible, just instead of going to the left telepod, go to the portal on the right one.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2008, 06:25:15 pm »

Really...
It's good to support your opinion but I have to question just how much you know about Crono if you actually said that.

but Crono really isn't all that tough.  He's mostly fast, and has a couple spells under his belt.

He has only a couple spells under his belt? He's got lightning charged attacks once you learn lightning magic, lightning, lightning 2, he can revive people, increase his speed 10 fold for Confuse, and he has LUMINAIRE. Luminaire, the nuclear bomb of magic. And that's only a crap amount of crap?

Of course, not everyone likes to read past posts when there is a lot and this IS a pretty popular subject so I guess I'll resay what i said earlier(since you probably missed it)why something like that isn't good. Cloud's best move is Omnislash correct? How well will you fair at swinging a sword at an explosion that is five feet from your face? It's not gonna get you anywhere. Same rules apply when facing Crono's magic, especially Luminaire. Not to mention Crono isn't just fast, he's also gotta be strong to lug around swords(even lighter swords are kinda hefty to swing that fast)at such high speeds. Not to mention with his sword skills, if you really want to go by the skills they have in the game, Crono has a massive number of sword moves and forms of striking, and although Cloud has a large number of them, Crono's got more.

Also I'd like to point out the speed thing, if Crono is fast like you say, it doesn't matter how strong you are! With speed, you can outrun all attacks and guarentee success with every strike! Also made a number of points about this as well.

Sorry if I seemed like I was biting your head off, but seriously, you are on a Chrono fan site claiming Crono only has a couple of moves under his belt. You had to see it coming from somebody.

mikeb123

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2008, 09:50:28 pm »
And if Crono's fast, I'm sure taking out Cloud would be no problem considering that he carries a huge sword which would have to slow him down quite a bit.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2008, 10:21:57 pm »
The one thing about Crono's speed, though is that it doesn't really transfer into his spellcasting speed...His Magic is so internalized that he has to focus his inner strength first...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 16, 2008, 06:14:45 pm »
And if Crono's fast, I'm sure taking out Cloud would be no problem considering that he carries a huge sword which would have to slow him down quite a bit.

Actually, Cloud can swing his sword as though it weighed as much as an average sword. That's part of what makes it recognized as so special(if it actually affected him, there would be no way someone as scrawny as him could carry that thing).

The one thing about Crono's speed, though is that it doesn't really transfer into his spellcasting speed...His Magic is so internalized that he has to focus his inner strength first...

True, but it's still about the same speed as Cloud's attack unleashing. Maybe a second slower, but even then there is still the time of Cloud dashing straight toward Crono(Since Crono isn't going to let Cloud stand right in front of him and not punch him in the face and vice versa)so by the time Cloud reaches Crono, their attacks will go off at the same time so in affect that practically cancels itself out(there are situational exceptions, so it only practically cancels, not fully denied that rule).