Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 48507 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2008, 11:48:47 am »
Don't worry about it, Tact... Darkman posts one word posts to get his post count high...

Hahaha... just messing with you, Darkman!  Seriously!  Don't think I'm being mean, I'm just playing...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2008, 11:51:10 am »
Don't worry about it, Tact... Darkman posts one word posts to get his post count high...

Hahaha... just messing with you, Darkman!  Seriously!  Don't think I'm being mean, I'm just playing...

*raises eyebrow* Almost thought you were serious.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2008, 11:55:20 am »
I promise I'm just playing...

I gotta take care of my boy Tact!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2008, 11:58:11 am »
I promise I'm just playing...

I gotta take care of my boy Tact!

Indeed you do...

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2008, 11:58:45 am »
Boo is da man, 4 realz.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #200 on: November 27, 2008, 12:07:20 pm »
You ALL need to stfu and stop patting each other on the back with pointless posts. :lol:

And, yes, drop the one-liner posts, dude...I am serious. ;)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2008, 12:11:22 pm »
You ALL need to stfu and stop patting each other on the back with pointless posts. :lol:

And, yes, drop the one-liner posts, dude...I am serious. ;)

:shock:

Dude, seriously, most of what I have to say fits on just one line, so that was kinda mean, even if you were kidding.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2008, 12:29:45 pm »
No, I meant one word...Sorry for the misunderstanding...but seriously, let's stop this and leave the topic for the topic.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2008, 03:29:58 pm »
Seeing as how the Internet Police busted up this partay...

I'd say these Internet Police could defeat Crono!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2008, 04:29:08 pm »
Thor would destroy Crono. Hammer to the face.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2008, 03:13:47 pm »
From the sounds of it, smacktalk, that guy would wipe the floor with Crono. But skill wise, I checked it out.

I think your fanboy powers are clouding your mind yougn Chronoty, because I doubt they would last very long if Crono got the sense to use his stronger attacks earlier on(like Luminaire). But still nice to see you fighting for him, just would prefer a more liable defense for him than just he is awesome.

Internet Policez? PWEASE!!! Dey's get der ass's handed t0 zem s!!!!11!!! But seriously, I don't see any form of authority stopping him(he DID bust out of jail and take out a tank with incredible ease didn't he?)

And Thor, Thor would definetly be a tougher match, that one sounds good. I'm interested to hear more about him, go on. I mean after all being the god of thunder, the only magic attack Crono would have left is Luminaire and even then it'd be at about 75% of it's true power. Unless of course you count the DS version of him where it isn't lightning but light, technically those are two different things so he might not reduce his strength! Thoughts Jutty or anyone else?

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2008, 04:48:30 pm »
Source: http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thor_(Thor_Odinson)

Powers
As the son of Odin and Gaea, Thor's strength, endurance and resistance to injury are greater than the vast majority of his superhuman race. He is extremely long-lived (though not completely immune to aging), immune to conventional disease, and highly resistant to injury. His flesh and bones are several times denser than a human's.

As Lord of Asgard, Thor possesses the Odinforce, which enables him to tap into the near-infinite resources of cosmic and mystical, enhancing all of his abilities. With the vast magical power of the Odinforce, Thor was able to even dent Captain America’s shield with Mjolnir.

Abilities
Thor is trained in the arts of war, being a superbly skilled warrior, highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat, swordsmanship, and hammer throwing.

Weapons
Thor wields Mjolnir, a hammer forged from uru metal. Mjolnir is virtually unbreakable, and allows Thor to command the powers of the storm, causing rain, thunder and lightning. Thor can channel the storm’s fury into devastating blasts of energy that can destroy even secondary Adamantium. He can also channel his godly energies through Mjolnir into blasts so powerful that they can slay even immortals. Mjolnir can absorb other energies into itself, which Thor can then release.

Mjolnir obeys Thor’s commands as though it were alive, and if Thor’s will is strong enough, the hammer can pass through nearly any barrier to reach him should he so desire. Using this command over Mjolnir’s flight path, Thor is able to use the hammer to fly, achieving escape velocities. Mjolnir can also transform Thor into his civilian guises. When Thor is a civilian, the hammer most often becomes an old wooden cane. While employing a mortal guise, Thor will transform back into his mortal form should he be separated from Mjolnir for more than 60 seconds.

By spinning Mjolnir in a circle, Thor can open portals to other dimensions. Formerly, it also allowed him to travel in time, but Immortus removed this power. Enchantments surrounding Mjolnir prevent it from being wielded by anyone except those who have been found worthy. Thus far, this includes Thor, Odin, Tiwaz, Red Norvell, Beta Ray Bill, and Captain America. To anyone else, Mjolnir cannot be lifted from the ground nor wrested from Thor’s grip.

Paraphernalia
Thor also possesses the Belt of Strength that doubles his strength, but weakens him after its use; a pair of iron gauntlets to protect him when unleashing Mjolnir's most powerful energies; and a chariot drawn by two goats, Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder.

If he didn't kill Crono from just the raw awesomeness that radiates from his presence. I'm pretty sure he could use those godly energy blasts that kill immortals.

I think he'd eat Crono, the rest of his party, Lavos, and Alfrador at the same time. Then he'd spin his hammer open a time warp to Nintendoverse smack Samus with Link and demolish the mushroom kingdom and return to Asgard to have a cold one.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 05:05:35 pm by Jutty »

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2008, 06:16:17 pm »
I think he'd eat Crono, the rest of his party, Lavos, and Alfrador at the same time. Then he'd spin his hammer open a time warp to Nintendoverse smack Samus with Link and demolish the mushroom kingdom and return to Asgard to have a cold one.

Woah! Crono that sounds pretty decent and so I believe he is someone else who would show an impressive battle of equal proportions on both sides(that's what we're aiming for, cause anyone can name characters that can pulverize him, it's about a decent looking fight)but Samus has taken on godly figures before, 'm not exactly sure if he could defeat her so easily as you claim. After all, her suit was made by although they aren't gods, according to the universe of Metroid the Chozo are certainly the closest things you'll find to a god.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2008, 06:20:03 pm »
I say I'm a worthy match, as evidently shown in CTDS. *smirk* By that I mean in charm AND apocalyptic fighting skills.....when I'm under Lavos' control.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2008, 08:49:24 pm »
In other words Time Devourer?
Well for one, Chrono universe plus it's already been shown and established you in the Chrono universe, Crono will pulverize you(he was gotten the better of because he was older, were he in his younger days, myeh them lil whippersnappers wouldn'tve taken his kingdom so gosh dern easily!! Heh heh).
But I suppose that does fit the ticket of interesting battle. Since that's what we're looking for, interesting battle as I stated at the begining and what I mean by worthy, not "Who can completely blow him to smithereens?"yeah I guess Schala in a sense could prove to be a worthy match.

But now that this is the second one done I'd like to grant a request that these be NOT frm the Chrono universe only cause those ones are a little more obvious to defend since before anyone even brings them up they are known. However, we may not know something in particular about another character.