Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 48552 times)

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2008, 05:05:03 pm »
Who is truly capable of taking on the destroyer of the apocalypse itself and why?

Magus.  Crono was killed by Lavos and only took him down with help, but I saw a video where Magus killed Lavos singlehandedly.  Out of the choices provided, I'd say Link would win an honorable duel (Master Sword vs Rainbow) and Samus could kill both Link and Crono outright.  
But Magus whimped out after one hit Crono took two or three. also for Link vs. Crono, with sword techs. like confusion and slash as well as Crono blinding speed, Crono could hit at any range giving link to concentrate on the incomming slashes while Crono moves at high speeds to different ranges attack Link all over the place. as for Samus vs. Crono, Samus would be pwned because of how long it takes her to move  sure she has range but the key component to stand a chance against Crono is to have a style fucused on total defense, or the combination of all ranges, speed, and power. but this is without Crono using his Magic skills incorperate that and all are screwed royally.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2008, 04:23:13 am »
Uh...Samus can't move quickly all of a sudden? You forget about her Speed Booster (& Shinesparking)...? She also has so many Energy Tanks, Sub-Tanks, etc...Crono wouldn't be able to scratch the surface of her armor...She takes on interplanetary alien threats on a weekly basis...Crono barely got through one...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2008, 05:45:39 pm »
Yeah, Samus is ridiculously powerful. Godzilla=Kraid
Galactus=Mother Brain final form in Super Metroid
Crono=Dark Ing leader + magic
It may tough to play as her but in actuality from the cutscenes you simply see her pwn every opponent, clearly showing "here's how you do it, 25 minutes, here's how Samus does it 25 seconds." Samus is ridiculously and almost unfairly powerful, not even Gods can (easily)defeat her.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2008, 03:40:01 pm »
Uh...Samus can't move quickly all of a sudden? You forget about her Speed Booster (& Shinesparking)...? She also has so many Energy Tanks, Sub-Tanks, etc...Crono wouldn't be able to scratch the surface of her armor...She takes on interplanetary alien threats on a weekly basis...Crono barely got through one...
Its the time it will take her to be able to activate the speed booster that will get her. in all metroid games I have played speed booster did not work automatically, you had to get up to that speed. Crono on the other hand is fast from the get go. and will use all tactic and ranges to his advantage. also samus is not exactally the fastest in the Super Smash Bros. series in whichI can crush Samus with link when I have a handi-cap of 2 and she is Lvl. 8 with a handi-cap of 8.

ONSLAUGHT:
 its a cutscene, in alot of games I have played the same thing happens in some of them where this one guy pwns (sometimes a later boss or the player) everybody but then can get screwed over by somthins else because of a lack of something, granted the weapon I see sevierly damaging Crono is her supermissle combo with the wave-beam, so you would need to find a way to null Crono's speed and either have it so he can't escape the move by increasing distance or prevent him from moving all together. also how dose Crono = the Ing Emperor? Crono is much smaller than that Ing and most of the metroid bosses for that matter. Samus' mobility of some joints are restricted by her armoe while crono has no hindering armor on his movement of joints and his agility. but yeah I do see your point there with some people its hard to tell who would win? this is one of them where I can see no real winner.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2008, 05:34:07 pm »
That's why I added plus magic. And the further you kick the crap outta it, the smaller it gets! But yeah, that's the closest I could think of. By the way for stopping Crono in his tracks, the missles she has in metroid Fusion even if they miss the target explode and spread so he'd have to move at either the speed of sound or light to avoid getting frozen solid.
Also, if you look closely at her armor the way it's drawn and designed it has something similar to what the Megaman X characters have that takes away the joint rule, but I can't think what they are called...

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2008, 05:58:51 pm »
A CHALLENGER APPEARS...

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2008, 08:33:56 pm »
I honestly think Link would be the best match against Crono. Not sure who would win, but that would be a fight the gods themselves would always remember.

As for another match-up, I propose Zero VS Vader. Zero wins. No exceptions.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2008, 12:02:47 am »
A CHALLENGER APPEARS...

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA

Okay, um, who? That is just, wow. For some reason I think a very wierd night, drunk, No More Heroes creators coming up with ideas and they were dressing up BoF Ryu for their ideas and this was the one where they had total(combined)26 beers, and something else.
But seriously, who is that I have no idea but I did burst out laughing thinking them clashing swords and him saying that.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2008, 12:30:31 am »
Okay, um, who? That is just, wow. For some reason I think a very wierd night, drunk, No More Heroes creators coming up with ideas and they were dressing up BoF Ryu for their ideas and this was the one where they had total(combined)26 beers, and something else.
But seriously, who is that I have no idea but I did burst out laughing thinking them clashing swords and him saying that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagaan

LORD KAMINA WILL CRUSH CRONO WITH HIS HEART'S BURNING FIRE

PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR DRILL!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2008, 03:09:50 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagaan

LORD KAMINA WILL CRUSH CRONO WITH HIS HEART'S BURNING FIRE

PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR DRILL!

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I, but I have to admit I f***ing HATE fanboys.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2008, 03:48:25 pm »
Its the time it will take her to be able to activate the speed booster that will get her. in all metroid games I have played speed booster did not work automatically, you had to get up to that speed. Crono on the other hand is fast from the get go. and will use all tactic and ranges to his advantage. also samus is not exactally the fastest in the Super Smash Bros. series in whichI can crush Samus with link when I have a handi-cap of 2 and she is Lvl. 8 with a handi-cap of 8.

If you're going to say that then you might as well say that Crono has to wait for his bar to fill up before he can use any of his Techs...She was still fast even just doing the running up to using the Speed Booster. And, what? Samus wouldn't use tactics & everything to her advantage?

so you would need to find a way to null Crono's speed and either have it so he can't escape the move

Hello Ice Beam+Wave Beam. Oh? You're behind something? DOESN'T MATTER. Oh, now you can't move because you're frozen? SUPER MISSILE TO THE FACE!! Or she could plant a Super Bomb (I'd say on par with a Luminaire if not moreso)...

Samus' mobility of some joints are restricted by her armor while crono has no hindering armor on his movement of joints and his agility.

Yeah, I'm so sure that the armor which allows her to curl up into a ball is really restrictive...And, also, Crono does wear armor (to up his Defense)...if we're saying he's going into this bare bones, he's dead before he takes two steps.

Also, any of Samus' ships>Epoch

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I, but I have to admit I f***ing HATE fanboys.

While Tact certainly didn't make his point well (lay off the Caps, dude)...I'd have to say that 1) I hate people who state that other people are entitled to their opinion as if that's a revelation unto the world that needs stating & 2) I'm pretty sure this whole thread (not to mention the Compendium as a whole) is for fanboys...;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:52:35 pm by V_Translanka »

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2008, 05:17:49 pm »
Lord Kamina is forever in the springtime of youth. However, Crono is moot, and moot can not be SoY.

Therefore, Kamina > Crono.

But that is only my opinion.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2008, 01:29:10 am »

While Tact certainly didn't make his point well (lay off the Caps, dude)...I'd have to say that 1) I hate people who state that other people are entitled to their opinion as if that's a revelation unto the world that needs stating & 2) I'm pretty sure this whole thread (not to mention the Compendium as a whole) is for fanboys...;)

I should've been more specific. My apologies for not doing so. I confess that I hate RABID fanboys (Caps is used for emphasis), like Carl from The Trek Life is a rabid Star Trek fanboy. I read his comic b/c it's funny. I'm a Trekkie myself, and as a Trekkie I think Carl needs more of a life. But that's just me.

For the record, my definition of a rabid fanboy is someone who goes up to their idol and goes "0/\/\6 u i$ 60|) i \/\/0R$HiP j0o 4 j00 R0XX0RZ A11" or some random shit like that. Yeah, who doesn't hate them?

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2008, 11:28:08 am »
Well, apologies for coming off as a "Rabid Fanboy", I was just using capital letters to emphasize the spirit of the character.  A common misunderstanding.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2008, 11:46:30 am »
Well, apologies for coming off as a "Rabid Fanboy", I was just using capital letters to emphasize the spirit of the character.  A common misunderstanding.

*nod* It's OK. Just a really big, $3Ri0U$ BUi$i|\|3$$ pet peeve of mine.