Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484874 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5820 on: May 03, 2011, 03:46:28 pm »
Portia di Rossi is so awesome.

Rushingwind, you need a good can of mace! I'm sorry people are motherfuckers with no respect. It falls back on people making a big deal out of what they don't understand, and these particular morons didn't seem able to understand much. Though that's no excuse, I guarantee it stemmed from one of the guys checking you out, then being confused about his own sexuality(probably not very secure with it) and thinking "this does not fit my cookie cutter definition of what I'm allowed to be attracted to as dictated by my father!"

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: May 03, 2011, 05:03:44 pm »
Sorry to hear about that episode RW! What the heck's happening in our society when people go out of their way to lash out and hurt others? What utility could there possibly be in that? It's unfathomable.

It's been said (and possibly backed up in studies/surveys, need to double-check on that) that the wider body of US citizens is less empathetic today than in earlier eras. Sounds about right judging from this, sheesh.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:16:24 pm by FaustWolf »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5822 on: May 03, 2011, 07:05:58 pm »
I imagine it will only get less and less empathetic as resources become more scarce and people become more numerous.

I wish I could put together the first machine consciousness. I'd solve this.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5823 on: May 03, 2011, 09:36:51 pm »
Syna's right, by the way. Ever heard of Emma Watson's new hairdo? Most guys were against all this, just because she looked like a dude. What did she say? A polite equivalent to, "Fuck you! I'm enjoying this shit!"

Sorry to hear about that episode RW! What the heck's happening in our society when people go out of their way to lash out and hurt others? What utility could there possibly be in that? It's unfathomable.
The utility's ancient, and it's thousands of years old.  :( Despite the modernity I can understand how such primitive behavior still affect us.

RW, stay strong! Don't give those fools any reason mock you for reasons more than they have. But do give them a reason to respect you, to be impressed with you. Beat them in their arguments cleverly. Lash back with s silver tongue. Demonstrate the boundless spirit and talents you possess and make them know their places. Let them know that you're more valuable to the world than those fools who simply have no time but to mock someone randomly! They will either admire you, or they will run and bark back but to never return.  :evil: But I would advise you to have a friend with you in case things seem rough.

I imagine it will only get less and less empathetic as resources become more scarce and people become more numerous.

I wish I could put together the first machine consciousness. I'd solve this.
Verily.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: May 03, 2011, 11:30:44 pm »
Thank you, everyone. I'm fine today now that I've slept, but good gracious, I was very close to physical violence last night. It would have been a low-brained response to a low-brained action, so I'm glad that I gathered myself and just left.

Tushantin, the thing about the dancing is that it's not professional show biz. It's a students/teachers sort of performance. Don't get me wrong, I like the headdresses! They're very pretty, and for artistic or stylistic reasons, I would certainly wear one (and I have considered one with my costume, at least before I realized my short hair was going to be a stumbling block). My resistance, however, is that I would be asked to wear the headdress (or wig) so that I would look more like the traditional bellydancer, as if I can't be a dancer with short hair. This is a gathering of students, teachers, soon-to-be-teachers, and the like. We're not professionals. They supposedly "encourage" creativity and individuality, but I suppose they have their own definitions of those words.

When I'm told to do/not to do something, I get really rebellious sometimes. I sensed way back in December that I might run into problems like these. There had been sort of a pressure on me to "cover my head," and that really brought out rebellion in me, because I interpreted it as being rooted in concepts of religious modesty. The baldness was "incorrect," and an obvious sign of something being wrong. My friends were fine with my bald head, and around them I didn't wear a hat. But out in public, I covered up my head. (Though, there was some practicality in that too, because it was so unimaginably cold walking around without hair!)

There have been very encouraging people, though. I was walking around at the mall one Saturday night, and I was wearing a thick hat. I'd only intended to be in there a few minutes, but I ended up wandering around for a while (I like to walk, heh), and wandered into a store. Finally, it was so hot I had to take off the hat for a little while. My scalp felt like it was crawling with fire ants. As luck would have it, I'd wandered into a sort of goth type store, and the cashiers were telling me how hot I looked, and how much they loved women with bald heads walking around proudly, telling society to go screw its concepts of normalcy. That was an awesome night, heh.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: May 04, 2011, 05:29:21 am »
Kick ass for humanity

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5826 on: May 04, 2011, 04:46:52 pm »
Amazing! (Just saw the news) America had been giving Pakistan financial aid, and wants to continue doing so, but Pakistan's civilians actually want the Americans dead. They've put up rallies against the Americans, mourning over "Osama, their Prophet". There's something wrong here, and I'm going to remain open minded about it. That motherfucker managed to brainwash a whole nation just before going to hell! Goes to prove how easy it is to influence a human mind.

On a side note, there's a dragonfly in our room! x_x

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: May 04, 2011, 07:11:49 pm »
Oh, screw the English dictionary and its ridiculous incompletion! If I want to use the word "sliverish" to mean "as thin as a sliver", then by the gods of memery, I'm going to do it, damn it!

Quote from: tushantin
Amazing! (Just saw the news) America had been giving Pakistan financial aid, and wants to continue doing so, but Pakistan's civilians actually want the Americans dead.
Considering that Pakistani civilians have become victims of our airborne Terminators, it's unfortunately no wonder.  :(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:30:46 pm by FaustWolf »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: May 04, 2011, 07:35:43 pm »
Oh, screw the English dictionary and its ridiculous incompletion! If I want to use the word "sliverish" to mean "as thin as a sliver", then by the gods of memery, I'm going to do it, damn it!

Writer's prerogative. =)

As long as you understand the variables in play, you may transform or create any word you like when occasioned. That's a special and largely hidden power of writers and other linguineers.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: May 04, 2011, 09:05:10 pm »

LOL, but they don't have to explain sliver again since you can do another search.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: May 04, 2011, 10:50:17 pm »
Haha, I was just frustrated by the fact that the major online dictionaries don't have an entry for "sliverish", whereas they have entries for other similarly constructed adjectives ("whitish", "silverish", "childish", etc). We'll see what happens when I work my way up to things like "refudiate"; I have a feeling I'd be violating Lord J's language rules at that point.  :)

EDIT: Oh, you know what? I think the word I was looking for was "slivery"! And that's been used widely enough to be in the dictionary.  :oops:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:59:05 pm by FaustWolf »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5831 on: May 05, 2011, 12:27:42 am »
Fuck the platitudes of some Christians to the effect of "we're so imperfect! Humans are so corrupt and fallible and unworthy; we're nothing in the eyes of God! Only the glory and mercy of Jesus gives us any value!!"

Fuck that self-loathing bullshit right into the ground.

Well, well, well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy_YGeYKPA8

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: May 05, 2011, 12:40:19 am »
EDIT: Oh, you know what? I think the word I was looking for was "slivery"! And that's been used widely enough to be in the dictionary.  :oops:

=P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqPFyCTYGtU

Still, you can never have too many variations on the same word. It's a poet's mainstay!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5833 on: May 05, 2011, 02:49:48 am »
Fuck the platitudes of some Christians to the effect of "we're so imperfect! Humans are so corrupt and fallible and unworthy; we're nothing in the eyes of God! Only the glory and mercy of Jesus gives us any value!!"

Fuck that self-loathing bullshit right into the ground.
We're imperfect? Well, yeah... Corrupt and fallible? Also true. Unworthy? Probably not. Nothing in the eyes of God? Yes, if you consider God as "The Universe". Only Jesus gives us value? Sort of, but it's nice to know where we stand today thanks to the hardships of great legends in the past. Gandhi, Julius, Augustus, Mohammed, Newton, Blake, Tesla, etc., all of you from the past, you have made us what we are today, and we shall rise in your name! Thank you.

So what if we're imperfect? We're a superior life-form destined to tear the universe apart! We're the perfect symbols of all the glories of evolution, and we will transform infinite darkness into light! We'll destroy the corrupt. We will eradicate our flaws. We have our reasons of existence, and we will exploit the mysteries of the universe!  :kz

There's a long journey ahead, brother.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5834 on: May 08, 2011, 01:41:27 am »
I visited an old old old DA account I had. The drawings are shit, but it's actually funny to look at them. What frustrates me are my original comments... oh god, I was such a pathetic angsty teenager: 

Here my winged wolf again, I use to draw him everytime I'm sad... maybe I should go to psychologist to know what it means... He's supposed to be in pain.

:picardno 

...how did I ever manage to make friends?