Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484425 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5220 on: May 29, 2010, 06:10:29 pm »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5221 on: May 30, 2010, 01:56:34 pm »
"College students today may be so busy worrying about themselves and their own issues that they don't have time to spend empathizing with others, or at least perceive such time to be limited," O'Brien said.
Give me some sunshine, give me some rain~ Give me another chance, I wanna grow up once again~

A lot of parents don't have the financial means of helping their kids through college, something previous generations have been able to benefit from. We're more competitive out of necessity. We're competing against older people with more work experience for low level jobs that would have normally been available to us.
Only a donkey, well trained or not, goes with tedious jobs without thinking, too busy for anybody else, so long as he's being fed. A true genius muses under the shade of a tree, dreaming of ingenious things to do. So what does one choose to be: a brainless/unimaginative yet prosperous lap-dog, or a rascal who sought freedom and faced starvation and rain?

The source of lack of empathy all gets to one point: us. Each decision we choose will inevitably create some kind of cog to turn which will affect few others in the process, be it on the basis of regulations, inspiration or even competition. Personally, I loathe competition, which is basically the reason why I only enter some of them (reason being I love to show my art to people, not to win; but I also know there are those better than me and the thought of my art being ignored hits hard). My idea of human development is not by giving examples of successful people and surpass them. my idea of human development is the development based on various multiple intelligence.

Competition itself has its own flaws, especially how it was defined in the movie 3 Idiots. From what I gather, technology was actually meant to make people's lives easier, being an intellectual extension of a human body (creating a force which isn't equivalently powered by human efforts, in which case, "magic"). But in this regards economy also plays an evil game; economy's tendency is to create an amount of credit to help a person afford a number of necessities, but when the balance is shifted you actually have one person crawling in luxuries while the other starving to death, and all thanks to the genius of effortless money-making technology. This creates a role of competition amongst individuals who yearn to survive: again Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest.

Initially people's dependence on technology alone was limited, and the only way to survive was to congregate in groups, consider relations with other people (the more you're liked the more likely you'll survive; in fact, even today chicks/dudes watch out for social proof of the opposite gender). Today, money is actually a contract saying, "I don't care who you are and I don't care what emotional status you're in. You work for hours and you get paid. Deal?" So you see where the things are going.

This in turn breeds more crimes, especially when people get desperate they'd kill another for their own needs, especially when those people utilize people's "empathy" as their weakness. Consequences? People are told to be cautious, which leads to fear and thus people stop trusting strangers especially with their identity, and with no trust there can never be enough social connection or empathy. Terrorists attacking makes it even worse.

So basically each person has the right to worry about his future, but when that happens people would happily sacrifice others for their own ends if their lives seem to be at stake. But with this attitude we're not really any better than beasts.

So this is my Springtime of Youth resolution: Teach kids the importance of the human heart. If parents or teachers force you to be someone you aren't, FUCK it! Show your parents you're more than that! The world is your playground with lots of possibilities, and you can't be tied to one place eating peanuts. Go out there and eat a VARIETY of peanuts!! Find your path, or even BREAK a path if you want to, follow your heart and MAKE LOVE TO ART (the art of scientific invention is also art)! And also, LEARN because you want to or to use the knowledge to make a difference; DON'T learn just to get good grades. Any idiot can memorize a book and get 99% without knowing its significance. But we aren't all idiots, are we?

ANNNDDD find awesome ways to help the poor to get on their own feet and make their own destiny. Farming is better than charity.

:franky SO WHO'S WITH ME?!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5222 on: June 01, 2010, 02:48:00 am »
Hey hey, calm down, lassy! Actually worrying about dying is gonna accelerate the process further. I've never known what the fuck went wrong, but it's pretty shocking when you drop the bomb like that all of a sudden, and I really don't know what to say... I'm sorry...

Nevertheless, note that death is never the ultimate goal.

:franky YOU ARE IN THE SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH!!

Don't worry your heart, and godspeed. Humans do make miracles that surpass the binds of scientific explanation, and you will recover. I'm at complete loss of words right now, but this is something I'd like to show you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y4cQEEyuTw

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: June 01, 2010, 05:54:53 am »
Words to the wise. But I won't say I'm not struck.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: June 01, 2010, 11:38:55 am »
Saj, may you be like Stephen Hawking, telling doctors to suck it nearly 40 years after he was predicted to kick the bucket.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: June 01, 2010, 07:04:50 pm »
The world ends where you want it to end, Saj. :kamina

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: June 04, 2010, 12:19:25 am »
 :picardno

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: June 09, 2010, 08:20:41 pm »
That actually breaks my heart, because we all know the things you've been through, plus some things that you probably keep deep down inside you. I have to say, it hurts to know that the world might end up losing someone like you, Saj. But, I bet...I bet you'll pull through. Like stated earlier, people surpass things. I bet you are one of them, because so far, you've surpassed everything. Burn on, Sajainta. We're rooting for you.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: June 12, 2010, 07:31:00 am »
I have a lunch appointment at one o'clock this afternoon, and my fate is to be fatigued for it. After taking a spin in a weather balloon late last night, I inadvertently unsettled my stomach and ruined any chance of returning my sleep schedule to a normal phase. Oh well!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: June 12, 2010, 10:01:37 am »
Fuck cretins. Fuck knows I'd love to enjoy the song "Stronger" by Kanye West and the beats and aesthetic of a lot more hip hop, modern rock, pop, and even some country songs (er, modern rock and indie are kind of still musically shit), but they're sung by total fucking idiots and are thick in misogyny, consumerism, and total ignorance. It's hard to like something when the message is stupid as fuck and the person singing it is brainless. I'm reminded of a pearl some otherwise-xenophobic idiot once posted; that a civilization is in decline once everyone is striving to appear like the underclasses. We have material possessions as the gold standard of achievement in life, and even shit like ICP calling scientists liars about miracles. What a fucking dereliction. Create loyal workers through substance abuse, consumerism, and religion, and erect a life of pursuing these vapid things as the most glamorous possible. Normalize what's considered difficult so that the plague of human limit perception and laziness kicks in and makes small achievements feel large and intense difficulties seem impossible. Then let the perpetual underclass work for their buzz and toys, and sit back with wealth capture. People get out of school and begin rotting, lacking self-challenge and any sense of individual and collective perspective. Cares and worries get localized and further constrict any kind of grand-scale thinking, and self-improvement and challenging gets written off as "stressful" and avoided. Fuck that. I'm going to make a fucking empire of humanism.

I am the fucking strenuous life. My desires are the prized compasses pointing me to as many destinies as stars in the sky, each ascertainable through the springtime of youth. There is no cutting them away. Each desire represents another aspect of life; another root in existence; another flavor of this world. I shoot for all of them and let the chips fall. Humanity never stops fucking growing. Smash fate with your fucking fists. If there's a wall, we fucking tear it down. If there's no path, we build it with our own fucking hands. No God, rot, or limit is going to contain the will of sentience.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 10:14:47 am by ZeaLitY »

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: June 12, 2010, 12:12:46 pm »
Agreed with that, Zeality.  :kamina

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: June 12, 2010, 05:53:29 pm »
Fuckin' magnets...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5232 on: June 12, 2010, 06:49:16 pm »
Fuckin' magnets...

How do THEY work?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #5233 on: June 12, 2010, 06:59:53 pm »
It's a miracle, yo!

I really, REALLY hope that band is just playing stupid. What depresses me most is that my little brother is a fan, and is always trying to get ahold of their licensed soda.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: June 12, 2010, 07:05:45 pm »
I really, REALLY hope that band is just playing stupid. What depresses me most is that my little brother is a fan, and is always trying to get ahold of their licensed soda.

-_______________________________________-

I don't think they're playing stupid.  My condolences for your brother, Zeph.