Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484430 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5190 on: May 17, 2010, 11:38:42 am »
Prince has reportedly needed double-hip-replacement surgery since 2005 but won't undergo the operation unless it is a bloodless surgery because Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept blood transfusions.[89]

Another reason why most of Prince died with the 80s: his religious conversion.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5191 on: May 17, 2010, 12:30:29 pm »
Prince has reportedly needed double-hip-replacement surgery since 2005 but won't undergo the operation unless it is a bloodless surgery because Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept blood transfusions.[89]

Another reason why most of Prince died with the 80s: his religious conversion.
That ain't religious. That's just plain stupid.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: May 18, 2010, 01:56:19 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1279252/Jehovahs-Witness-15-dies-refusing-blood-following-crash.html

Now a 15-year old Jehovah's Witness is dead following a crash because he refused blood.

Guess he's with "God" now.

:picardno

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: May 18, 2010, 05:24:50 pm »
Tch. Well, if we wait long enough, maybe these animals'll kill themselves off... if they don't totally F up the world before then.

World's better off if you ask me.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: May 18, 2010, 10:10:18 pm »
Drama.  Drama frustrates me and pisses me off.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: May 19, 2010, 12:22:47 am »
Hear hear. I don't do drama. Most of the time I'd sooner dissolve a friendship than put up with drama, and I don't tend to gravitate toward drama people in the first place. Fie on drama! To blazes with drama! O, wretched quality!

*audience claps*

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: May 19, 2010, 01:06:12 am »
My biggest frustration - besides the Tea Party 'victory'- the fact that I think so little of people now. About a year ago, I could honestly say I could believe in the good of people. But now, I'm not so sure anymore. Every day when I'm on the computer or when watching TV, it seems I'm always being bombarded by how rotton people can be (and how most people are, take the majority of the news). With today's programming, aside from cartoon network and comedy central, it seems that most of TV only gives a damn about drama these days.

That and given my own 'lackluster' experiences with people, there are times nowadays where I no longer see people as people. I see... Yahoos. Anybody who's read Gulliver's Travels all the way through probably knows what I mean.

And it frustrates me that I feel this way. And due to that frustration, I cause a bit of drama, which I apologize for.

I'll admit it. I'm kinda messed up. And I don't know what to do about it. :x

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: May 19, 2010, 03:10:35 am »
And I don't know what to do about it.
A nice stroll through DeviantArt, Wikipedia's quick-reference art galleries, or even Youtube always works for me.

There may be a lot to hate out there, but there sure is a lot to love too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:12:19 am by FaustWolf »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: May 19, 2010, 03:40:33 am »
My biggest frustration - besides the Tea Party 'victory'- the fact that I think so little of people now. About a year ago, I could honestly say I could believe in the good of people. But now, I'm not so sure anymore. ... And it frustrates me that I feel this way.

Your frustration is very understandable. Humanity gives us a lot to admire and a lot to detest. Like the proverbial half-filled glass, you can see it two ways. You have the power to choose which way you'll relate to. I'll say this: If you are genuinely troubled by the shortfalls of your fellow humans, then you are in a good position to appreciate the amazing potential our species collectively possesses. Do not be any more troubled by the dead weight than you have to be to assure their wellbeing. Focus on the inspiring people among you, seek them out and make yourself known to them. In a few decades you will be gone; in the meantime, enjoy what power you are able to muster for the fulfillment of your ambitions and the betterment of our civilization. I do not mean to tell you that you should not be frustrated. Yours is a frustration that I share. I only mean to tell you not to settle for less than you are capable of understanding. Embitterment is very easy. It is not very rewarding.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: May 20, 2010, 06:33:00 pm »
Heartbreaking call with a woman facing an abortion for a couple grand. She's out of our coverage area, and the regional fund won't call her for a while, so she was considering coming to north Texas. But the trip alone would probably wipe out the aid we'd give her through gas money/lodging... And I could feel the dejection and despair in her voice after I told her about the coverage, and the maximum assistance we could give her. This situation probably wouldn't even exist if Texas weren't so horrible in regards to the abortion process and sexual education. Three more women today would have qualified, but can't reach the National Abortion Federation, who uses the attrition of a single phone line to weed out women who aren't devoted enough to call them hours a day until they can connect to an operator. The state of things is emotionally distressing, and even more so when communicated through the voice of someone in that situation...

Damn the people who stand in the way of reproductive rights. I damn them to the pages of history. I will bury them.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: May 20, 2010, 10:05:49 pm »
Damn the people who stand in the way of reproductive rights. I damn them to the pages of history. I will bury them.

I guess you must be damning me then, seeing how I'm actually standing up for civil rights and not reproductive rights as some people would misapply to the situation.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: May 20, 2010, 11:09:56 pm »
My very own ankle-biter. Fuck off.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: May 21, 2010, 01:57:33 am »

Tsk, tsk.

There will be people with views different from yours. Why must you be this rancorous to anyone whose voicing his or her opinion? Does telling anybody that make you a better person, let alone be remotely productive? Be honest.

Quote from: John Stuart Mill
If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: May 21, 2010, 05:31:03 pm »
Your brand of "difference" is disruptive, ignorant, and offensive. You are the voice of the Dark Ages on this forum.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: May 22, 2010, 10:54:23 am »
Josh no draw good.