Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484427 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4455 on: November 03, 2009, 11:37:20 pm »
I had a flashback in my Art History class today (link if you don't know what that means).  I have them all the time, but I'm usually able to get out of class in time, but today I didn't make it.  I ended up collapsing right next to the door, shaking and crying.  My professor stopped the class and after I had regained at least some of my senses I was able to move into the hallway.  My professor got another professor and they urged me to go to the counseling centre.  I did not want to--I just wanted to be left alone--but I didn't want to be rude.  The therapist I saw there wasn't very sensitive and started asking invasive questions, despite the fact that I was sitting there crying and I could hardly speak.  Thanks, therapist.  I ended up missing the remaining half of the class because I was still too triggered to do anything except be alone and wait until I was able to function.

My professor knew about my lovely little disorder since the first day of classes--I make it a point to tell all of my professors that I have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and so they know that sometimes I might have to leave the room or might not be able to come to class if we're going to be discussing something that will trigger me.  But that does not keep me from feeling very embarrassed and very ashamed that he saw me have a flashback.  Not only did he see me have one, but my entire class did so as well.  I'm so upset.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:45:43 pm by Sajainta »

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: November 04, 2009, 01:50:18 pm »
I'm really sorry that happened, especially with the therapist doing what he/she did.  I'm often very unpleasantly surprised at who can pass for a therapist these days, both from my own experiences and from stories I've heard from others on the subject. 

On a lighter note, my brain has apparently ceased to function if my previous posts are any indication.  I've managed to flip my perception of latitude, think it is Nov. 4th two days in a row, and forget how the US election system works all on record.

I think I'll crawl back into my cave and code now...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4457 on: November 04, 2009, 05:53:02 pm »
On a lighter note, my brain has apparently ceased to function if my previous posts are any indication.  I've managed to flip my perception of latitude, think it is Nov. 4th two days in a row, and forget how the US election system works all on record.

I think I'll crawl back into my cave and code now...

That should be good for your awareness of how the outside world functions.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4458 on: November 04, 2009, 06:45:50 pm »
Yeah.

Well, it is H1N1. The fever's gone now, though, and the prescription was Tamiflu + copious candy and junk food to supply calories. Not a bad prescription.

I don't have the sore throat J suffered when he got swine flu, but I have had a real bastard of a headache for 2 days straight.

Edit: So, gays lost in Maine. Fuck the Catholic Church.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:50:45 pm by ZeaLitY »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: November 04, 2009, 08:54:24 pm »
Feel better, Zealoft!

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: November 04, 2009, 08:58:11 pm »
Aye, indeed. Feel much better. Kick that H1N1 to the curb.

Today, during a small class talent competition, I gathered a group of buddies and we decided to sing Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up in front of the whole class. Oh, indeed. We were to Rick Roll the entire class.

Well, due to their cowardice at the last moment, I ended up singing the entire song by myself. And I did a downright good job of it as well. I can sing rather well, in tenor.

But where is a man without his friends by his side? My, have I never seen such yellow-bellies fear such humiliation. In this case, he who ran away, gave a look of awe as I received a free test grade.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: November 04, 2009, 09:21:57 pm »
mr z, h1n1 sucks. trust me. but i know that you can persevere. youre mr z! the springtime of youth! it may feel horrible now, but i hear that once you get it once you cant get it again. like chicken pox.

its cold in my house.
why dont we put on the heat?
oh yeah its expensive.
then im frustrated at the oil companies for making it expensive to make me warm.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: November 04, 2009, 09:47:04 pm »
But where is a man without his friends by his side? My, have I never seen such yellow-bellies fear such humiliation. In this case, he who ran away, gave a look of awe as I received a free test grade.

Hah, yeah, good show.

mr z, h1n1 sucks. trust me. but i know that you can persevere. youre mr z! the springtime of youth! it may feel horrible now, but i hear that once you get it once you cant get it again. like chicken pox.

Absolutely. Hasn't slowed me down at all!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: November 04, 2009, 10:30:02 pm »
So, gays lost in Maine. Fuck the Catholic Church.

I just read up on this from various sites. I was mostly disappointed with the poll result, until I read this:

“God has given us this victory,” Emrich continued, “and it is very important for us to recognize that he is the one who put the energy into this campaign. So let’s not be so arrogant to forget this. It’s very appropriate to pause for a moment of prayer.”

Then I was kinda pissed. (apologies if I'm being too offensive)

In other news, my music player has apparently been lost to the Darkness Beyond Time. :(

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: November 04, 2009, 10:36:30 pm »

I just read up on this from various sites. I was mostly disappointed with the poll result, until I read this:

“God has given us this victory,” Emrich continued, “and it is very important for us to recognize that he is the one who put the energy into this campaign. So let’s not be so arrogant to forget this. It’s very appropriate to pause for a moment of prayer.”

I don't think that pointing out anger over that statement qualifies as offensive at all.  It is a pity that many people can't fathom the inherent cruelty in statements like that...  :(

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: November 04, 2009, 10:40:24 pm »

In other news, my music player has apparently been lost to the Darkness Beyond Time. :(

*groan* Thses Catholic bastards need to be burned on their own fucking crosses.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4466 on: November 04, 2009, 10:45:13 pm »
Depressing...I thought for sure Maine would be the one to lead the crusade(yes, I did use that word on purpose).

But at least they did it right this time. They let the people decide and not the courts. Can't say I'm happy with the result, but this is a huge step up from how California handled it.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4467 on: November 05, 2009, 12:50:50 am »
It was a ballot measure in California the ended gay marriage. I'm glad you're happy at the victories, both in Maine and in California, of your fellow bigots over their brothers and sisters.

This was by no means done right. Direct democracy does not automatically validate the justice of a law. These laws are equally unjust and tyrannical as they would have been had they been issued by the decree of an absolute monarch, as they still violate the rights of the people.

Laws of this kind being passed, via any means, is disgraceful. In fact, I would go so far as to say that their passage via direct democracy is even more disgraceful, as the passage can no longer be blamed solely on a few powerful bigots, but rather, the bulk of the voting population is guilty of such shameful bigotry.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: November 05, 2009, 01:19:42 am »
It doesn't go anywhere near redeeming Catholicism as a whole, but at least Conan O'Brien did his societal duty and poked fun at the Maine decision tonight. It'll happen yet; if Conan isn't excommunicated for his liberalism, it represents a bending within the Church in America. There is a great swell and schism taking shape inside the Church; every liberal Catholic feels it, and yearns for its ultimate fruition. Not that this is meant to defend the church in any way; I'm matter-of-factly stating something I believe to be happening. Makes you wonder what exactly Ted Kennedy expressed in his letter to the Pope.

But of greater concern to the Catholic Church should be that parishioners say things like "and it is very important for us to recognize that (God) is the one who put the energy into this campaign...It’s very appropriate to pause for a moment of prayer.”

A little nudge, a little snapping inside, is all it takes for a person who says things like that to become an atheist. I've seen it happen time and time again; perhaps the atheists among us can take heart in that at least.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: November 05, 2009, 01:34:33 am »
The California Supreme Court decision was also predicated on legislation passed shortly before. The entire "the judiciary took away the rights of the people" argument is a fabrication by those who hope their audience won't fact-check the policy. I'm trying to find the original Andrew Sullivan post. Sullivan's an intelligent conservative and gay "Catholic"; he favors limited government, and thus opposed Bush. I'm just waiting for him to finally drop Catholicism, since he hasn't had anything positive to say about it in years. He reported before the last election that a few Catholic parishes denied communion to those who would vote for Obama.

While the most popular quotes ("democracy is an angry mob" and "democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding on lunch") attributed to the founding fathers about democracy are unsourced, probable fabrications, I do think the founding fathers wrote about the perils of democracy. I'll need to research it. Anyway, a democracy is only as strong as people. And that includes a lot of ignorance. The concept of a republic tries to balance this out by having the elected officials represent the best among the people. Unfortunately, politics is a savage popularity contest, and so even this is a failing.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:39:03 am by ZeaLitY »