Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484430 times)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2250 on: March 05, 2009, 11:43:32 am »
Man, if I get to sleep 7 hours, I'm practically sleeping in. (pretty bad, I know...)

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: March 05, 2009, 12:06:26 pm »
Man, if I get to sleep 7 hours, I'm practically sleeping in. (pretty bad, I know...)
Tch..  I usually get 6.  8 if I'm really lucky.

Most days I'm running on 5 hours of sleep or so.

9900giljerky

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: March 05, 2009, 12:32:44 pm »
I'm not sleeping much, lately...

My grandmother has cancer, and she refuses to go through Chemotherapy. My grandfather (her husband) had a severe stroke, and now he's a vegetable. My mother is now taking care of my grandmother (her mother), and coping with my dying grandfather (her father), all the while dealing with her occasional spasm attacks. And, my sister is moving to my aunt's, because she doesn't want any part of it.

At least I have some good news- I'm back online!

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: March 05, 2009, 01:07:36 pm »
Okay, Last Tuesday(Not a couple days ago, I think it was the 24th) My sister and mom went half way across the country for a vacation and took the only DS in the house.  Now during that week my brother and I not only ordered CTDS, but also a DS flash card.  Now they get back and we're excited because these two things have been just sitting around waiting to be played.  Then the day after they get back we find out that we have positively no idea where the charger is.  She's pretty sure she didn't leave it there, but we practically searched the house for it.  And still no luck.  Ugh.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2254 on: March 05, 2009, 01:18:27 pm »
Shiiit. If it doesn't show up, replacement chargers don't cost much.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: March 05, 2009, 01:21:50 pm »
Tch..  I usually get 6.  8 if I'm really lucky.

Most days I'm running on 5 hours of sleep or so.

I get about 7-8 hours every week. Weekends...those are a different story.

9900giljerky

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: March 05, 2009, 01:32:09 pm »
Wonderful.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2257 on: March 05, 2009, 02:02:51 pm »
I can't sleep until 4 or 5am now. I've just grown too used to it. It's annoying as all hell getting up at 2 or 3 in the afternoon when I could've spent the morning doing something.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: March 05, 2009, 04:46:36 pm »
I can't sleep until 4 or 5am now. I've just grown too used to it. It's annoying as all hell getting up at 2 or 3 in the afternoon when I could've spent the morning doing something.

Every night, 1-2 AM. Wake up at 9 AM, go to class at 10 AM. That's how I set my schedule.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: March 05, 2009, 06:22:44 pm »
This is so annoying and I need your help to calm me down and let this author know.   

Over here I am known as Tetraforce in the reviews.

Here is the fanfiction I am upset about.   
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1970898/1/The_Rise_of_Ganondorf  (Chapter 1 the Fall of Hyrule)

Authors Summery:     "
THIS FIC IS COMPLETED FINALLY! THANKS FOR THE REVIEWS AND HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE END!. For those of you who are new here's the summary: Uhm...Link lost the final show down against Ganondorf and now he has to make up for lost time before Ganondorf destorye
"

TriforceofEternity's comments:

Better then it sounds and the descrptions are good once inside such as when Zelda was trying to escape her room when Dark Link left but it's riddled with mistakes such as the summery up above though I just now noticed it.  :shock:

1.  She doesn't let people know when a scene is switched and makes it part of the sentence without a break.

2.  She also doesn't let people know when a conversation is telepathic until it's over.

3. The personallitys of the 7 Sages need some work though not too much.

She also is a bit one sided with Link making him seem perfect for making rash decisions such as not excepting help even though he is injured and is having a difficult time fighting.     She makes him out be the Gospal Truth and it bugs me when people do that.     

I am also the only one to notice those mistakes which aggravates me cause the reviews make her seem perfect.   
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 06:28:12 pm by TriforceofEternity »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: March 05, 2009, 07:32:33 pm »
No one is perfect. Maybe she's well respected and people are afraid to criticize her. Or maybe they're all morons and you're the only smart person. If you check out my old account (please don't, it shames me), my prize story was reviewed only by this one guy, over and over and over. It was... um... creepy.

I think he was Internet stalking me.

... whatever.

Anyway, people dying sucks. People dying because they won't take a therapy that can make their life better sucks as well. Not sleeping sucks, too. I go to bed at 9:30 on weekdays and 10:30 on weekends. Who knows when I actually fall asleep. It changes. But my alarm goes off at 5:55 on weekdays and I'm usually up at 7 on weekends. Which pisses me off, because I want to sleep.

I'm upset because I just set up two computers all by myself. Compie the Internet Compie (the one in my mother's room) came into my room and is now where Mouse is. So I had to disconnect Compie, disconnect Mouse, connect Compie with Mouse's stuff, then go get the internet jack for Compie as Mouse's doesn't work with it. Then, I had to set up the new computer, which has yet to be named.

GAH.

On top of this, I have a sore throat again. All down one side of my throat. I'm guessing post nasal drip, but... eh.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #2261 on: March 05, 2009, 07:49:29 pm »
Was I the guy reviewing? Anyways, I'm sorry about all the deaths and such, but... Well, it has to happen sometime. I really have nothing to complain about, a first. I had a really great day today.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: March 05, 2009, 07:53:21 pm »
If you're Jarkes, STOP STALKING ME. Ugh. I must tell you that the Chronicles of Ackers is the most stupid shit I have created since the story with HAMBURGER. If I ever ever go back there, SOMEONE SHOOT ME UNLESS I ACTUALLY HAVE GOOD SHIT THERE.

And even then, IT SHOULD NOT BE THERE SO SHOOT ME.

I'm frustrated at screen resolutions. Compie had a very different screen from the one I'm using now and the resolution it had before hurt my eyes. Now I can't find a good enough one.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #2263 on: March 05, 2009, 08:45:47 pm »
Jesus, frustrated people! Calm down! I love your book! You're a great author! Now simmer down! I am not Jarkes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:12:43 pm by HyperNerd »

x_XTacTX_x

• I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: March 05, 2009, 09:01:01 pm »
Your a great author!

Your

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF