Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484426 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2025 on: February 15, 2009, 02:34:08 pm »
You guys got snow? How much? Half an inch?

Try getting half a foot, if not more, and then complain to me.

Yeah, I love my Caramel Delites. It's a cookie with chocolate, caramel, and coconut (as coconut is amazing) all in one! Only thing better is Lemonades. And that's cutting it close.

New frustration! The game I'm playing. I'm on this one mission in Hit and Run. You have to drive to these three places in the time limit and listen to Milhouse try and get Lisa to go on a date with him. I had trouble getting through it, but when I did, I was ready to save. But then my controller died. And I had to do it again. The second time I did it, it died. The third time I did it, I was just about to select 'Save Game' when an error came up.

And I had to turn off the Gamecube.

Without saving.

God... dammit...

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: February 15, 2009, 03:17:55 pm »
What, Is your girlfriend Kuchiki Rukia? Anyways, I have to abandon Bleach and you guys for a while. Bye guys. I hate the snow...

No, but she is a firey birdy thing

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 15, 2009, 04:15:50 pm »
So... Ramsus is back?  And Shadow is gone?

Huh.  What a difference a day makes.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 15, 2009, 04:45:39 pm »
It's amazing what happens here overnight. It's... impressive.

Finally, I got past that mission. But now I can't get Snake. Must go 'undercover' with Chief Wiggum (in full police uniform) in his police car (with blinking lights and a horn that is actually the siren) to get items he drops. Like pants. And an old lady.

My frustration is I don't want to keep proofing my novel. I just got to after the whole crazy Mayim thing and I don't want to read through the Orenlandian text. I may very well just remove it all together and have it just say they were speaking a strange, clicking language that was too fast for Zach's mind, never mind his tongue, to wrap itself around.

That works.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #2029 on: February 15, 2009, 10:55:32 pm »
I think the Orenlandian thing is hilarious. I'll help proof your novel if you want... I've been bored.

Anyways, We went up to the mountains, where several feet of snow awaited us. I had a lot of fun though. I slid down a huge hill on a plastic bag as a result of stupidity by sugar, and almost seriously injured myself...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2030 on: February 16, 2009, 12:27:34 am »
It's fiery...I know it doesn't look any less stupid than 'firey', but thems the brakes. This really isn't a frustration, but I felt like pointing it out. Let's see if I can work up a frustration by just continuing to type whatever's in my head...Hmm...car commercial's on tv right now...those are always lame...Simpsons is in HD now...I guess that's not frustrating either...though my tv has HD capabilities, I don't have HD tv...I guess that's kind of frustrating...oh wait, King of the Hill is on next. Yeah, that's pretty frustrating. I so very much dislike that show.

idioticidioms

« Reply #2031 on: February 16, 2009, 03:13:29 am »
frustration is playing a game of politics, running for the highest elected office, and watching your competitor lie through his teeth, contradict himself constantly, make you look bad for pointing out his bullshit and still have him wind up coming out on top in the polls. If it was played in real life, I would have already been disqualified for knocking his fucking teeth down his throat.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: February 16, 2009, 02:11:57 pm »
It's fiery...I know it doesn't look any less stupid than 'firey', but thems the brakes.

Yeah? And she can spell it however she wants

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: February 16, 2009, 02:21:47 pm »
   To put it best, Shadow was a puzzle thrust upon people who aren't good at puzzles. And now you see, whether admittedly or not, that some situations certainly require the skill. ...or am I hallucinating, and Shadow's removal wasn't controversial at all?
So Shadow was Banned?  Is there a particular reason?  I've seen him say some weird things but nothing that bad.  Although there are a lot of sections of this site I don't visit often at all.  Eh, whatever.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #2034 on: February 16, 2009, 02:24:36 pm »
Yeah, and Ramsus returned. He's like Aizen. He faked his own death, and came back ridiculously powerful. The difference is, Ramsus isn't the main antagonist.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #2035 on: February 16, 2009, 02:42:36 pm »
Yeah, and Ramsus returned. He's like Aizen. He faked his own death, and came back ridiculously powerful. The difference is, Ramsus isn't the main antagonist.

Or so you think.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 16, 2009, 02:49:25 pm »

Or so you think.

I was going to say something along those lines as well.

(User was banned for this post)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 16, 2009, 03:05:19 pm »
   To put it best, Shadow was a puzzle thrust upon people who aren't good at puzzles. And now you see, whether admittedly or not, that some situations certainly require the skill. ...or am I hallucinating, and Shadow's removal wasn't controversial at all?
So Shadow was Banned?  Is there a particular reason?  I've seen him say some weird things but nothing that bad.  Although there are a lot of sections of this site I don't visit often at all.  Eh, whatever.
Most of those whom are debating against the removal of Shadow were not around since his arrival and/or were not very active to begin with. I agree with the decision, mostly because I've personally dealt with his innane, vulgar, exacerbating and borderline antisocial behavior. Some dispute this, but he has not just displayed a few discontiguous actions -- but rather a detailed MO -- one guaranteed to disrupt the Compendium. Ramsus' decision was certainly not the popular one, but it was the necessary and wise one all the same.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 16, 2009, 03:07:14 pm »

Or so you think.

I was going to say something along those lines as well.

(User was banned for this post)

Looks like the plot twist has finally shown it's ugly head.

Time to insert Disc 2, guys.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: February 16, 2009, 04:27:42 pm »
 I was around when he showed up, I remember his annoying Dancing Lavos.

Also, $%*! at the original Metroid. My normal beam, which I will call the scab beam, does next to no damage against anything in Norfair, while everyone is killing me and pushing me in Lava. Don't suggest I seek out the ice beam: That just makes killing stuff take twice as long.