Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484422 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1560 on: January 23, 2009, 10:48:00 pm »
Why aren't you taking your medicine? Modern antidepressants are godsends to people with depression and bipolar disorder. Do you not like the way it makes you feel? Different antidepressants have different mental side effects.
I have epilepsy and a Strong case of both ADD & ADHD. I have had drugs prescribed to me a lot some herbal some factory produced chems. I don't take them, I explained this my doctor first, just because I do not wish to take anything that would permanently affect the performance of my brain. Even when its for the better, the thought of that scares the shit out of me. I don't do any heavy drugs due to choice not health reasons. Caffine, asprine, theraflu are fine but I even shy away from Alcohol and NyQuil.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 23, 2009, 10:50:57 pm »
My family has seen the effects of permanent things from medicines. To treat her Bipolar, my sis took Seraquil. She has since developed uncontrollable muscle spasms that no one knows what causes them. I have them, to a lesser degree. I took it, too.

I've also taken Riddlin, which drives kids crazier or something. Fun, eh?

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 23, 2009, 10:51:36 pm »
lol Eske, I think this is the first time I've ever seen you post in this thread, maybe. Time, Space, and Dimensions forum boring you lately?

Lol, nah  just branching out a bit more.  Also, I'm getting ready to present (well, re-present) the Dreamline idea from awhile back.  I deleted the last thread because I noticed a few flaws almost right after posting it lol.  I'll put it back up soon enough.   :D

Another gripe.....don't want to have to walk to the PX to get dinner tonight......so....lazy.....zZzZz

idioticidioms

« Reply #1563 on: January 23, 2009, 10:52:25 pm »
Actually, with cocaine, nicotine, and heroine, all are drastically changed from plant form to finished product. Marijuana is the one that stays in the form that it grows in, which is what I mean by natural, though I do agree with you that there are a lot of natural toxins in the world, such as most mushrooms. But marijuana is hardly toxic. And in some cities, breathing the air is pretty bad, and can have some long-lasting effects, but I will give the point to you on that one since, for the most part, it's not as big of an issue these days with the tightened regulations.

for ADHD, they had me on Silert when I was a kid. Turned out I didnt have ADHD at all, because I was still able to pay attention to things, I was just hyper. Silert, now, is a nightmare to the company that produced it.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 23, 2009, 10:53:07 pm »
Manic depression and Schizophrenia over here. The meds I took had a severe effect on my liver and heart, causing such enjoyable side effects like oral blood loss and hallucinations. I don't know how, but I stopped taking them a few years ago, and I'm good for the most part. My mood swings and delusions of thought have for the most part dissappeared.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 23, 2009, 10:55:46 pm »
In my case the, bleeding, nausia, vomiting, muscle spams aren't what scares me off. Its the behaving diffrently that does, which is what there goal is. I don't feel ADD, depression, etc. need to be *cured* they just need to be dealt with.

Actually, with cocaine, nicotine, and heroine, all are drastically changed from plant form to finished product. Marijuana is the one that stays in the form that it grows in, which is what I mean by natural, though I do agree with you that there are a lot of natural toxins in the world, such as most mushrooms. But marijuana is hardly toxic. And in some cities, breathing the air is pretty bad, and can have some long-lasting effects, but I will give the point to you on that one since, for the most part, it's not as big of an issue these days with the tightened regulations.
:picardno For not getting his point.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1566 on: January 23, 2009, 10:57:36 pm »
No, I got his point. His point was that they are not suitable arguments, and he gave reasons why they weren't, then I responded with my reasons why one was and forfeited the other to him. It's called debate.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 23, 2009, 11:00:03 pm »
It's a mixture of that I feel better off of it and MassHealth is still a dick. Until they stop yanking our chain, I can't get refills. And I'm out of Depakote.

Well it's a good thing you believe in using protection because if I remember correctly Depakote is a teratogen and causes a disproportionate number of birth defects.

Current gripe is my evil blood disorder. Yeah, I have some nasty health problems (can't see for shit, I'm Bipolar, I may also be Asberger's, and this nasty genetic thing of mine...). I have beta thalasemia. Or however you spell it. But what it does is it makes my blood anemic. Or close to. Depending on the day. Anemia is essentially an iron deficiency. Iron deficiency makes you tired. Thus, as I am always iron deficient, I am always tired.

Holy shit Tea, I hope you have beta-thalassemia minor and not one of the more severe forms.  :shock:

I have epilepsy and a Strong case of both ADD & ADHD. I have had drugs prescribed to me a lot some herbal some factory produced chems. I don't take them, I explained this my doctor first, just because I do not wish to take anything that would permanently affect the performance of my brain. Even when its for the better, the thought of that scares the shit out of me. I don't do any heavy drugs due to choice not health reasons. Caffine, asprine, theraflu are fine but I even shy away from Alcohol and NyQuil.

That's completely understandable. Bipolar and depression can often be severely debilitating conditions that wreak havoc on people's lives though, so often people will take the medication for the pros with full knowledge of the side effects. What I find particularly astounding about  ADHD though (as I'm sure you are aware) is that the treatment for it is often dextro-amphetamine, commonly known as speed. Yes, it is the same speed you can buy on the streets. In fact, it's even more pure than that. This treats ADHD remarkably well, but the long term side effects are completely unknown. So essentially, doctors routinely prescribe speed to children all across the country, often with half-assed diagnoses of ADHD. Amphetamine and methamphetamine are profoundly neurotoxic in normal individuals. Presumably they are less neurotoxic in people with ADHD, but this is truly just an educated guess.

Actually, with cocaine, nicotine, and heroine, all are drastically changed from plant form to finished product.

The chemicals are not changed at all, they are just extracted from the plant to produce a more powerful and potent experience. My original point was that the plant produces these chemicals naturally, and that these chemicals are naturally more dangerous than THC - even in minute amounts. Whether you are snorting a line of coke or chewing on a coca leaf, you are ingesting a chemical that is more dangerous than THC. That was my point.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:03:44 pm by chrono eric »

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 23, 2009, 11:05:34 pm »
I actually don't know if it's major or minor. Not sure if my dad has it, but it runs on my mom's side of the family. My mom, brother, and sister have it as well. But essentially I take my vitamins and that's it. I guess. As for Depakote... I knew that stuff was evil...

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 23, 2009, 11:11:51 pm »
Quote from: teaflower
As for Depakote... I knew that stuff was evil...
hah I read that as:

"As for Deepak Chopra... I knew that stuff was evil..."

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 23, 2009, 11:12:18 pm »
I actually don't know if it's major or minor. Not sure if my dad has it, but it runs on my mom's side of the family. My mom, brother, and sister have it as well. But essentially I take my vitamins and that's it. I guess. As for Depakote... I knew that stuff was evil...

Well then it is beta-thalassemia minor. Beta-thalassemia minor occurs when you have a mutation in a single allele of the B-hemoglobin chain. It is an autosomal recessive disorder but it exhibits an incomplete dominance form of expression. Heterozygotes have Beta-thalassemia minor, homozygous individuals have both copies of the gene knocked out and have Beta-thalassemia major. Because you inherit one copy of the B-Hemoglobin gene from your mother and the other from your father, if your father does not have the disease then it is impossible for you to have the Major condition, barring a spontaneous mutation in the other gene. And that is highly unlikely.

Which is good news for you.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:13:51 pm by chrono eric »

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 23, 2009, 11:14:41 pm »
... yay?

Aside from my health problems, I'm still having troubles with the novel. Can't seem to continue. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should have the characters do next?

The good news is that my English project is over.

I got a 5 on it.

It's better than 0, yes? And it's done! Yaaaaaay!

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 23, 2009, 11:15:30 pm »
... yay?

Big yay. You don't want the other one. It's bad bad news. All sorts of jacked up shit happenin' in your RBC neighborhood.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:17:10 pm by chrono eric »

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 23, 2009, 11:19:28 pm »
Yeah, that doesn't sound good. When I got the surgery on my eyes last year, my mom had to explain it to the nurse.

So you know, no matter what anyone says about surgery, it is not fun. I sort of cried tears of blood afterwords. Not cool. Nor was the pain. Or the vomiting. But that was probably just me reacting to the medicine they gave me.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1574 on: January 23, 2009, 11:38:04 pm »
Quote from: chrono eric
The chemicals are not changed at all, they are just extracted from the plant to produce a more powerful and potent experience. My original point was that the plant produces these chemicals naturally, and that these chemicals are naturally more dangerous than THC - even in minute amounts. Whether you are snorting a line of coke or chewing on a coca leaf, you are ingesting a chemical that is more dangerous than THC. That was my point.

Alright, I concede that one to you, too, then, lol. Learn something new everyday.