Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 489202 times)

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4320 on: October 22, 2009, 02:03:11 am »
My mindset is sexist in a way that I put females above males in a social heiarchy.

But I won't lie, I do make sexist statements often around and to my friends.  Never to be an asshole, and they know that, and they just make a sarcastic comment back. 

Criticize my ways all you wish, but you'll be taking more insult out of it than anyone of my friends, either boy or girl, has.

But assholes like the one Sajainta encountered, well, he was an asshole, and his statement was inherently both cruel and sexist, and intended to harm. I wouldn't consider myself anything like that.

Slut is definitley extremely offensive, from the standpoint of my social group.  Its worse than saying bitch, or atleast in the context we use it, because people here call eachother that alot (aimed at both male and female, usually only when someone's getting F***ed up in starcraft, though)

However the two can be used interchangably and just as wrongly in Sajainta's case.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4321 on: October 23, 2009, 09:26:18 pm »
Broke my jaw, which means no solid foods until after Thanksgiving, and pain killers make it so I can't drive. Very frustrating. Apologies for any incoherence in my posts for the next few weeks; blame said pain killers.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: October 23, 2009, 09:30:39 pm »
But RD, the important question here is...does stuffing count as "solid food"? Get well soon, man!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: October 23, 2009, 09:38:04 pm »
Broke my jaw, which means no solid foods until after Thanksgiving, and pain killers make it so I can't drive. Very frustrating. Apologies for any incoherence in my posts for the next few weeks; blame said pain killers.

That's awful, I'm sorry.

I've had my jaw dislocated a number of times and ended up having to get jaw surgery, where they pretty much broke my jaw and re-set it.  I was in the same position you are now with the non-solid foods and the pain killers.  So I understand your pain.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4324 on: October 23, 2009, 10:02:17 pm »
Dang, RD, that sounds painful. What happened?
I wish you a speedy recovery!

Current frustration: Photoshop cannot open more than 199 files at once. Crono's Gate has 235 "frames".

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: October 24, 2009, 02:27:40 am »

My condolances, my great compendiumite!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4326 on: October 24, 2009, 02:30:25 am »

Whoa, sorry to hear that. Recover soon.

Frustration: uhhh edited it out, fuck it

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: October 24, 2009, 05:21:04 am »
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that, RD.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4328 on: October 24, 2009, 03:12:46 pm »
But RD, the important question here is...does stuffing count as "solid food"? Get well soon, man!

It is my hope that by the time Thanksgiving rolls around, I'll be in good enough shape for at least that. Stuffing is my favorite part of the meal!

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Know this: though my jaw is broken, by beard remains at full strength. Therefore, recovery is inevitable!

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: October 24, 2009, 04:10:55 pm »
im really sorry to hear you broke your jaw, but i have to ask how you did it, if you dont mind telling us.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: October 24, 2009, 09:52:51 pm »
My neck, shoulders, arms, wrists, and fingers are SO sore.  I wish I had access to some kind of masseuse.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4331 on: October 26, 2009, 03:49:47 pm »
Health insurance in the United States. There's been a quote about judging things against the Grand Canyon going around here lately. I have a similar view, except with the moon landing. We put men on the moon. Go to the Wikipedia page for the Saturn V rocket and read a sentence. It doesn't matter which one, any of them. Now, in the light of that fucking marvel, and the fact that we used it to take human beings, and put them on a body distinct from our planet, and then we brought them back safely, ask yourself why we still have a 3rd world health care system.

Whenever anyone tries to bog you down with any difficulty about having a proper, single payer health care system in this country, remind them that we put men on the moon. Their objections are therefore invalid.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4332 on: October 26, 2009, 04:14:57 pm »
It doesn't matter which one, any of them. Now, in the light of that fucking marvel, and the fact that we used it to take human beings, and put them on a body distinct from our planet, and then we brought them back safely, ask yourself why we still have a 3rd world health care system.

Statements like these show that you have absolutely no perspective when it comes to global affairs, much less on health care. I could go on, but I have no interest in igniting this debate in the Frustration thread again. Move it to the health care thread should your frustration continue, plz, kthnx.

As for me, my frustration is morons who insist that I stop using the word "gay" in the pejorative sense(i.e., Square-Enix is gay for what they did to Crimson Echoes).

Despite the fact that I frequently have to explain that I am not against homosexuality, but am just using a modern colloquialism for the word "bad," I still have people beeping me on Skype about using the word "gay" in my status(specifically, "My DS is acting gay").

Now, given the recent elevation of the "homosexual debate," if I may use that jargon, maybe I should stop. But I'm not going to change my entire manner of speech overnight to suit some j-hole I met once on Skype and got their contact from it.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: October 26, 2009, 04:57:37 pm »
It doesn't matter which one, any of them. Now, in the light of that fucking marvel, and the fact that we used it to take human beings, and put them on a body distinct from our planet, and then we brought them back safely, ask yourself why we still have a 3rd world health care system.

Statements like these show that you have absolutely no perspective when it comes to global affairs, much less on health care.

As for me, my frustration is morons who insist that I stop using the word "gay" in the pejorative sense.

On October 26, trial was held in Department 180 of the Joshalonian Superior Court, in and for the County of Lord Esquires. In a moment, the results of that trial.

tick-tock ... tick-tock ... tick-tock :franky tick-tock ... tick-tock ... tick-tock

Under the Law of Universal Obscenities, it is universally obscene for an intellectual hoodlum to accuse a vastly more intelligent member of the same community of being incapable of mature participation in a conversation between adults. This law is in place not only to protect the reputations of the upstanding, but to keep the universe from exploding due to ironic forces.

Furthermore, it is a violation of the Civil Humanity Code of Greater Joshalonia for any person to defend an act of bigotry or bigoted language on the grounds of personal convenience.

Violation of the Law of Universal Obscenities is a Class Two Felony punishable by not less than twelve months imprisonment and a $1,250 fine. Violation of the Civil Humanity Code of Greater Joshalonia is also Class Two Felony. Due to his belligerence, and to the fact that two completely unrelated felonies were committed in such close proximity to one another, the defendant received the Maximum Sentence in both cases, and the sentences were assigned to be consecutive.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4334 on: October 26, 2009, 05:04:12 pm »
I CLAIM DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY! *runs away*