Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336715 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2985 on: February 22, 2011, 11:57:47 am »
http://www.2d-x.com/xenogears-brings-blasphey-and-mechs-to-psn/

ABOUT TIME.

But now which do I play, Xenogears or Radiant Historia...?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: February 22, 2011, 02:47:02 pm »
http://www.2d-x.com/xenogears-brings-blasphey-and-mechs-to-psn/

ABOUT TIME.

But now which do I play, Xenogears or Radiant Historia...?
Oh hell yes!

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: February 22, 2011, 03:34:07 pm »
Today I found the gallery of an artist called moosekleenex at deviantart. It gets me so inspired. All the compositions, the style, the intriguing character design, the concepts (which are both meaningful and disturbing at times), the technics used (many of the black and white pictures are done with sharpie  :shock: I wish i could draw like that!)... aaah, I'm loving this artist so much.... I faved tons of her stuff  :D

Wow, that artist reminds me pleasantly of Miyazaki or Japanese prints, except with a more Americanized cartoon style. I love the surrealism and the simple color palate. I would love to see her illustrate a story -- she'd draw a lovely magic realism graphic novel or something like that, I think.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #2988 on: February 22, 2011, 04:13:09 pm »
Wow, that artist reminds me pleasantly of Miyazaki or Japanese prints, except with a more Americanized cartoon style. I love the surrealism and the simple color palate. I would love to see her illustrate a story -- she'd draw a lovely magic realism graphic novel or something like that, I think.

I think it's the compositions that make her pictures similar to japanese prints. I would love to see graphic novel with her art, that would be so great  8)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: February 23, 2011, 04:58:28 am »
So the winking Nu

:wink:

To me kinda looks like he just got his ass beat but is in the middle of saying "But you should see the other hombre." in a really shitty accent.

And that other hombre is Soda Popinski.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: February 23, 2011, 09:00:57 pm »
I was offered a job as a geology tutor today. I didn't even go seeking it out. It'd be about two to six hours a week until the end of the semester. Apparently, I fooled the four geology professors into thinking I know what I'm talking about, and they want me to be the only geology tutor on campus. I'm very flattered, just kind of surprised. I didn't think I stuck out quite that much, heh.

...It could have something to do with my "cake theory." You see, there isn't a rock bed that I can't compare to a layer cake (with chocolate icing co-starring as the bedding planes)! Erosion? Someone ate part of the cake. Faulting? Someone cut the cake. Folding (compression)? Someone smashed the cake together. Igneous intrusion? Someone melted part of the cake away and replaced it with pure chocolate.

My professor says that one day, he's going to find a rock bed that I can't explain with the cake theory. :)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: February 24, 2011, 01:19:29 am »
My professor says that one day, he's going to find a rock bed that I can't explain with the cake theory. :)

Ah, I love science!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: February 24, 2011, 07:32:06 am »
Your cake theory is extremely clever!  I was absolutely rotten at geology.  I'm still surprised that I managed to escape my college geology course with a B-

I am, unfortunately, abysmal at science and mathematics.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #2993 on: February 24, 2011, 12:08:08 pm »
I love coffee... so much.... I hardly ever drank it about six months ago, but now I'm addicted. Last year, I quieted coke entirely(among other things), but caffeine came back in my life.

Yesterday, we got a new coffee maker at the office. The last one got broken in december... mmm coffee...

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: February 24, 2011, 12:34:00 pm »
I love coffee... so much.... I hardly ever drank it about six months ago, but now I'm addicted. Last year, I quieted coke entirely(among other things), but caffeine came back in my life.

Yesterday, we got a new coffee maker at the office. The last one got broken in december... mmm coffee...

I personally don't like coffee.

But I do love walking down the coffee section in my grocery store just for the smell of it. It's as close as I'd like get to the stuff.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: February 24, 2011, 01:03:47 pm »
Speaking about caffeine, I love the myth regarding the origins of tea.

So the story goes, there was a buddhist monk who was extremely dedicated and meditated for a year, neither sleeping nor eating. However, towards the end of that year he became too drowsy and fell asleep. When he woke up he was furious that he had given into sleep and so he cut off his eyelids so that wouldn't happen again. In time a plant grew where he had tossed aside the skin. Specifically, the tea plant, with its leaves supposedly representing the monk's eyelids.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: February 26, 2011, 06:28:46 pm »
I love coming across good deals on used computers.

Plus, there's nothing more flexible than having a spare laptop that still does 90% of what you need a computer for.

I bought a Thinkpad T21 the other week. 846MHz Pentium III, 256MB RAM, 35GB HDD, CD-RW drive for $40. Turns out it's the high-res 1400x1050 option for this model too, and it runs NetBSD great. I also got a $30 brand new battery and a $15 used PC100 memory upgrade coming in the mail.

So if I ever have to travel around or go someplace where it'd be risky but nice to have a laptop, I can grab this one and leave my Macbook safe and sound at home. And if I lose it, I'm only out $90 tops.

I also picked up a $120 Thinkpad T41 and installed Ubuntu Linux on it for my dad, so he has something to browse the Internet and watch movies with.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: February 28, 2011, 12:53:03 am »
WOW, the new rank icons are amazing!  You did a wonderful job utunnels!  My favourites are the Dimension Crosser and Errare Explorer ones.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: February 28, 2011, 02:45:14 am »
Hehe, I'm glad the new icons work.  8)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile