Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 337147 times)

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1545 on: September 20, 2009, 12:58:12 am »
Today, I realized what I love.

My family. Though rather disfunctional at time, we have proposed an ideal to correct that of which is broken in attempts to rebuild the foundations of a family.

I will honor that. I will fulfill that. I will love that.

That is really awesome.  I hope you and your family are successful in rebuilding.

Thank you for your words of hope. *chuckles*

As for the Lola comment....*falls on his back laughing heartily*

Wow...*wipes a tear*...I can imagine his face.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 20, 2009, 04:15:32 am »
I love On the Beach of Dreams ~Another World~ from CC, it really is one of maybe 5/6 songs that I have ever heard that just send shivers down my arm and back every time I hear it.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 20, 2009, 04:34:12 am »
just completed this puzzle over here.

http://www.getraged.com/tsw/

it was pretty legit.

Oh, and there is no conspiracy.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 20, 2009, 07:09:17 am »
:yes

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 20, 2009, 12:55:19 pm »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1550 on: September 20, 2009, 02:14:28 pm »
Last night, a friend and me were talking over skype and he started playing remixes from some various video game soundtracks. We went from Sonic the Hedgehog, to U.N. Owen was Her, to Final Fantasy Seven. When we got to FF7, I started trying to guess all of the tracks, and I managed to get most of them right after about 3 or 4 guesses. I got a few on the first try within 5 seconds and a few I couldn't get at all.

But its amazing, how I remembered most of them and where they were playing after not playing FF7 in...jeez, about 7 years now. I know we all love Mitsuda, but seriously, this is why Uematsu is considered the master. His music is so...fervent, that it sticks in the mind for years at a time.

I love On the Beach of Dreams ~Another World~ from CC, it really is one of maybe 5/6 songs that I have ever heard that just send shivers down my arm and back every time I hear it.

Yo, KebreI, I know you're layin' a little love on that track, and I'mma let you finish, but The Girl Who Stole the Stars is the best piece on the Chrono Cross OST. Thank you.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: September 20, 2009, 02:38:53 pm »
nah... its quite a toss up between those two, Radical Dreamers, Life (a distant promise), The Frozen Flame, aaand one or two more.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 20, 2009, 02:49:29 pm »
I can agree with Girl Who Stole the Stars and Radical Dreamers.  I absolutely love Shadow Forest and Dragon God as well--even if the forest is #*%&!?@ annoying.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1553 on: September 20, 2009, 02:50:02 pm »
Still none compare to Magus' theme, especially in mixes. Well, maybe Corridors of Time and Chrono Trigger. Anyway, Black Wind Rising is one of the most epic remixes on OCR. The good thing about this theme is that it can have so many different styles and feels without ever losing its charm. No matter what is done to it, it's always creepy and epic. Even Blue Minded God, which is slow and very minimal, feels like it fits.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1554 on: September 20, 2009, 02:56:26 pm »
Sajainta, when I replayed Chrono Cross over the summer, I didn't go to the Shadow Forest. I chose Guile the first time, and Pierre the second. Nikki just suxxorz.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 20, 2009, 03:12:44 pm »
Still none compare to Magus' theme, especially in mixes. Well, maybe Corridors of Time and Chrono Trigger. Anyway, Black Wind Rising is one of the most epic remixes on OCR. The good thing about this theme is that it can have so many different styles and feels without ever losing its charm. No matter what is done to it, it's always creepy and epic. Even Blue Minded God, which is slow and very minimal, feels like it fits.

Oh yeah, definitely.  Those were just my Cross ones.  My favourite Chrono songs ever (CT and CC included) are probably Frog's theme, Magus' theme, and Schala's theme.  In that order.

I've never heard any remixes, other than the Brink of Time ones.  :/

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1556 on: September 20, 2009, 03:26:50 pm »
Aw man you're missing out! I'd recommend heading to ocremix.org right now! Some really good songs to start with are Antimatter (Magus), Atonement (Magus/Frog), decay of Hope (Magus), At the End of All Things (EoT, Millenial Fair, some Zelda song), Another Fair (Millenial Fair), Requiem for a Green Revolution (Green Memories, World Revolution), But The Future Refused to Change (a lot), Forever (Last day of the World (It has SINGING)), Revival day Impoteus (Last day of the World), Subterranean Opus (Underground Sewer), Knights Come Marching Home (Frog, FFIX), Sacratus Bellator (Frog), Corridor of Time Warp Mix, Corrupter of Time, dreamofZeal, Island of Zeal, Zeal Love (all Corridors of Time, but Zeal Love, Island of Zeal, and Corrupter of Time are the BEST), Tears for a Girl (Schala), Aqueous Transgression (Ocean Palace), Wave Breaker (Ocean Palace),  the whole CHRONOTORIOUS album, and from the Compendium's remix list: A Timeline Eliminated, Sewer Trippin, Sewer Wonderland, The depths of Isolation, anything and everything by dhsu, mustin, mazedude, and zyko, and anything else that looks good to you.

That's just what I can remember off the top of my head, I know I left a lot out.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 20, 2009, 05:53:33 pm »
ZombieBucky!

Is this picture from your rotating user images a picture of Ayla...with a briefcase?

Because, if so, the nonplussed look on her face has got to be just about the most awesome epic win ever. Do you have a full-sized version of it?

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 20, 2009, 06:02:00 pm »
Regarding Lord J's last comment, I have a question::

How do you get your avatars to rotate?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1559 on: September 20, 2009, 06:04:11 pm »
http://rav.shishnet.org/
Make an account there and upload your pictures. Remember, max avatar size for the Compendium is 100 wide and 200 tall!

Also look up Chrono Symphonic, great music :kz