Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484473 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6150 on: September 13, 2011, 03:45:19 am »
I also have a lifetime of appreciating music (though who doesn't?), and my imagination extends to the world of music very naturally.

With prose, I rarely get writer's block. But with music, it can hit me like a brick wall.
Hah, tell me about it! Music is the soul of the universe, and you can hear planets and stars sing. Every life has a song etched in its heart, and that is where our journey begins. It's power can also bring life to fictional manifestations, which explains why it's capable of breaking a writer's block (cube?)

It's amazing, though, that majority of us have at the Compendium are into varied quality in music (some into classicals, some italidisco, some for new-age, and some movie-esq genres), but the massive world out there just goes for what's mainstream.

Then again, not all mainstream is bad. This one, apparently, bloomed flowers in the most barren deserted expanses of thought when I introduced an excellent female character in my novel.

Also, drums make Shee crazy.  :D

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: September 14, 2011, 08:35:00 am »
I wish I were more intelligent.

I wish I was as intelligent as I was before I started high school.

Hey Jeff, thanks for all the concussions, all the mind-fuckery and dehumanization, and all the drugs you and your little rapist cronies pumped through my body that fucked with my brain, you sadistic psychopath.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:38:12 am by Sajainta »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6152 on: September 14, 2011, 05:27:35 pm »
XD You already are!

I don't know much of what went on in your past, and I am also aware that I am not in the position to ask. But I can say this: the human brain has an excellent capability to repair and improve damages (unless it's been shot with a Magnum sniper), which means that you are not as inferior as you think by any means. Yes, you may have a delayed start. But I also know that I view you as someone like Jun Misugi / Julian Ross from Captain Tsubasa, who suffers from a weak heart and thus is unable to play longer than 10 minutes per game; one thing I love both about you and Jun is that despite your handicap when you step into the pitch you're like a sun that outshines every star in the field.

Also, it depends on how you define "intelligence". To me, it isn't "what you know or how much you know". To me, a person can be deemed intelligent when he/she is a critical thinker, has a critical and observant eye, is extremely curious and creative, and is capable of assessing information at a given time. It's easy to read a book and brag what you know, but it takes RADICAL to solve a problem or figure out things with precision, and fortunately anyone can be that radical. It's just that nobody wants to try or are too intimidated by it. But you already are that awesome. XD

Also, even if someone isn't, there's no problem with that. Intelligence isn't governed by uniform levels, but how efficient you are at whatever you do. In the words of Sherlock Holmes, master what you are and what you do; any knowledge beyond that is irrelevant. Sherlock was an idiot because he didn't know that the Earth revolved around the Sun, but he was a genius when he needed to track a criminal across continents. It was his strengths that mattered, not his weaknesses.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6153 on: September 18, 2011, 03:11:48 am »
Sigh. Lipsyncing is fucking tedious, despite all the technology available today. I hate being accurate and technical; I'd rather be artistic, focusing an aesthetics above all else. Artists tend to cheat through unnecessary accuracy, but sometimes things are just unavoidable.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6154 on: September 18, 2011, 04:38:02 am »
I hate diplomacy, in that I hate the air of legitimacy it gives to positions of ignorance. It invites an argument to moderation as well. How would it be if President Obama invited the KKK to the White House for a dialogue, in hopes of reaching a diplomatic consensus? Outrageous. Because we, in all our erudition, know the KKK is evil and racism is backwards. But other things? We're not so lucky. In issues of governance, taxation, economics, sexual equality, religion, and what have you, one must pander and open a channel to the ignorant parties as to appear diplomatic, courteous, and bipartisan.

But their emperors are naked. I absolutely believe that top-down encouragement of virtue from positions of power can have a positive effect. I sympathize with enlightened despots. But on a much more realistic level, I believe that there are far too many good people out there who hide away their ideals and cower as to maintain group agreement and consensus. (Well, maybe not the Dutch.) It is also a problem of idiocracy and the right-wing tone of indignation; I can find one-hundred blustering idiots who'll die for their imaginary God for every one sincere intellectual not afraid to speak their mind. It is thirdly a problem of anti-intellectualism. This is an age of tailored spirituality, religion, and freedom to live in a world without any inkling of understanding how it works. People are separated from underlying workings by blind acceptance of the world around them, and the emotional comfort this world grants—which makes it mightily inconvenient when truth inconveniently shakes things up. There is a reason we have cars. There is a reason we have electricity. It's called SCIENCE, and it didn't suddenly stop being true just because it invalidated your bullshit faith, asshole.

The only use of diplomacy in improving the world should be for ruthless, calculating effectiveness. When not apt for this purpose, take a stand.

Oh, not to mention anarchy and anarchists. If you're of that ilk, you're an irredeemable fucking idiot who's ignored 4,000 years of human history. Without humanity's self-governance, you wouldn't have two stones to rub together.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:43:50 am by ZeaLitY »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: September 18, 2011, 10:23:55 pm »
I wasn't sure whether to put this in Frustrations or Amusements, but I settled on the former:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/sc-dc-tax-millionaires-20110919-9,0,2351238.story

For a few years now, conservatives have been prominently using the phrase "class warfare" to undermine economic policies intended to reduce economic class divisions and increase mobility. Do you appreciate how ironic this is, given organized labor's previous use of the term and also given conservative policies of increasing class divisions, increasing poverty, and literally capturing national economic wealth and redistributing it to the richest people?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6156 on: September 22, 2011, 01:59:23 am »
Windows, why you so slowwww? :(

My eProject nears and I can't seem to speed up this piece of trash (my hardware is sufficiently fast, mind you, but I don't understand why I would even need to fix it despite being extra careful of my OS). I don't understand why we have to pay for this piece of crap! Why can't it simply be as convenient, fast and stable as Ubuntu? What's all this unnecessary maintenance?

YOU AREN'T THE MASTER OF MY LIFE, MICROSOFT! :x

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6157 on: September 23, 2011, 08:58:46 pm »
Fuck the sun. All it does is punish with brightness, beat down with heat, and make days less aesthetically pleasing.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: September 23, 2011, 11:32:58 pm »
I really, really do not like my friend's dog Chloe.  I usually don't mind dogs, but I'm a cat person (and a ferret person) hands down.  And this dog reminds me every single time I see her why I am a cat person and not a dog person.  She's one of those "Oh, you don't love me?  Why don't you love me?  =(  I'm going to bother you until you love me!" kind of dogs.  It annoys the hell out of me.  I don't want her getting up in my face, licking my legs, and trying to sit in my lap every time I visit my friend.  And my friend spoils her rotten, so that doesn't help.

Uuuuurrrrgggghhhh.  When a cat knows you don't like them, they leave you the fuck alone.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6159 on: September 24, 2011, 03:43:58 am »
Uuuuurrrrgggghhhh.  When a cat knows you don't like them, they leave you the fuck alone.
But unlike dogs, cats usually don't respect you either.  :lol: To them, they are your masters and it's your job to take care of them.

I read their minds, and it's scary what's in that tiny brain of theirs...

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: September 24, 2011, 05:51:04 am »
And that's what I love about cats.  They are so pompous, so it's all the more endearing when they're sweet with you.  Most dogs are almost always sweet, so it's really not a big deal when a dog is all "I WUV U".

Besides, I don't crave respect from animals.  I love animals, I treat them well, I've considered any pet I've had to be a member of my family, but I don't need their respect 'cuz they're, well, animals.  As long as my pets like me and like playing with me, I'm happy.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 05:53:19 am by Sajainta »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: September 25, 2011, 07:21:23 am »
I am frustrated at people's seemingly indiscriminate aversion to "chemicals."

I wonder if they make a drug for that...

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: September 25, 2011, 08:38:48 am »
Some of my music won't work on my new computer, and I have no idea why.  >/  Looks like a job for Super Duper Computer Fixer D!

...Once he actually gets up, that is.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6163 on: September 25, 2011, 11:04:05 am »
Some of my music won't work on my new computer, and I have no idea why.
http://getsongbird.com/
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

XD

BTW, Saj, dogs aren't always the "I WUV U" kind (I was never a dog person, but thanks to Licawolf I developed curiosity towards them since the past few months). Here's what I saw today.

Was that a jibe towards someone I know?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: September 25, 2011, 12:42:29 pm »
Was that a jibe towards someone I know?

I was talking more generally, particularly in response to this Los Angeles Times article, but it's fair to include the comments in the other thread. Popular opposition to genetically modified food (quite apart from the malpractices of companies like Monsanto), and blind faith in all things "organic" and "local," are peeves of mine.