Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484473 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5715 on: April 12, 2011, 11:18:01 am »
Damn. I had a dream where a new Chrono game was finally announced. Obviously, my hopes are crushed.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5716 on: April 12, 2011, 11:43:14 am »
I dreamt about that too, a couple of years ago  :picardno and still the dream hasn't come true.

Today at work, for ten minutes I totally freaked out becase I thought I accidentally deleted the work of many weeks... thank god I forgot to clean my last computer memory before giving it back, there was a copy of everything there!  :o

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5717 on: April 12, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »
Does she have pink hair too?  XP
Okay, except for that. XD

Today at work, for ten minutes I totally freaked out becase I thought I accidentally deleted the work of many weeks... thank god I forgot to clean my last computer memory before giving it back, there was a copy of everything there!  :o
:P Got a (free) solution for ya, in case that happens again. Running Windows or Ubuntu?

If Ubuntu: Ubuntu One Cloud service will always save your life. No installation or anything because it's already in-built. Just select the folder in your computer and hit "Synchronize".

If Windows: You can do wonders with the Briefcase option it's got, along with Dropbox. xD Even if you accidentally delete any folders it can still be accessible from anywhere in the world.

Both these cloud services give you 2GB of free online storage, so no fret! Ubuntu One will also be coming for Windows soon, just so you know.

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5718 on: April 12, 2011, 05:02:02 pm »
:P Got a (free) solution for ya, in case that happens again. Running Windows or Ubuntu?

He, actually, I'm working on macOS  :P  but thanks

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5719 on: April 12, 2011, 08:03:51 pm »

He, actually, I'm working on macOS  :P  but thanks
Here ya go! 8D http://www.dropbox.com/downloading?os=mac

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: April 12, 2011, 09:47:19 pm »
A bunch of my friends have decided to start using drugs.  Woo-hoo!  Nice, good "Christian" friends with husbands and children.  Fucking idiots.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: April 12, 2011, 10:08:07 pm »
People really are stupid, but what can you do other than tell them that it would be a really bad idea, especially if their kids found them and started using them, too.

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately. Last night I was up until like... 11 because I just couldn't sleep. All of today I was tired, and it won't help the whole sleeping thing today because I took an extended nap when I got home from school. I was just... OUT.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: April 12, 2011, 10:52:02 pm »
A bunch of my friends have decided to start using drugs.  Woo-hoo!  Nice, good "Christian" friends with husbands and children.  Fucking idiots.
  That is terrific.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: April 12, 2011, 11:40:20 pm »
Yeah, I'm going to be the bad guy and contact this one girl's parents (she's really endangering her son).  We have two mutual friends who know a lot more than I do, and they're being all "oh, she must feel so awful".  They've known for a MONTH that she's been snorting coke, driving with her one-year-old while high and drunk, and selling herself for drugs.  And they've done nothing.  Nothing except coddle her and say "Oh that's terrible, you must feel so bad."  I'm infuriated by their actions (or lack thereof) as much as her's.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: April 12, 2011, 11:55:13 pm »
When straightedge types fall, they fall hard. I knew so many who just went ballistic once they started doing 'forbidden' things.

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5725 on: April 13, 2011, 02:00:55 am »
They've known for a MONTH that she's been snorting coke, driving with her one-year-old while high and drunk, and selling herself for drugs.

that's awful :/ ... I usually leave people alone when they get into that stuff, but if she really is putting her child in danger I guess someone needs to intervene  :?

Here ya go! 8D http://www.dropbox.com/downloading?os=mac

xD Thanks! I'll give it a try tomorrow at the office
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:29:06 am by Licawolf »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5726 on: April 13, 2011, 07:13:56 am »
Hah! I don't want to make jokes at this point of time, though I was just about to say that my drug is MII (Meditation, Inspiration, Internet), but that statement of yours reminded me of a hilarious scene on TV that I watch after I get home from work.

There's a guy who pretends to be an old sage by wearing fake beard and wig, and the way he "Preaches God" is hilarious, and yet he manages to convince everyone that this is the right way to worship God. In turn, any enemy would actually turn over a new leaf and become benevolent.

Last night there was an episode where a drunkard tripped and fell, and to heal his injuries he demanded more booze. His wife kept begging to the conman sage to help them, and he managed to convince the drunkard that the most addictive feeling is to drown yourself in God's love and somehow managed to fix his neck (which they called a miracle). Problem was, he was singing a drunkard's Item Song to prove his point.  :lol:

Here's an idea of what it would sound like if he preached God in English:
Quote from: Conman Sage
*clears his throat* Our great ancestors have guided us with the words...

You know you love me, I know you care
Just shout whenever, and I'll be there
You are my love, you are my heart
And we will never, ever, ever be apart

Arthaat (definition)! The Lord wonders why his children ignore him so. He wonders why nobody speaks his name anywhere. But his undying faith lies within the world he created, within the innocent, honest hearts help one another. They fulfill the Lord's dreams of bringing peace and happiness, and the Lord says, "You know you love me, you know you care, just as you care for the world. Don't worry, my children; whenever you shout out my name, I will be there for you. I love you and hold you close to my heart, and even if all the heavens fall apart, you and me shall never be apart". So, my brethren, the words speak true: The Lord shall never forsake us. And we shall be forever grateful to his love, and kindness. So let us sing along now:

Baby, baby, baby, oh
Like baby, baby, baby, no
Like baby, baby, baby, oh
I thought you'd always be mine, mine

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: April 13, 2011, 07:25:21 am »
GOOD MORNING COMPENDIUM.

It is 6:24 AM here in Bard_of_Time World, and I've been awake since about 6:00 PM yesterday! I'm running on adrenaline, caffeine, and INTERNETZ. This is my frustration. This goddamned INSOMNIA. ... and random naps.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: April 13, 2011, 03:14:52 pm »
@Saj I hope it turns out ok.  It's scary stuff.  I have failed...miserably...in my previous intervention attempts with close ones.  Can't blame your anger, but remember that NO ONE enjoys being told that they are wrong.  Ever.  Guess I'm just sayin don't go in with guns a blazin...

CuyahogaRiver

• Porrean (+50)
  • A pyro manic River Spirit! Setting water on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: April 13, 2011, 08:24:14 pm »
Frikin TUITION BILLS!