Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484464 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2460 on: March 24, 2009, 12:32:44 am »
don't forget the episodes with father o'hara! or just matt. or just rickety cricket.

"she told him she'd kiss him if he ate a horse turd. when he did it she wouldn't kiss him and she said it was because his breath smelled like shit."

To keep this on topic, you know what frustrates me? People who say they don't (or won't) like a show simply because they didn't find it on their own and somebody is suggesting it. I'm in a web design class in college and was assigned a group project. Make a website with CSS(nothing new).

So our topic is music and I wanted to do a site on Flight of the Conchords, simply because it's not genre specific, it's universally enjoyable, their fan base is huge and there is a lot of content available (fan art, music videos, photos, clips of the show, clips of their standup act, music clips, etc.) that we could use to build a site rather easily and enjoyably for everybody. The people in my group had no idea who Flight of the Conchords were and even when I showed them one of the funniest songs from the show on youtube, and they laughed their asses off, they still didn't want to admit they liked it. They were all "we don't have HBO" and I was all "that's why I bought the DVDs until I could afford HBO". In the end, I showed the professor "Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor" and it was decided that we SHOULD in fact do the project on them, which I consider only a small victory, as my team members still want to half ass it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:40:50 am by addiesin »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: March 24, 2009, 12:40:05 am »
Yeah I think that It's Always Sunny beats out Arrested Development in the hilarity department. But it's close.

Oh man I wish I could remember the exact quote from the Dennis and Dee go on Welfare episode. I'll probably butcher it but:

"My retarded sister and I are recovering crack addicts"
"Your sister...is retarded?"
*points at the backwards bicycle helmet*
"Can't you tell?"

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: March 24, 2009, 12:48:18 am »
i think that one may be too close to call. i'd have to say that arrested development won me first, it's always sunny in pa won me much quicker.  but i think both have strokes of genius in every episode.

the office, flight of the conchords, and even 30 rock are all fantastic, but each has at least one bad episode. i don't feel that way about development or sunny. EVERY episode is good. which is also subtlely frustrating. why'd they have to raise the bar so high damnit?

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: March 24, 2009, 09:05:22 am »
I haven't touched French in over three years now, but if I can get back to a pretty fluent intermediate state with my reading and listening in the next few weeks and pass a government proficiency test, I get a $200+ bonus every month. The only bad part is that all my French study materials (textbooks, notes, CDs) from college are back in the states, so I'm having to make due with whatever I can find.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:25:57 am by Ramsus »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: March 24, 2009, 09:13:35 am »
I learned my French from Chef Louie.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2465 on: March 24, 2009, 02:11:40 pm »
Virus going around Washington pretending to be System Security, or scan4any.com. Don't know how to get rid of it. If you see this site, run for your life. There's also another virus or trojan that's supposed to stay dormant until April 1st. Any computer connected to shared networks (especially in colleges) in Washington state are at greater risk, so be sure to scan your computers thoroughly before the month is over.

"An error occurred while trying to uninstall System Security 2009. It may have already been uninstalled.
Would you like to remove System Security 2009 from the Add/Remove Programs list?"
But, of course, it hasn't been uninstalled. Can't remove it that way. Anyone know any other ways?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:44:56 pm by Zephira »

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: March 24, 2009, 06:02:38 pm »
How does the virus get installed?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2467 on: March 25, 2009, 12:04:14 am »
I do not know. When I woke up this morning, mom was shaking me and telling me the computer was acting screwy. Only had time to run an AdAware scan before leaving for school. I think it's fine for now, but I'm not sure. Just be careful what you download.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: March 25, 2009, 04:01:11 am »
"Ugh, Israel are monsters! They are killing innocent people for no reason!"

Shut the fuck up. Just shut the fuck up.

When you get punched in the face, do you go and let them continue? Or do you fight back?

Now, say they're still punching your face after 60 years, aren't you tired of it? Don't you just want to beat the living shit out of them? That's exactly what's going on.

Fuck Palestine. Fuck all those children who think Jews are monsters. YOU ARE THE MONSTERS.

If there could ever be another genocide...

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: March 25, 2009, 04:48:37 am »
"Ugh, Israel are monsters! They are killing innocent people for no reason!"

Shut the fuck up. Just shut the fuck up.

When you get punched in the face, do you go and let them continue? Or do you fight back?

Now, say they're still punching your face after 60 years, aren't you tired of it? Don't you just want to beat the living shit out of them? That's exactly what's going on.

Fuck Palestine. Fuck all those children who think Jews are monsters. YOU ARE THE MONSTERS.

I have a close friend who lives in Haifa, and I totally hear you man.  I really don't understand how the world possibly makes Israel out to be the bad guys in their combat situations.

I mean, if your neighbors tried to set your house on fire every other day, in hopes of killing you, while voicing their hopes of killing you every time they had a chance, would the logical response from the police be "ask them nicely to stop and give them some stuff to try and convince them."

The leaders of the world are so fucking stupid.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2470 on: March 25, 2009, 07:40:50 am »
Ah, the Middle East. Religious war for millennia, and perhaps for another century to come. Thanks, faith.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: March 25, 2009, 08:05:01 am »

Wishing for another genocide would make you the monster.   and israel is a monster, just like any other religious states.  though, the most i do about my dislike for israel is that i make sure not to buy israeli products...they certainly produce a lot of sweet peppers.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:11:30 am by placidchap »

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: March 25, 2009, 09:02:55 am »
Edit:  Even for the frustration thread I was harsh.  My apologies.  I have rather strong feelings and personal attachments to this issue, so I'll leave it at that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:28:14 am by FouCapitan »

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: March 25, 2009, 09:17:20 am »
I am aware that they are people, like you and I.  I live in Canada now and I see many cultures.  I see "fresh off the boat" immigrants and I see 2nd and 3rd generation "immigrants" and I don't have a problem with any of them (except maybe some Chinese...).  What I don't have sympathy for is their 'plight'.  I don't have sympathy for religiously driven wars, conflicts etc.  I don't like israel as a whole (or palestine for that matter).  I don't have a problem with israeli people.  edit: being Jewish has nothing to do with it, btw.
It is possible to like people as individuals but not the institution they represent or work for or believe in etc.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:24:18 am by placidchap »

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: March 25, 2009, 09:38:43 am »
I was a bit out of line on that one.  Edited to keep things somewhat clean.

I don't have sympathy, nor give support for religious wars either.  But the way I see it, hezbollah and hamas fired first, they broke the ceasefires first, and they continue to front an effort to wipe Israel off the map.  Israel in return defends itself, and in an ironic twist gains the ire of the UN and others.

All religious methods aside, the reactions are natural.  Israel could be a nation of athiests and would probably still come to the conclusion of "blow up the guys shooting rockets at us".

It's a damn shame too.  Conflicts aside, Israel is a beatiful country, especially the Mediterranean cities, that I'd love to go back and visit on my own terms.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:40:15 am by FouCapitan »