Author Topic: Crazy Ideas Thread (outdated)  (Read 29863 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Ideas Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2007, 11:22:06 pm »
I called it Twin Golems and Golem Lord is that okay?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2007, 11:43:02 pm »
I like Golem Lord...and since it's only in the dialogue, I would like Golem Sisters unless that can't be done. If it can't be, Twin Golems is fine. I simply felt Golem Sisters was more poetic.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2007, 11:49:50 pm »
I like Golem Lord...and since it's only in the dialogue, I would like Golem Sisters unless that can't be done. If it can't be, Twin Golems is fine. I simply felt Golem Sisters was more poetic.

Golem Sisters works I guess.

(if we can go to 8 MEG ROM then we can double the size of the game, twice as many overworlds and location maps! Think of how huge areas would become & new areas that could be added!) We could use the extra overworlds as dynamic changing worlds like between the Dark Ages and Last Village maps. I would eventually like to add 2 new OWs 1. When Last Village waters go down (after some siqequests are completed) 2. Prehistoric (Snow begins to accumulate in areas)

I think I may add the towns soon if I can figure out how to add a new tileset and hack palettes. Shouldn't take too long to figure out.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2007, 11:54:52 pm »
Right, okay then. I'd love to see adaptable world maps. It would be quite neat and work really well with the whole theme.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2007, 12:18:06 am »
Right, okay then. I'd love to see adaptable world maps. It would be quite neat and work really well with the whole theme.

Yeah, especially if we could make the feild area and paths between Truce Village, Guardia Forest, Zenan Bridge an enterable area with monsters. It would be like the path screens between towns if you played Seiken Densetsu 3. HOWEVER, to make this even cooler, once you have beaten a "path area" you can just walk over it on the world map. -- but still enter it if you wish, like entering the entire town, or just the individual houses.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2007, 01:08:41 pm »
Hmm...that sounds almost like we'd be overdoing it...maybe if we can add in more locations than already available to use in the game later...but I'd say it's something to at least leave for a later addition.

I was wondering...would it be possible to add in a tank with a Magus clone in the Black Omen room if he's joined your party? It'd be nice if we could, and have it removeable if the player decides to kill him instead. This might be tricky to program, though...given that it wasn't there originally like one might have thought it would be, it might not even be doable...but it's worth a try, I think.

And speaking of the Black Omen, are we going to have it disintegrate only once and have it disappear from all eras, with a graphic showing it disinegrating in whatever era the player took it on, or will we leave it as is, repeatable with showing its destruction in 12,000 B.C. only for the canonical purposes? I ask only because the Black Omen seems to exist outside of time and that it might make more sense for it to disappear in all eras after being taken out in any one of them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 04:52:59 pm by Kyronea »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2007, 02:59:29 am »
Hmm...that sounds almost like we'd be overdoing it...maybe if we can add in more locations than already available to use in the game later...but I'd say it's something to at least leave for a later addition.

I was only speaking if we had a bunch of extra locations.

I was wondering...would it be possible to add in a tank with a Magus clone in the Black Omen room if he's joined your party? It'd be nice if we could, and have it removeable if the player decides to kill him instead. This might be tricky to program, though...given that it wasn't there originally like one might have thought it would be, it might not even be doable...but it's worth a try, I think.

Should be possible, I may have to remake the whole room for this though. But as you can see, for me mapping isn't really a problem (aside from the fact that it takes forever)

And speaking of the Black Omen, are we going to have it disintegrate only once and have it disappear from all eras, with a graphic showing it disinegrating in whatever era the player took it on, or will we leave it as is, repeatable with showing its destruction in 12,000 B.C. only for the canonical purposes? I ask only because the Black Omen seems to exist outside of time and that it might make more sense for it to disappear in all eras after being taken out in any one of them.

The Omen destroyed, will take out all Omens.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2007, 11:43:13 am »
Understood. So will we make an animation for the Omen destruction in 600 and 1000 A.D.?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2007, 11:46:00 am »
Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard. I am pretty sure it can be done relatively easy, I just have to play around with overworld scripts more.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2007, 11:48:47 am »
Okay then.

Also, I've come up with what I want for an epilogue-esque bit after the main ending. Rather than have it be all that long and detailed, I've decided what would make more sense is to simply show Schala falling out of a Gate in the Darkness Beyond Time, wondering where she is, then have the Lavos scream sound clip play as the scene fades back out to showing "The End." What do you think?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2007, 11:53:40 am »
That's a great idea! Since Schala is NEVER going to be able to join your party, we should show that scene. (ah... the sacrifices of Square... Leo, Aerith, Schala....)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2007, 11:55:49 am »
Also, I am starting to get to the point in coding where I can use memcopy commands (like fading sprites to black/white & other effects)...

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2007, 11:57:33 am »
Neat.

Oh, that reminds me: what's the full range of possible animations for the PCs and most NPCs?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2007, 12:07:02 pm »
I am not sure on all of them yet. But in here in Kajar Labratories there's a forum with the animations to many of the PC's & NPC's

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2007, 12:08:50 pm »
Ah crap. I have to work crazy the next few days...  :x
Hopefully I will get Magus's Castle done by Saturday and can give you that.

~I bid thee farewell for now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 12:10:46 pm by Zakyrus »