Author Topic: Crazy Ideas Thread (outdated)  (Read 30306 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Ideas Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2007, 12:11:14 pm »
Ah, yes, of course, thank you for the link. In any case, good luck, and hopefully you will be able to get it done. We shall see, at least.

EDIT: You know...it occurs to me...given that in the retranslation it's stated all years are "Kingdom Year ____" and thus apparently based on the founding of Guardia--as is commonly assumed, we might want to replace all B.C. and A.D.'s with B.G. and A.F. respectively. B.G. being Before Guardia, and A.F. After Founding, if only because B.C. and A.D. have no meaning in the Chronoverse and it's a nice little extra detail. A.F. can be reworked, though...I'm not sure it's the best possible reworking of A.D...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 04:41:15 am by Kyronea »

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2007, 04:30:30 am »
Any ideas what I should change the music to Magus's Castle to? Or should I leave it at "Confusing Melody"? Also, any ideas what to change the Mt. Woe music to when I get that far?

Edit:
I don't want to use "Silent Light" at all for Magus's Castle, we need something very dark. Maybe we could eventually import something evil for his castle to have?

I did use "Silent Light" for Denadoro Mts because I like it better than "Underground Sewer"

As for Mt. Woe, I am going to make the howling wind part of the music track, but I would like to use some kind of song for that area.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 04:33:43 am by Zakyrus »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2007, 04:50:50 am »
Hmm...I think for the moment we should leave it at Confusing Melody for Magus' Castle. That's what was made for it and it fits the mood well.

Mount Woe...maybe we can make a different derivation of Singing Mountain for it...I know we're making one for Death Peak, but if we could make one that sounds similiar yet is different in many ways, that might work.

Or we could import a Prerelease track...I've no idea what, though.

The only other option I'm seeing is using Zeal Palace for Mount Woe.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2007, 05:00:56 am »
Confusing Meldody is fine.

How about ... for Mt. Woe?

I want to import the Dungeon Ambience from Radical Dreamers to replace the one in CT (becase RD version is so much better).

Oh, and if RD music import is acceptable (I don't see why not seeing as it's one of the very few things that are CT compatable) I would suggest Forest Ambience (import it as a sound loop rather than music track though!)

By the way? How did you like "Confusing Melody" in the Cathedral in the beta? (It goes to "Silent Light" after you save Leene and reenter the Cathedral)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2007, 05:04:18 am »
I'm fine with importing Radical Dreamers music. In fact, I'm all for it because it definitely gives us access to more than we would have had otherwise. I'd be for Chrono Cross importing as well if we could actually do it, but, as you've stated before, we can't.

As for Confusing Melody...well, personally I'm not too big a fan of the actual theme, but I definitely prefer it, as it enhances the feeling of a perverted purpose to the Cathedral, and as such Silent Light is a good choice for after the Yakra fight.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2007, 05:09:21 am »
Cool.
Yeah, RD had some good music.
I'll try to import it sometime. Especially if we imported the battle theme and made some kind of option to change the default battle theme to the RD one. The song "Facing" would be great for the Lavos Spawn Cave in Death Peak (I am talking about the one that will be filled with lava and stuff)

How about the song "The Day the World Revived" for Mt. Woe? Though my version replaces the instrument Vibraphone with Choir -- so it's a lot more sad. As if foreshadowing Crono's death even more.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2007, 05:12:42 am »
I think that works.

That reminds me...could we use Far Off Promise for the scene with Marle in Guardia Castle rather than The Day the World Revived? The neat redux of the theme is great for scenes like the Day of Lavos, or the bit upstairs right afterwards with Doan and the others, but for Marle's scene...it was out of place somehow...it just didn't sound right. So, instead, we might want to use Far Off Promise, or perhaps have two versions of The Day the World Revived instead, the original and your choir verison.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2007, 05:18:29 am »
Ok, "Far Off Promise" works for Guardia Castle.

Also, I alter the song speed, so for Lavos battle, Death Peak (Singing Mountain), and some other spots I can make the music faster or slower depending on the situation.  :D

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2007, 05:22:17 am »
Good idea...the more we can stretch what we have music wise to enhance the mood of scenes, the better.

Do we know what kind of track we want to play during the dialogue scenes before each Lavos battle inside the shell? We want to avoid having World Revolution play during the first scene because it wouldn't fit the mood at all and have it start up only at the end of the scene--such as, say, in Lavos' last dialogue box before the player chooses their party--but what to play before that?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2007, 05:27:14 am »
A good instance of warping music would be the pre-historic part just before everyone passes out.

Lavos talk scene? Probably I want to see that I'd use the RD theme "Sneaking Around" but change the piano notes to church organ, also speed the song up slighly. Until then, I would use a faster version of Confusing Melody...

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2007, 05:32:30 am »
Okay, that sounds fine to me. We just need to make sure it fits the mood...this is probably one part where we'll be switching songs like crazy till we find the perfect one, but once we do it'll be splendid.

Now, I need my sleep, so if you will excuse me...goodnight.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2007, 03:26:47 pm »
Music to import: (if we can ever expand it)
Viper Mansion from RD (use for Manoria Cathedral) -- that way the only place Confusing Melody is used will be Magus's Castle.

If I can import new sounds these will become sound loops rather than music:
Forest Ambience - from RD
Machinery - from RD
Running Water - from FF6

...more to be added.

Edit:
Also, can we have Alghetty resurface and have the Beast's Nest underwater? That way we could have the tunnels change and have a different path lead to the Zeal dungeon. This would allow us to reuse Alghetty as well as the Beas't Nest. I want to resuse as many maps as possible, especially with the limited amount of location pointers for now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 04:17:53 pm by Zakyrus »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2007, 04:52:39 pm »
Wow. I can't believe I just made the 65535th post!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 04:55:54 pm by Zakyrus »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2007, 04:55:14 pm »
Music to import: (if we can ever expand it)
Viper Mansion from RD (use for Manoria Cathedral) -- that way the only place Confusing Melody is used will be Magus's Castle.

If I can import new sounds these will become sound loops rather than music:
Forest Ambience - from RD
Machinery - from RD
Running Water - from FF6

...more to be added.

Edit:
Also, can we have Alghetty resurface and have the Beast's Nest underwater? That way we could have the tunnels change and have a different path lead to the Zeal dungeon. This would allow us to reuse Alghetty as well as the Beas't Nest. I want to resuse as many maps as possible, especially with the limited amount of location pointers for now.
I was actually going to suggest this too, so it seems we're thinking along the same lines after all.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2007, 05:05:02 pm »
OK. What I'll do later on is make the Beas't next 3 times bigger, and it will have sort of a spiral like this:

*M****X**
* *     B***
A  **      *

So you'll go enter from Alghetty(A), then go nw, sw, e, nw, n all the way to B which will be open from east to west during the Mt. Woe part. You will keep going all the way to M, where you fight the Mud Imp, Frost, and Flame Beasts. Oh yeah, you'll fight Beasts all the way through the winding areas.

When you come back when this map is submerged. B, will go north to X, which takes you to the Sunken Zeal areas.
When I get that far, you will have increments of 4 minutes to find pockets/rooms of air. Failure to do so will result in death.
Also, there will be underwater battles in the Beast's Nest and Zeal. I know there are Blue Imps riding Octopods but they are currently glitched. If I can fix them, I can make them have Tsunami moves and such. The Kraken will also be down here. I just need to make one more enemy down here so that it doesn't get repetetive. I am not sure what though... Maybe Heckrans with scaled up stats? They love water I know that much.