Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336833 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2970 on: February 15, 2011, 08:16:59 pm »
Does anyone else think cats in a Greece town is one of the most beautiful views in the world?
http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/photos/greece/cats.html

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: February 16, 2011, 07:09:08 am »
I had forgotten just how profoundly beautiful the Cross soundtrack is.  I am listening to my favourite tracks right now and it is sending shivers down my spine.  Mitsuda, you are a genius...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: February 16, 2011, 07:17:13 am »
How true. It is an outstandingly brilliant soundtrack, and would be almost impossible to overrate. The Terminas, Predicament, Cleft Dimension, and on and on...what beauty!

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: February 16, 2011, 07:20:56 am »
"Girl Who Stole The Stars" makes me cry almost every time I hear it.  Ahhhh that scene just pulls at my heartstrings.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: February 16, 2011, 03:11:33 pm »
Yeaaa the CC soundtrack is pretty damn serious business.  Voyage!  I forget which one...when I movies synched Gladiator it was all game music, probably 35% CC. 

Whenever I hear this song I feel like it needs to be in Arni somewhere.
Andy Mckee:  All Laid Back And Stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYFYL5m3118

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #2975 on: February 16, 2011, 03:41:54 pm »
"Girl Who Stole The Stars" makes me cry almost every time I hear it.  Ahhhh that scene just pulls at my heartstrings.

"Prisoners of Fate" do this for me too, beautiful music...

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: February 16, 2011, 06:26:43 pm »
"At the Shore of Dreams" tears me up. Yet it also seems out of place, like it was intended for something greater than an overworld map.

Whenever I hear this song I feel like it needs to be in Arni somewhere.
Andy Mckee:  All Laid Back And Stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYFYL5m3118

Ah, that is nice.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: February 17, 2011, 12:47:12 am »
"At the Shore of Dreams" tears me up. Yet it also seems out of place, like it was intended for something greater than an overworld map.

It's the main theme of Radical Dreamers. As for its limited use in CC, I can only imagine that the development team got a little in over its head, or else ran out of production time Xenogears-style.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: February 17, 2011, 05:52:43 am »
"Prisoners of Fate" do this for me too, beautiful music...

Oh, I agree...such a beautiful song.  I almost lost it at that scene.

Absolutely.  I would stop walking just so I could listen to the song.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:56:09 am by Sajainta »

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #2979 on: February 17, 2011, 03:18:40 pm »
Let us not forget Scars Left by Time, that song is the reason I gave Chrono Cross a second chance back when I was one of it's detractors, it was too beautiful to ignore it. I don't know much about music, but that part in which the percussions stop gets me so emotional.  The song makes me feel nostalgic somehow...

:D Also, here an awesome version of Prisoners of Fate (from 0:05-3:45) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSKtZf-CUYU

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: February 17, 2011, 07:37:07 pm »
It's the main theme of Radical Dreamers. As for its limited use in CC, I can only imagine that the development team got a little in over its head, or else ran out of production time Xenogears-style.

Ah, that would explain a lot. And I played Radical Dreamers too! How could I not know? :o

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: February 17, 2011, 08:12:04 pm »
The first moment RD really caught me was when I heard the Frozen Flame theme, if the opening scene not counting.
At that time I still hadn't realized the 'Summer Days' sounded so similar to CC's overworld map theme (I hadn't played CC at that time, just heard some music).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:16:06 pm by utunnels »

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #2982 on: February 20, 2011, 08:45:14 pm »
Before I got CT:DS for Christmas a couple years back, I'd been playing it off and on on emulators since I got my first Internet-computer combo back in '99. I'd also originally played it on the SNES back when I was 6 or 7, but that's too long ago to remember and I was too flighty to care about such things. So when I did get it for my DS, and started playing, the first real track I was hit with was Peaceful Days, the 1000 AD Guardia theme. The sound was simply something you can't reproduce on an emulator, and the music was absolutely beautiful that manly tears of awesome welled up in my eyes. I'm so, so glad they waited to port it to the DS rather than the GBA, for this reason.

Whoever's idea it was to put the music box in the extra's galleries gets my undying gratitude. Same with the FF6 port.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: February 21, 2011, 12:43:27 am »
The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Need I say more?

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #2984 on: February 22, 2011, 12:20:08 am »
Today I found the gallery of an artist called moosekleenex at deviantart. It gets me so inspired. All the compositions, the style, the intriguing character design, the concepts (which are both meaningful and disturbing at times), the technics used (many of the black and white pictures are done with sharpie  :shock: I wish i could draw like that!)... aaah, I'm loving this artist so much.... I faved tons of her stuff  :D