Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336810 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2205 on: January 08, 2010, 05:34:12 pm »
Looks like an albino version of a Cardassian taspa egg!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: January 08, 2010, 05:34:49 pm »
People have trouble with a 12 egg omelets? Damn I normally have two 3 or 4 egg omelets with some toast, melon, hashbrowns, and the must have apple juice.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 08, 2010, 05:38:37 pm »
I had an omelet today!  It was delicious.  Tomatoes, onions, green peppers and lots of cheese and black pepper.  Yum!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2208 on: January 08, 2010, 06:51:55 pm »
Yeah, that's the one. They give you paper and crayons while you're waiting for your food, and they put everyone's drawings on the wall. I don't know how long they stay up, though.
I'm half tempted to attempt that challenge, but I have trouble just with mom's two-egg omelets, though they are more cheese than egg.

I used to go there with some frequency. It's fun. Once "Bohemian Rhapsody" came on the jukebox, and everyone in the restaurant stopped what they were doing to sing along.

Also, I split an omelet for lunch today. But I was still hungry.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: January 09, 2010, 04:18:40 am »
(laughing at new smiley pic)

Here's the egg on my lap next to a quarter!!!  On a sad note, That Guy and Hen Solo have found new homes a little bit north of here.  They'll be happy.  That Guy and his antice will be missed.  Hen Solo not so much.  Can't win em all

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: January 09, 2010, 09:15:33 am »
(laughing at new smiley pic)

Here's the egg on my lap next to a quarter!!!  On a sad note, That Guy and Hen Solo have found new homes a little bit north of here.  They'll be happy.  That Guy and his antice will be missed.  Hen Solo not so much.  Can't win em all

Haha I got some eggs just like that sitting in the fridge same color and junk. I got a friend that is really into this whole living off the land and shit deal and he gave me some to try. They taste weird to me. Made some deviled eggs with some and ended up tossing them because they tasted different.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: January 12, 2010, 07:47:40 pm »
I think it's awesome that Wil Wheaton has made a name for himself outside Star Trek, as the Patron Saint of Geeks. I don't know if he knows it, but he's fulfilling a time-honored tradition born out of human need: He's become the popular embodiment of a young, ascendant generation finding its voice. He can be a little dramatic at times, and occasionally the language and the ethos wear thin, but whenever those things happen I just step away for a few weeks. He's always there when I come back, a Beacon of Wheaton.

The popular Internet is new. Humanity is interacting in ways never before possible. Not many generations can say that. Wil is one of many who have found their home here. It's so natural for him, and he's such a decent fellow, that it's simply a matter of course for him to become this unifying, motivating symbol in our movement.

Our generation--which, curiously, excludes most of you reading this--has a healthy sense of perspective. Dominated by geeks who have become the admirals of cyberspace, we all implicitly understand that we were never "cool" by the old standards. But we grew up nevertheless, found our place in the real world and built a totally new world on top of it. Many of us have realized, at some point or another, that "cool" is great, but, like a first crush, probably wouldn't have been all it was cracked up to be. I imagine that to have been a humbling and enlightening experience for many.

The next generation--that's most of you--will probably be more assertive, and aggressive. You'll achieve it on the backs of the social tolerance and integration we're building today. (Or maybe you'll be a washed up generation of pill-popping ADHDers who can't lure yourselves away from the iPhone long enough to calculate 2 and 2 the old-fashioned way, in which case it'll be the legacy of the generation after yours to reintroduce high ambition to the world.)

In all of this, I like my own position. As the ambitious, aggressive type who is nevertheless a geek and who grew up in this fantastically welcoming climate, I feel like I have the best of both worlds: My own people are building up the nation's spirits, and behind them is a horde of hungry achievers who will need strong Imperial leadership.

The same thing happened to me with my book. Harry Potter came along and created a generation of people who, by the time my book comes out, are going to be ready for the Real Thing. What timing!

Edit: Removed accidental reference.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:11:29 pm by Lord J Esq »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2212 on: January 12, 2010, 09:05:38 pm »
I always prefered to think of Wil Wheaton as the gangly kid from Stand By Me who told off a teenage punk Keifer Sutherland rather than the bane of an otherwise exceptional cast of Trek characters...Anyways, did you see him when he did a guest star as himself on Big Bang Theory (yes, I watch that)...?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: January 12, 2010, 09:11:36 pm »
I didn't! I phail at TV, seeing as how mine isn't hooked up to anything except the electrical outlet.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: January 13, 2010, 02:13:56 am »
Shameless plug time:  apparently the epsidoe of 1000 Ways To Die that I was in airs tomorrow night at 10pm on everyone's fave, Spiketv.  Filmed in July, I have no clue what to expect.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: January 13, 2010, 03:38:45 am »
Dude, Shee, can you Tivo that and upload it to Youtube, somehow? How big was the role?

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: January 13, 2010, 04:21:22 am »
Doubt that I can legally do that, but ya never know down the road.  The scene was a half day shoot and it was just me and one other guy.  It was strange...seemed to be organized well but then a general lack of direction, if that makes any sense.  Excited nevertheless.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: January 13, 2010, 11:35:39 am »
Humanity is interacting in ways never before possible. Not many generations can say that.

Last time something like this happened in history it was the end of a historical epoch. It was a warm summer’s night in Mainz and Johannes Guttenberg was in his workshop, looking over the day’s product. As the ink dried from the printing press's first run the Middle Ages, which had been the constant guest of Europe since Rome collapsed almost a millennia before, quietly left to make room for the Modern Period.

Ours is the generation of the new Descartes and Lockes, the new DaVincis and Keplars! Each post we type will echo throughout human history, each thought we think will change the course of time's river. Landing on the Moon was a nice parlor trick when compared to this!

Our glory will blind the sun.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: January 13, 2010, 12:12:55 pm »
Well said! But I have to ask: Did you drink ZeaLitY's tap water? =P

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: January 13, 2010, 01:19:23 pm »
Hmm... maybe. We do both live in Texas, after all. But the lack of anime pictures implies that such is unlikely. I just get excited about history (and thus think we are in what will be an exciting historical period).

Though if random pictures would help set the mood...

Let's rip history a new one!I have no idea what that means.