Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336636 times)

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1965 on: November 22, 2009, 04:56:51 am »
Geodude. Ah, nostalgia.

Geodude. Ah, Defense EVs =D

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 22, 2009, 10:04:13 am »
Around 6:15 pm the sky was a very dark purple, and the sliver of the moon rested beautifully against the purple backdrop.  I wish I had my camera with me, but it was breathtaking all the same.
paint it.
raspie is a good dog. last night he curled up on my feet because i lost my slippers. :D

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 22, 2009, 12:53:37 pm »
Geodude. Ah, Defense EVs =D

Who needs Defense when you have a maxed Attack Gyarados? :D

Also, I love Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Awesome anime.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1968 on: November 22, 2009, 02:56:46 pm »
Who needs Geodude or Gyarados when you've got a team full of Mewtwos? Ah, nostalgia...
I think Mewtwo's the best Pokemon ever. He's got the best design and story! Such graceful curves and sharp angles, such expression.. No matter how many Legendaries Nintendo adds, they'll never be able to outdo Mewtwo.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 22, 2009, 03:48:57 pm »
I don't know about that. I was chatting with my sister recently, and I suggested to her that I could make it big by getting in on the ground floor of Mewfour. Little did I know that that had already been thought of. We spent the next half-hour going up and up. Every time, it was the same: thousands of results on The Googles for PolyMews, including Mewtwelve, Mewsixtyone, Mewonemillion...I don't even remember how high we'd gotten before giving up.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 22, 2009, 05:17:29 pm »
While powerful pokemon are all well and good, geodude was a faithful companion back in the days of Pokemon Red (and blue, but mostly red). Charmander, Geodude, Nidoran male and female, Abra, and Dratini (and evolutions) were my team of choice in my first play through. Sure, it was an underpowered, unbalanced team but... I really liked each creatures concept. Still do. They were fun.

Not like nowadays. You kids and yer gosh dern math! Why, back in my day we didn't have math in our video games (except the learning ones). We had vague, indecipherable statistics that had no real influence on gameplay, and that's the way we likest it!

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 22, 2009, 05:22:14 pm »

And let me guess...

You walked 30 miles in the snow to school and walked home uphill both ways while still managing to get work done at a textile mill for 2 cents an hour.

Yeah, I got the whole "back in the day" bit down.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 22, 2009, 05:43:15 pm »
No, actually, we did not walk anywhere, on account of feet having not been invented yet. We crawled through the snow, which was also on fire and full of sundry sharp pointy objects.

Now you might wonder, why didn't we walk on our hands? We had hands back then, but we lacked arms with which to attach them to our bodies. They were just random organs you'd keep in a special drawer back home, along with twist ties and horse crap (which was used in place of glue, seeing as that was the rich man's opium back in the day and not cheaply come by)

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 22, 2009, 05:49:53 pm »

Is that so?

Well, we poured salt on snails to pass the time, except we didn't have shakers.  We have to go break off a chunk of it from the salt blocks meant for the horses, but we always forgot to bring a chisel and hammer to do the job (which explains the horse crap and twist ties in the drawer, respectively).  So instead, we used a nearby rock to break off a piece, then he vigorously grinded it down to a fine powder.

By that time, the snails would've moved on, and we'd be bored once again.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 22, 2009, 05:55:09 pm »
dont forget the bear! we would crawl through that flaming pointy snow for thirty miles uphill while being chased by bears!

in all seriousness, mewtwo is pretty awesome. of the new pokemon i have to say that gardevoir and lucario are my new favorites. i do miss the days of no math involved in my pokemon. when a pidgey attacks you should not consider what its special points are but whether or not it has angered you. if it angered you, you kill it. if not, you leave it.
its that simple.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 22, 2009, 06:04:25 pm »
I love a few things right now.

-  Packages!  It feels like Christmas morning when I get a package in the mail.

-  Camels!  The said package contained a camel Beanie Baby from a good friend.  <3 <3 <3 !!!!

-  My dreams (sometimes).  Last night I dreamt that J had published a book, and had quoted Faust in it quite a few times regarding birth pods.  Faust's real name is, apparently, DeLeo Lizzick.

Faust--let me know if that is your real name, because then I will immediately drop out of college and become a full-time psychic.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: November 22, 2009, 06:29:06 pm »
That tickles me.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 22, 2009, 08:37:32 pm »
Quote from: Sajainta
Faust's real name is, apparently, DeLeo Lizzick.

Faust--let me know if that is your real name, because then I will immediately drop out of college and become a full-time psychic.
The pertinent question is not whether that is my real-world name currently, but whether I will get a legal name change in the near future just because that name is so kickass.

I love how it totally eschews all customs I'm aware of, by virtue of the first name sounding like a last name, and the last name sounding like "lizard," and yet being kind of respectable. I bow to your name-creation skills!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 23, 2009, 05:52:17 am »
The pertinent question is not whether that is my real-world name currently, but whether I will get a legal name change in the near future just because that name is so kickass.

I love how it totally eschews all customs I'm aware of, by virtue of the first name sounding like a last name, and the last name sounding like "lizard," and yet being kind of respectable. I bow to your name-creation skills!

I thought it was pretty sweet myself.  8)  Glad you agree.

And don'tcha love how I dreamt of you and your birth pods?  You've infiltrated my dreams!  Damn you!

Also...

I'm putting this picture here 'cuz I don't know where else to put it.  But let's just say it's because I love my desk area.  Because I do love my desk area.  <3

How Sajainta pulls an all-nighter to write a paper.

(And yes, that's totally the Compendium website I'm on.)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 23, 2009, 11:41:23 am »
I like that little snowpoke!

Is that drawing next to your computer a picture of Arni Village?