Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 489665 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6060 on: July 26, 2011, 11:09:21 pm »
What I do when I get frustrated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRgnnXgj-I0

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: July 27, 2011, 03:00:41 pm »
SO CLOSE
[youtube]RalDsFionzU[/youtube]

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6062 on: July 27, 2011, 05:22:55 pm »
Okay, I took on breathing, rested well, drank electrolytes, ran in circles, and even arm-wrestled a tree for good measure (....owww, that bugger is STRONG!) thus I feel better today! :D Now to someone whom I owe an answer.

@Syna: Sorry if my previous post made no sense to you. My mind may have been veiled back then, but I took the time to ponder your question and realized that you never asked about deliverance superiority, rather deliverance of specificity. I came up with one thing that currently only Religion plays to its full power and in turn affects the psyche of the world with it, and a powerful psychology at its best: 'Tis a Belief System:)

(Note to everyone else: I don't mean to offend anyone, but please don't say things like 'Belief System is pathetic', because honestly, coming from us of all people would make the statement more so.)

I could go on about the good things and shortcomings of Religion as a major belief system, why it is essential in the society, what also makes it dangerous in a way and how it can be improved. But right now I'm more interested in knowing your perception of the case. What do you make of what I've said here? Also, what am I missing, if any, pertaining to the roles that only Religion is capable of playing strongly and not culture?

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: July 27, 2011, 09:42:22 pm »
Hey tush -- what you said made sense, actually, and your contrasts with Western perspectives was quite fascinating, though your not-as-sick-addled thoughts are interesting, too. :D I'm in the throes of a work project and haven't had time to respond to things as they deserve, in general (there are a few other posts in the backburner too!). But I will get to it!

I've been learning about Indian philosophical methodology on my own for a bit, now -- not very in-depth, just listening to lectures and such -- so the discussion is especially timely. (And props for knowing about Theistic Satanism. I find Diane Vere too literalistic -- I prefer the Temple of Set generally speaking :D -- but she's certainly intriguing in that fringe kinda way.)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6064 on: July 29, 2011, 07:44:38 am »
No probs! :D Take your time. The Indian Philosophy is deep and not even the most determined Theologists of capable of grasping, but if my stay at Bengal and Maharashtra has taught me anything Hinduism is simplicity itself.

Hehe, glad to know I'm not the only one to read into Satanism, both Theistic and Atheistic/LaVeyan. What's disturbing is how these cults are misunderstood; true there are some few bizarre ones, but most Satanic cults are formed by self-respecting individuals congregating, building upon intriguing philosophies (I like the Luciferian one best) and shaping their future.

Ah, the Temple of Set! I need to read up more on that. Thanks!  :)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: July 30, 2011, 07:44:59 pm »
Guildenstern is dead. Oh the irony.

I have four fish (three which are currently alive). Also a dog. The dog I have no problem with, I've had him about a year and he's great. But my fish keep dying! Not all of them, mind you, but one or two at a time. The only constant is the Black Skirt Tetra that is supposed to be a community fish but he's aggressive as hell. He ate the fins off of Guildenstern while I was out of town for...wait for it... ONE DAY.  :x

If you're curious, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are (and were) Dalmation Mollys (Mollies?) that I got to replace two Fancy Guppies named Siegfried and Roy (cause they were fancy) that were killed by an unknown (until now) force. The Black Skirt Tetra's name is Machiavelli, and I have a Red Mickey Mouse Platy (which is a weird name for a fish anyway) named Godot, cause he looks like he's just waiting around, he hides in the fake plants.

Machiavelli turned out to be a real dick of a fish. You might even call him a fish-stick. Thank you, South Park. If one more fish dies, he's gonna get a betta roommate, and he's gonna hate it.  :twisted:

My dog's name is Wheezy. Saying it is easy. My fish get more elaborate names because I don't get to use them very often and can be creative with them.  :wink:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: July 30, 2011, 08:58:09 pm »
Any life lived under the name Guildenstern must be glorious, even if cut short. Alas, Machiavelli must have been jealous of Guildenstern's awesomeness, and decided the end justified the means.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: July 30, 2011, 09:07:00 pm »
I think I have quite a penchant for naming things. ;-)

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: July 30, 2011, 10:37:37 pm »
Ugh... just got back from puking my brains out. We had steak for dinner, and for one reason or another it didn't sit well.

Shee, you should do what one of my neighbors did. They took the fish out of the water and tried to teach it to be a good fish. She would say 'Fishie in the water, fishie out of the water! If you stay a bad fish, you'll stay out of the water!'

... then again that neighbor was insane.

... and got locked up in an insane place.

... on second thought don't do that.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6069 on: July 31, 2011, 08:21:23 am »
*evil grin* Fishy needs to go on Shutter Island:twisted:

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: July 31, 2011, 04:15:58 pm »
Ugh... just got back from puking my brains out. We had steak for dinner, and for one reason or another it didn't sit well.

Shee, you should do what one of my neighbors did. They took the fish out of the water and tried to teach it to be a good fish. She would say 'Fishie in the water, fishie out of the water! If you stay a bad fish, you'll stay out of the water!'

Shee? I'm not him! Haha.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: July 31, 2011, 10:39:46 pm »
Mr Bekkler Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are truly phenomenal names for fish. That was a wonderfully bloodsoaked story.

Now I want an aquarium full of hostile fish just so I can name them after various philosophers and/or historical figures and SEE WHO SURVIVES!

Tush, I'll look forward to the discussion!

Hehe, glad to know I'm not the only one to read into Satanism, both Theistic and Atheistic/LaVeyan. What's disturbing is how these cults are misunderstood; true there are some few bizarre ones, but most Satanic cults are formed by self-respecting individuals congregating, building upon intriguing philosophies (I like the Luciferian one best) and shaping their future.

Absolutely, though I personally hold the opinion that LaVey, at least, deserved a lot of it. He knowingly used shock tactics, which are legitimate and can be used adeptly, but are nonetheless, well, shocking; and from what I heard eventually completely sold out (basically charging money for initiations and that sort of embarrassing nonsense, which is why the Temple of Set formed a new organization).

Regardless, of course, the recurrence of "Satanic panics" is profoundly disturbing. And in theory Satanists are carrying on the tradition of the Promethean Aspiration, in the spirit of the Romantics, which I can't help but support. I've really enjoyed the company of the couple Satanists I've met.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: July 31, 2011, 11:57:29 pm »
Well I thought the server was down yesterday.
I tried a proxy server and found the site was going normally. So I guess my ISP blacklisted some foreign IPs, again.

:picardno

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: August 01, 2011, 04:32:36 am »

Shee? I'm not him! Haha.

Glad I wasn't the only who caught that.  Initial reaction was "But...I have no fish..."

Best of luck with ze feesh.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: August 01, 2011, 05:44:32 am »

Shee? I'm not him! Haha.

Glad I wasn't the only who caught that.  Initial reaction was "But...I have no fish..."

Best of luck with ze feesh.
I... forget... sometimes... I'm sorry.

On a different note! I fear that I have a bugbite... in my ear.