Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484795 times)

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2115 on: February 20, 2009, 07:52:00 pm »
Yeah... My fault. I wasn't actually supposed to be on at the time. Well, crap.Even though it really was a spelling mistake, I was being a hypocrite, WHICH I DESPISE WITH A PASSION. I HATE FREAKING HYPOCRITES SO BADLY. I really, really hate people who tell others to do things they don't do themselves. Like today, in the broadcasting club, there's this really bossy kid. She demanded that no one ate in the room, and guess what? She opened her lunch box and started to eat breakfast. I responded by being as defiant as possible to her, who is our self-imposed boss.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: February 20, 2009, 08:20:26 pm »
My sister was once part of a group in high school that wandered around their school with markers. They corrected every grammar mistake they saw.

Royal Win.

I envision this ruthless pack of cutthroat, jackboot grammar fascists strutting down the hallways with their Shelby knots and red markers.

Brownshirt: You there, did you dangle this modifier in the poster for the school dance?

Bystander: I...um...I don't know.

Brownshirt: Perhaps that's because dangling modifiers cause confusion in the meaning of a statement. You do sound confused.

Bystander: Look, I don't want any trouble. I'll fix the poster!

Brownshirt: You'll fix all the posters, you little anarchist, and then you will reimburse the ASB for your reckless squandering of school funds. Understood?

Bystander: Your crazy!

Brownshirt: WHAT did you just say?

Bystander: I said you're crazy.

Brownshirt: Don't fuck around with me, little boy. You think you can disrupt law and order, do you? Is this turtle yours?

Bystander: That's Wally, the class pet.

Brownshirt: Your class?

Bystander: Yes.

Brownshirt: *shoots the turtle*

Bystander: No! Wally!

Brownshirt: Oh, I'm sorry. In all the confusion, it looks like someone's gun accidentally discharged. I think you'd better go correct those posters before we have any other misunderstandings. Am I understood?

Bystander: Yes sir...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2117 on: February 20, 2009, 08:27:00 pm »
This is why we miss J.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2118 on: February 20, 2009, 08:28:52 pm »
I just hate it when people who are trying to make me look stupid us terrible grammer. It's quite funny, however.

Use. Grammar.

:picardno

It is grammatically improper to use incomplete sentences.

Besides which, "us" is really more of a spelling mistake than a grammatical mistake.

I was correcting spelling mistakes. Had I done so in grammatically correct fashion, well, that would put a damper on the conversation.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: February 20, 2009, 09:23:13 pm »
Many a time I have edited a post to fix a spelling error or typo. The older ones (i.e., the first posts I made in 2007) don't count.

Poor Wally!

Still don't know if Yahoo! hates me or not. I resent the thing, but now I need to find a file hosting site to host it that isn't school blocked or a proxy to work around that.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: February 20, 2009, 10:16:38 pm »
You realize that when you use some else's wireless internet, they can easily see all your IMs, e-mails, and HTTP traffic, right? It's just as easy to filter for passwords and usernames, then build a list of what you commonly used to try on the encrypted sites you visit like banking sites and what not.

Yeah, but it was a cost/benefit sort of thing. I was majorly strapped for cash for awhile there and getting in debt, so now that I have a really well paying job I can afford the internet. I never accessed banking sites from this computer and I don't use IMs, so I'm probably alright there too (hopefully).

Unrelated, but this story is kind of funny. Today I saw a nearly 200 pound mastiff dog that stood about 6 feet tall on his hind legs. He was left there for the day, and he was so big that he couldn't fit in a kennel, so I had to give him an entire exam room by himself until we could vaccinate him. Well, his head was about the height of the handle of the door, and before long he figured out how to open the door with his mouth. So suddenly he gets out and starts wandering around the clinic. This confused me and I thought someone let him out, so I put him back in the room. Then I saw him do it again. He would open the door to the room, and then wander into other rooms by opening those doors too. We couldn't have him doing this all day, so we tried to barricade the door with a 50 pound box and a heavy trash can on top of that. He still managed to open the door and push it all out of the way.

He gave up eventually and slept in there for the rest of the day, probably after figuring out that he would just end up back in the room even if he got out.

...And for some reason when I read Lord J's little skit there my mind immediately conjured up the image of the punk kids from A Clockwork Orange harrassing innocent people, and I consequently read those lines in a British accent. Which I think made them better. Almost everything is made better with a British accent. Almost. You could be selling the biggest piece of shit product on the planet, but if someone British is selling it - it sounds more official.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 02:53:59 am by chrono eric »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: February 20, 2009, 11:57:21 pm »
Oh Lord J, you slay me :lol:

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: February 21, 2009, 10:07:04 pm »
I got the flu. I think. I woke up this morning feeling insanely hot. I went into my mom's room and told her that I had a cough, so she told me to take medicine and drink juice. Medicine is a last resort for me, so I just went back to bed, hoping to sleep.

And then the nausea started.

My mom said I had a fever and it was probably the flu. So I got a slice of bread and a thing of water and went back to bed. Later, I woke up with horrible aches. I was essentially bedridden the whole day. But praise the lord, we have Dayquil. That helped with the fever and the aches. I eventually stopped with the bread and earlier, I had meat! And I didn't go boom!

But I still feel like crap.

And that's my frustration for the day.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: February 22, 2009, 03:05:29 am »
Fever, cough, aches, nausea?  Sounds like a ringer for the flu to me.

My frustration.  I have a zit, in my damn nostril!!!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2124 on: February 22, 2009, 03:44:30 am »
Those are the worst kind, Fou.

Today's frustrations are my dogs.
Went out to a friend's house for the day. Came back, and my mom had two new pet rats in my brother's bedroom. One of the rats escaped their cage and hid under a dresser. It took four people and half an hour to get him back out again. And after that, the dogs have been whining and barking and clawing at the door, nonstop. Rosie's just excited and copying Penny, but I'm pretty sure Penny wants to eat those rats.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: February 22, 2009, 05:14:10 am »
Smashed heads with someone in a mosh pit tonight.

Head hurts like a bitch.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: February 22, 2009, 05:25:53 am »
Smashed heads with someone in a mosh pit tonight.

Head hurts like a bitch.
What a great metaphor for life!

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: February 22, 2009, 10:18:15 am »
Good news and bad news. The good news is that most of my symptoms for the flu (headache, nausea, aches, seriously sleepy but can't sleep when you need to) are gone. Yay! The bad news is that the other symptoms (cough, sore throat) have gotten worse, if anything. I took some medicine, but it only helped for about five minutes.

Maybe it's my hypochondriac self speaking, but I think I might have something even more fun than the flu.

Maybe strep.

I dunno.

That's my frustration, but here's another worry. You see, there's this fun snow system moving our way today. Fitchburg is supposed to get 3-6'' of snow. And since it never snows on a Sunday, my inner school radar is telling me that I probably won't have school Monday. Now that's fine and dandy, but when you're sick... what's the point? If I'm still sick tomorrow, I'm staying home. Because my mom is that awesome. If there's no school, I'm not going to school. But what's the point of not going to school because you're sick when there is no school to not go to?

And when you're sick, you don't have to make it up in June!

EDIT: Being the paranoid little girl I am, I checked my symptoms with WebMD. The second thing that came up was strep.

Joy and rapture.

I'm having my mom take me to a doctor tomorrow. Or today.

... maybe they can fix my lack of typing ability as well...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:39:50 pm by teaflower »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: February 22, 2009, 04:27:16 pm »
Made the mistake of driving through Hollywood today.......Oscars had taken over!  So my 15 minute round trip took over an hour.....LAME.

I gotta start paying more attention to my calender...

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: February 22, 2009, 04:39:38 pm »
You're a silly billy, Shee.

Good news and bad news! The good news is that it probably isn't strep. My mom looked and my throat doesn't have the white/yellow blotches on the back. Yay. The bad news is that it hurts to let anything pass through my throat. That means I can't burp without it hurting nor can I drink anything without it hurting. The medicine I've been taking helps, but it's a pain to take (throat sprays suck ass man), it washes away with water (the only other thing that helps), and I've probably already taken too much.

And my throat still hurts like hell.