Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 485013 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5670 on: April 03, 2011, 10:38:12 am »
Thanks, guys. She's actually got a tumor, but thankfully at a very early stage so there's a good chance she'll be fine. Good news on one part though: father didn't take aunt's advise, and instead took mom to a hospital they trust most (funny enough, the doctor is a Sindhi, the same rare caste as us). So now all I have to worry about is hoping the surgery goes well and visiting her from time to time (taking a couple of days off just for that).

But even so, it almost feels like the presence of death is close; while at the street I noticed one of our old customers talking desperately on their phone while a girl screamed "Mummy" constantly in a Rickshaw, which was summoned to rush them to the hospital. Apparently the girl's mother had a stroke; hope they make it in time. First mom, then a friend's mother's cousin, and now this. What the hell is goin on?  :shock:

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: April 03, 2011, 12:03:30 pm »
Maybe you have worried too much.
Sometimes the chance to the bad result is not as big as you think. My mother had an intestinal tumor surgery several years ago and she's now as healthy as before. But yeah, finding a right hospital and a trustful doctor is the most important thing.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5672 on: April 03, 2011, 12:14:01 pm »
I hope everything goes well, tushantin. Stay strong!

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5673 on: April 03, 2011, 03:25:30 pm »
I agree with utunnels, you're probably too worried. I'm happy the problem with your aunt turned out well and your mom could go to a hospital in which she would be more comfortable. I hope all will be okey.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: April 03, 2011, 10:13:05 pm »
Licawolf, my dad's family lives in Mexico and they are in the same situation. The drug cartels are getting really frightening-- they refuse to let us go down and visit them, even. I am so sorry. From this vantage point, I just hope things can get better down there, somehow or another..

tushantin, it's very hard not to get utterly freaked out when something happens to your parents. Best to your mom -- it sounds like she'll be okay.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 10:16:02 pm by Syna »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: April 04, 2011, 01:44:13 am »
Good luck tushantin!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5676 on: April 04, 2011, 05:03:24 am »
Thanks, Romana.

Yeah, I see what you mean, utunnels. Got a call from dad, who said the operation was a success. Mom's still unconscious, so he can't leave her yet. Which means me and my bro are men of the house.

Warning, family issue (Read only if you like a good drama): Biggest frustration today: my brother. We haven't much money to buy stuff and I'm careful about spending (while my brother gets cranky if he can't have a burger and is used to spending money at stuff). On top of that, we don't know how to cook. He refuses to take even the slightest temporary responsibility until our parents get home, and what's worse, he HATES me for being mature! He thinks I sound lame! I merely told him that even I don't like the circumstances but we'd have to cope up with a calm mind, he told me I sound like an old man, tossed a chair at me, banged the desk in fury and stormed out of the house!  :o

I ask you. Can't a person feel even a bit concerned about his situation and work on it? Apparently he likes escaping to his rich friends. I don't wish any ill towards my parents, but I do wholeheartedly wish my brother to face reality and learn his place. That's when he'd know the value of money and maintaining one's life.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: April 04, 2011, 05:14:19 am »
Biggest frustration today: my brother. We haven't much money to buy stuff and I'm careful about spending (while my brother gets cranky if he can't have a burger and is used to spending money at stuff). On top of that, we don't know how to cook. He refuses to take even the slightest temporary responsibility until our parents get home, and what's worse, he HATES me for being mature! He thinks I sound lame! I merely told him that even I don't like the circumstances but we'd have to cope up with a calm mind, he told me I sound like an old man, tossed a chair at me, banged the desk in fury and stormed out of the house!  :o

I ask you. Can't a person feel even a bit concerned about his situation and work on it? Apparently he likes escaping to his rich friends. I don't wish any ill towards my parents, but I do wholeheartedly wish my brother to face reality and learn his place. That's when he'd know the value of money and maintaining one's life.

I think the Compendium would be delighted to pass some recipes and general cooking advice along to you. Certainly, I would. If you'd like to post a new thread about some of your dietary preferences (foodstuffs, etc.) and your available cookware, perhaps we could help you save a few dollars! (Rupees?)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5678 on: April 04, 2011, 05:33:54 am »
I think the Compendium would be delighted to pass some recipes and general cooking advice along to you. Certainly, I would. If you'd like to post a new thread about some of your dietary preferences (foodstuffs, etc.) and your available cookware, perhaps we could help you save a few dollars! (Rupees?)
Thanks!  :D Simple cooking advice would be great! Though I sorta fear touching the stove. Couldn't accept the money, though; I don't have a bank account to be able to receive any. Plus, I have a thing against borrowing (no offense, it's just my values).

Hah! Just got a call from mom. She... seemed to be in serious pain.  :( Anywhos, I'm on my way to the hospital to meet her. Thank you, everyone! I'm grateful for your condolences and concern.  :)

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: April 04, 2011, 03:11:59 pm »
So here I am, sitting in one of my classes, idly examining my fingers... when I notice that my left pinky nail is split down the middle. The split ends at about halfway to the cuticle. I stared at it for a while, then started halfheartedly picking at it. Next thing I know, I'm down half a fingernail.

Frustration: My left pinky hurts like a bitch.
Frustration: I haven't completely kicked my fingerpicking habits.
Resolution because of this: Coat fingers in tobasco... once the left pinky nail stops hurting.

Edit: CONTINUED FRUSTRATION. As my pinky finger is still paiiiin, it is very very difficult for me to type. This lso means that it's difficult for me to play my favorite games. As I was so frustrated, I took a nap.

It is now 11 PM. I am typically wiped at 10. I am wide awake. I have class tomorrow morning. And in the process of attempting to type this message, I somehow opened some thing about javascript. Stupid bandaged pinky...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:19:21 am by Bard_of_Time »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: April 06, 2011, 03:13:47 am »
LIVEJOURNAL I KEEL YOU.

Why are you always down!?  ><

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: April 06, 2011, 03:17:36 am »
It got DOSed the other day, but it's working right now.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: April 06, 2011, 03:18:48 am »
It's been working on and off for me for the past hour or so.  Hopefully the problem is fixed.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5683 on: April 06, 2011, 06:42:53 am »
Apparently my life is a comical tragedy; grief comes in the most humorous ways possible.

1) As you know, mother is at the hospital and she called asking if my brother had something to eat. Brother insisted that his friend help him out at the kitchen, to which idea mother harshly rejected. Now, just because he didn't manage to convince her to have his friend warm the food, he banged the phone, broke the table, broke my spectacles, badmouthed everyone and left the house, swearing to never come back again.

2) He kept saying, "I worry about mother so much and this is what she does to me!" Wait a second, he worries about mother? And what has he been doing while she was in pain? Drinking beer with his friends? Oh, that's thoughtful!

3) Father kept requesting him to stay, but he outright told him to fuck off, saying that he doesn't care if mother and father die because he isn't their son anymore. By the time got home, he was gone. Father kept wondering that he'd been begging his son not to leave, so why would he leave (oh, nice thinking, Sherlock) and blamed me for it. Funny enough, I was asleep!  :shock: I was taking care of mother all night and came home to sleep, and by the time I woke up I saw my brother arguing with mother on the phone. Scapegoats, anyone?

4) Brother said that his feelings were hurt by the way his mother spoke to him. Also, mom and dad kept apologizing and begging him not to leave. Wait a sec, there's something wrong here: my brother never apologized. He never begged. He always ordered to have things his way, and he's sad because he had his feelings hurt. What about all the times (like, everyday) my brother was the one to hurt everyone else's feelings, especially mom and dad's? Oh wait, according to him, that's off topic.

5) Mother refused to listen to me since the dawn of time, and this resulted in her being a victim of Endometriosis. Dad refused to listen to me, thinking I was an idiot, and this resulted in my brother being an asshole. And now despite the consequences, they still won't believe me. Hehe, it must be so relaxing being a fucktard. No, being a fucktard, you don't need to weigh decisions logically. Oh yes, you get away with anything by blaming someone! :D

6) My uncle, that benevolent uncle from Australia, wants to help my father with money and promised mom would get well, but suddenly, now that my mother is in the hospital and needs the fees, decided not to because he doesn't trust father. That motherfucking son of a cunt. Hilarious! Yes, making trapped, near death, people hopeful by giving them a rope and suddenly dropping the rope like an asshole really makes an awesome April Fool's joke, doesn't it? :lol:

Ah, all this is really inspiring! The stories I can make with these real life events are really touching. Heh, brings tears to my eyes.

EDIT: Furthermore, my father is in great stress. If mother gets the wind about this, the stress might get her killed too. LOL It's like dying by slipping on a banana skin.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:44:24 am by tushantin »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: April 06, 2011, 06:56:14 am »
You are in a very tough place, tush. So are your family members, by the sound of it.

In response to the stresses of my own youth, I did a lot of writing and computer gaming. I'd say that, in the long run, it served me well. Adversity informs artistic creativity. Something will bubble up inside you...when it does, better to let it out through a saxophone or a paintbrush than through a bottle of liquor or a cold closed fist.

That's all I can say. You have my condolences, but condolences don't mean much here.