Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484424 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5610 on: March 02, 2011, 02:10:38 am »
The Dahu is built for climbing. One set of legs shorter. It's a fictional (read: mythical) animal.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Dahu_by_Philippe_Semeria.jpg

That is a very cheering picture.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: March 02, 2011, 03:40:02 am »
D and I are going to a con in May, and I probably won't have enough time to pull together a decent Lucca costume.  -_____-  I'll try my hardest but without 1) money and 2) a lot of time, it most likely won't work out.  Boo to that.  I'd rather go as something else this year than have a crappy, half-assed costume.  If I'm going to be Lucca, I'm going to do it RIGHT.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: March 02, 2011, 04:58:13 am »

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5613 on: March 02, 2011, 02:01:46 pm »
I have been trying to make an appointment via online to get an application for a passport, the system is so godamn slow and it keeps crashing on me! I have been hours trying to do it. Then I try to do the appointment via phone, two of the three lines aren't working and the third one gives me a pre-recorded message proudly announcing that the service is now available on-line thanks to mexican goverment's constant effort to provide services more efficiently :picardno

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: March 02, 2011, 05:29:20 pm »
I'm pretty disheartened, as I sometimes am, that modern writers are just generally not as uniquely, radically badass as Cormac McCarthy. I wish we had more style. And awesomeness.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5615 on: March 03, 2011, 07:22:47 pm »
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/03/03/steve-jobs-reality-distortion-takes-its-toll-on-truth/

Ugh, and I'm already so sick of Apple, from the smug marketing to the prohibitive content and app control.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5616 on: March 04, 2011, 08:58:12 am »
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/03/03/steve-jobs-reality-distortion-takes-its-toll-on-truth/

Ugh, and I'm already so sick of Apple, from the smug marketing to the prohibitive content and app control.
Hah, old news. Product-wise, they're the best. But what's bound to frustrate you is their attitude.

Agreed, if it weren't for iPad's daring approach the world may not have seen a Tablet PC revolution this early, but that does not mean it's the best in market currently (besides it's "easy to use" feel, but as far as that idea goes I think Blackberry Playbook and, it pains me to say, WebOS win the price here). Also, I don't know much of what innovative ideas might be introduced with iPad 2, but those other Honeycomb tablets (also to note, those Playstation capabilities) sure look promising.

I'm surprised nobody got up and said, "You liar!!"

...or did they?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: March 04, 2011, 01:45:32 pm »
Product-wise, they're the best.

I disagree. Apple discourages its experiences to be combined with third-party software or hardware (see iTunes). Its user designs are often sub-optimal (see the infamous one-button mouse, or the Kindle). I'm not an Apple hater or lover, I'm really not interested in that particular conflict, but I don't agree that their products are superior. They are, I think, merely good.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5619 on: March 07, 2011, 06:28:53 am »
 :picardno

They're at it again. There's just no way things can improve here, and I hardly think they'll stop harassing the students. What's worse, I can't believe those people who I'd take a stand for would betray me like this.

I could rant so much about what's happened, but I can't be bothered wasting any mental energy than I have left. Only few days to go to complete the film and some of my team-mates have already failed me.

I swear, if I fail this because of anybody, if any of the hardworking students are failed because of this madness, I'm going to make sure these guys can't do any business and at least 20% of the state's corruption is reduced. I may be an ordinary guy with no money, I may not have power or contacts, but if I'm going down I'm going to show what Springtime of Youth is all about!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: March 08, 2011, 02:33:10 am »
I keep trying to watch Farscape on Netflix and just about every episode is the same reaction from me. It's 50 minutes, I get 30 minutes in and then I just don't care. None of the characters really feels relate-able. There's two puppets, two full-body makeup aliens, one alien who looks like a human, and one human who is allegedly a genius and works for LASA (couldn't get the rights to say NASA?) but makes horrible decisions and even though he's in a wholly different part of space than where he's from, he continually get's weirded out by things that are easy to understand. It's like they intentionally made every character unapproachable.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: March 08, 2011, 03:27:09 am »
I keep trying to watch Farscape on Netflix and just about every episode is the same reaction from me. It's 50 minutes, I get 30 minutes in and then I just don't care. None of the characters really feels relate-able. There's two puppets, two full-body makeup aliens, one alien who looks like a human, and one human who is allegedly a genius and works for LASA (couldn't get the rights to say NASA?) but makes horrible decisions and even though he's in a wholly different part of space than where he's from, he continually get's weirded out by things that are easy to understand. It's like they intentionally made every character unapproachable.

I know what you mean.  D loves Farscape and rented the first and second season from the local library.  I started watching it with him and I just couldn't get into it.  I didn't care for the characters at all and the episodes were far too similar to each other.  D kept saying "Oh, just watch the next episode, it'll get much better!" but it didn't.  The only characters I liked were the tiny robots that ran around the ship.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:28:48 am by Sajainta »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: March 11, 2011, 08:06:39 pm »
So, Republican Bobby Jindal, in 2009 a presidential hopeful, uses his rebuttal to President Obama's first State of the Union Address to mention, among other things, that we should cut funding for volcano monitoring. That speech was so bad that it essentially ended his presidential contention. Then, two months later, we have a massive volcanic eruption in Alaska.

Today, the House Republican budget calls for slashing millions of dollars from the NOAA budget for...what else...tsunami monitoring.

Why don't the American people react to this stuff? Why don't they add two and two? I do not understand why anybody but the lunatic Christian fringe and corrupt business and finance people would ever vote for a Republican.

It's frustrating!

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: March 11, 2011, 08:20:56 pm »
So, Republican Bobby Jindal, in 2009 a presidential hopeful, uses his rebuttal to President Obama's first State of the Union Address to mention, among other things, that we should cut funding for volcano monitoring. That speech was so bad that it essentially ended his presidential contention. Then, two months later, we have a massive volcanic eruption in Alaska.

Today, the House Republican budget calls for slashing millions of dollars from the NOAA budget for...what else...tsunami monitoring.

Why don't the American people react to this stuff? Why don't they add two and two? I do not understand why anybody but the lunatic Christian fringe and corrupt business and finance people would ever vote for a Republican.

It's frustrating!

That Bobby Jindal speech was so creepy. I felt like I was watching Mr. Roger's neighborhood for adults, except with a robot host from the future.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: March 12, 2011, 10:48:40 pm »