Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484424 times)

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1845 on: February 06, 2009, 02:28:59 am »
Back during my senior year I got into an argument with my ex at school, next thing I remember was lying on the floor in another room, shaking violently.

Luckily, it was the classroom of one of the teachers who liked me, so he never told the school what had happened.
Anxiety attack does not = crazy.  It can happen to anyone, and everyone has a breaking point for their stress.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 06, 2009, 03:05:11 am »
Back during my senior year I got into an argument with my ex at school, next thing I remember was lying on the floor in another room, shaking violently.

Luckily, it was the classroom of one of the teachers who liked me, so he never told the school what had happened.
Anxiety attack does not = crazy.  It can happen to anyone, and everyone has a breaking point for their stress.

Problem was, I was throwing shit around as well, screaming, attempting to attack anyone who got in my way apparently.

Yeah, it was kinda scary, even more scary since I don't remember a thing.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 06, 2009, 05:08:06 am »
Damn, dude.

My fucking computer sucks! I have dial up... and where we live we'd be paying near $120 a month for at&t phone service and DSL. My internet kicks me off every 15 minutes and I'm lucky if I can type this message before I get booted. BLEH!!! O___o

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 06, 2009, 11:24:06 am »
Problem was, I was throwing shit around as well, screaming, attempting to attack anyone who got in my way apparently.

Yeah, it was kinda scary, even more scary since I don't remember a thing.

Hmm... This may seem crazy but it's possible that it wasn't you that was doing this. I've had times when I fell asleep in which I instantly skipped over a period of time. Last year, second semester, I fell asleep during the preparation part of my class period, and after a few seconds from my perspective, I woke up to find the class working on homework! I had somehow skipped over the lesson part of the period!

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 06, 2009, 11:41:36 am »
I believe that is called a blackout, not being crazy.   Could be wrong though.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 06, 2009, 12:17:43 pm »
It wasn't a blackout. I know that much. I told a friend of mine about it and she said it probably wasn't me that was sleeping through the lesson.

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 06, 2009, 12:54:09 pm »
I was talking about nightmare's experience.  You obviously fell asleep.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: February 06, 2009, 04:26:39 pm »
I know, but the passage of time was instantaneous, I would have woken up when we started the lesson. I never fall into bedtime sleep in class. Never. Friend said something weird about a second soul housed within me switching out. Reasons were never known, nor was what she said ever confirmed.

Current gripe: This laptop had another Fatal Error. I've been waiting for one so I could get a screenshot of it.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 04:30:10 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 06, 2009, 04:41:40 pm »
Ha. Fail.

God, when I went sort of crazy in fifth grade, it wasn't what happened with nightmare. I don't really remember... but my latest blow up was over a game of chess. I was playing some guy and this dude neither of us knew decided to give him hints and tell me over and over that I was going to lose. I asked him kindly and calmly to stop talking as it was making me anxious, but he kept talking. I wound up just screaming at him. That's the worst it's gotten when there are no tears. When there are tears, it means I'm really upset.

Current gripe is that I clipped my nails too short. Hurts to press the fingers the wrong way.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1854 on: February 06, 2009, 05:10:48 pm »
In english 101, we are being taught how to use a dictionary. This is demeaning, it's like preschool all over again. But in college!
Oh, and I got a B- on my essay because it was one line short of being two and a half pages long, and had one typo.
And for more gripes, I can hardly hear anything or breathe because of this head cold. Today's class is gonna be fuuuun.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 06, 2009, 05:31:32 pm »
This is demeaning, it's like preschool all over again. But in college!

You'd be surprised how many dumbfucks make it into college. And pass. I'll never forget, this kid goes on and on about he is going to be a doctor all semester (this is in a high level biology class by the way - I forget which one, but I think it was Molecular Biology). Later on he gives a presentation about the thyroid gland and genetic markers or something I don't really remember the specifics, but what I do remember is that the dumbfuck DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE THYROID WAS. This kid is a senior in college, pre-med, has taken numerous anatomy and physiology courses and he doesn't know where the thyroid is. He thought it was in the back of the neck at the "base of the brain". I straight up laughed at him, but when this really quiet asian girl corrected him, he gets pissed off and goes - "I think I know where the thyroid is more than you".

Now that is scary. What is also amusing is that the majority of students in that class were pre-med and either planning on becoming human doctors or veterinarians, so his pompous elitist attitude is even more hilarious in light of his apparent lack of basic anatomy knowledge.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 06, 2009, 05:36:32 pm »
Kids in college don't know how to use a dictionary? And I thought it was sad that kids in high school didn't know how to read a clock that doesn't just tell them what time it is. You know, where they have arrows and such? They can't read it. I'm so happy I learned how in second grade.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1857 on: February 06, 2009, 05:40:53 pm »
They actually need to teach people how to use analog clocks in school? That's disturbing.
Then again, I suppose most people didn't have the benefit of video games and books before to teach them how to read and associate symbols before starting school.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 06, 2009, 06:44:18 pm »
Jonny can't write because Jonny dosen't have a fucking pencil!

Schools are in the shitter in this nation...and it starts at the top.

My gripe is my travels yesterday.  Taught my first class, which went pretty well, but the drive home took 3 hours.  For 30 miles.  3 hours.  Lames Bond!  LA traffic plus rain...you woulda thought that Godzilla or some other equally disturbing monster/bad thing was on the loose.  So I went straight to my class and got there RIGHT on time at 7:30.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 06, 2009, 07:21:53 pm »
Why the fuck is it MANDATORY 30 min breaks if you work 7+ hours, so annoying.