Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484424 times)

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1755 on: January 30, 2009, 12:35:22 pm »
I just remembered somthing that Crono's Final spell is jinxed. Whenever I get luminare bad things happen. :?
First time my game boy color got a crack in it.   :x
Secnd time: I broke my ankle,  :shock:
Third time my sister Totaled the car, :picardno
And now I crashed the car taking off thfront bumper :x, damageing the back  :(and the lights still work :shock:, as well as no one else was involved. :)
Dose any one else have somthing similar to this happen to them?

idioticidioms

« Reply #1756 on: January 30, 2009, 12:44:19 pm »
not me, thank god.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 30, 2009, 12:46:12 pm »
O_O...That's really creepy.  And no, nothing like that has happened

My current frustration is Chrono Trigger itself.  WHY WON'T YOU WORK THE WAY I WANT YOU TO WORK D:

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 30, 2009, 12:46:54 pm »
Really? All because of Luminaire?

No, nothing like that has ever happened to me.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 30, 2009, 01:06:08 pm »
I'll try to watch when I get on my comp. My folks might be going out tonight and if they do and they don't take me with, I'll get on and watch. MOTHER 3 in English is a fan's dream, since MOTHER 3 is one of those immortal games.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 30, 2009, 01:21:19 pm »
Am I the only one that doesn't understand why the games so much fun?  I hated the game so much ._.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 30, 2009, 01:24:40 pm »
Am I the only one that doesn't understand why the games so much fun?  I hated the game so much ._.

You're not the only one.

MOTHER 3 SPOILERS!
I found the storyline to be non-redeeming, not to mention a depress fest. I thought the game was nothing like Earthbound.
MOTHER 3 SPOILERS!

idioticidioms

« Reply #1762 on: January 30, 2009, 02:05:01 pm »
How is that a spoiler? you talk about nothing in the game in particular. You just bag on it and say it's not like Earthbound. DUH!, I don't think it was meant to be anything like Earthbound, except for in the style of the graphics and a few other things.

You guys are like those people who hated Lufia: Ruins of Lore just because it didn't have the Sinistrals in it. What? you wanted an exact replica of Earthbound or what? Come on, now, and be realistic. if every sequel was exactly the same as the game before it, adding nothing new, then what would be the point of even making them, except for the new storyline. woop-de-fucking-doo. Personally, from what I played of it, Mother 3 looked like a great game, and I look forward to playing more of it when I can.

I understand that not everyone will like every game, but to dislike it because it's not like a previous game in the series is ridiculous. grow up and broaden your mind a bit.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 30, 2009, 02:08:29 pm »
I agree on that, since I used to think that of Chrono Cross. But now, I give all the games a chance.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #1764 on: January 30, 2009, 04:01:18 pm »
Anyway, that's what you're thinking, I suppose, in that you're not fond of the cumbersome restrictions. What IS it you are taking in college anyway? You say you're trying to better yourself as an artist and writer. Are you taking creative writing or some such thing?
I'm in the Animation and Game Design Program, studying to be a texture artist or 3d modeler. I enjoy writing too, so I figured I might as well polish up my literary skills while I'm here.
Technically I'm a high school student, as I haven't graduated yet, but my college classes count towards high school credit. I plan on finishing my Animation course before graduating from high school. That way I don't have to pay for anything :D
It's refreshing to see that so many people still value the english language and are willing to debate its nuances.

As for the topic of frustrations... people who pay no attention to their language and constantly butcher it are annoying. Especially when they're old enough that they should know better.

Well, you know, if you plan on completing university/college, High School is really redundant. I never finished it, yet I'm a grad student in Classical langauges with an undergrad in engineering, so it hardly matters anymore. And, heh, as I told RD, such things as I was debating don't appear in English. My grammatical training is actually ancient Greek/Latinate in form. That's why I have a strong familiarity with forms of nouns and verbs: to translate, as I often have to do (and even write on occassion) one has to have a strong understanding and familiarity with how the structure works. It's not exactly as English, but you'd be amazed at some of the similarities. However, for structural understanding, it's wonderful: there is so much in those languages that we have lost in English, whether it is the manifold forms of verbs, or the various declensions. Things that exist now only in the difference between 'I' and 'me', in Greek and Latin pervade every word, so simply by saying a noun you know if it's singular or plural, masculine or feminine, or if it's the nominative, genetive, dative, accusative, or ablative. I quite enjoy that all, and most of the time it transfers... so I tend to think 'now, how would this be constructed in Latin?'

Anyway, good luck in the studies. Though my admonishment would be if you intend to write better don't worry about learning it via direct teaching. Far the best teacher of those things is in studying the masters. So read things, and see how it's done. I don't think it can be taught much of any other way. It's an art, and either one has the gift to write well or not. Technical writing, for sure, can be taught, but for the rest that one has to be born with, and is inspired by reading the great works.

Quote from: teaflower
Although form is important, on the paper I wrote on mythology for Latin, I threw in one of my favorite lines and still got an A.

'Oh, this is only the beginning.
Cronus wanted babies.
WITH HIS SISTER.'

I love that line. It's phrased just as I typed it here.

Latin... shouldn't it be Saturn, then?

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 30, 2009, 04:11:09 pm »
I am pissed off that some sites have good ideas but bad design management.   

A recent example is Devinant art.  It's a goldmine for unique fan-art but you only get to view the first page unless you pay wher fan-art central you get all the pages. :picardn       Whoever thought of the former idea has insanity. 

Ever come across weird stuff like that?

BTW:  I hate to bring things like this publicy but Shadow's inbox is full so I can't send any thing to him and I reallly want to bad so can someone contact him somehow?    I am very confused:? :? :?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:15:01 pm by TriforceofEternity »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 30, 2009, 04:31:18 pm »
Sorry, forgot about my PM limit. I just cleaned it out.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 30, 2009, 05:12:31 pm »
I just remembered somthing that Crono's Final spell is jinxed. Whenever I get luminare bad things happen. :?
First time my game boy color got a crack in it.   :x
Secnd time: I broke my ankle,  :shock:
Third time my sister Totaled the car, :picardno
And now I crashed the car taking off thfront bumper :x, damageing the back  :(and the lights still work :shock:, as well as no one else was involved. :)
Dose any one else have somthing similar to this happen to them?

Not me, but two of my friends....every time they are together in a car listening to Weezer...bad things happen.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 30, 2009, 05:32:25 pm »
Sorry to break your bubble but I have NEVER liked the Mother series including Earthbound itself.  I can't stand it at all.  And Lufia: Ruins of Lore is fun.  My save got lost so I quit it, but it was fun while it laster.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 30, 2009, 06:00:40 pm »
Sorry to break your bubble but I have NEVER liked the Mother series including Earthbound itself.  I can't stand it at all.  And Lufia: Ruins of Lore is fun.  My save got lost so I quit it, but it was fun while it laster.

I hate it too, it's just a decent RPG for the SNES, I hate the combat system though. >_>

How is that a spoiler? you talk about nothing in the game in particular. You just bag on it and say it's not like Earthbound. DUH!, I don't think it was meant to be anything like Earthbound, except for in the style of the graphics and a few other things.

You guys are like those people who hated Lufia: Ruins of Lore just because it didn't have the Sinistrals in it. What? you wanted an exact replica of Earthbound or what? Come on, now, and be realistic. if every sequel was exactly the same as the game before it, adding nothing new, then what would be the point of even making them, except for the new storyline. woop-de-fucking-doo. Personally, from what I played of it, Mother 3 looked like a great game, and I look forward to playing more of it when I can.

I understand that not everyone will like every game, but to dislike it because it's not like a previous game in the series is ridiculous. grow up and broaden your mind a bit.

First of, I hate Earthbound's story, it didn't make sense. I hate Mother 3 because by the end, you get no kind of reward, it's just Oh, you beat the game and SPOILER your family is dead SPOILER, thanks for playing!

Earthbound however did things different than other RPG's, like the give your money to dad so you don't lose it, same with items etc.

Lufia I like, so fuck you.

Besides, I would have taken ANYTHING over Mother 3.

FYI, Mother 1, Earthbound Zero, whatever you call it, sucks, as well as Ness and Lucas in Super Smash Brothers.