Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484423 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1635 on: January 25, 2009, 11:11:22 pm »
but I can't rule out the possibility that there's some way fellow Youtube users can flag the videos for audio copyright infringement too.
Yeah, it sucks.
But it's lucky they only disabled the audio.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: January 26, 2009, 12:55:57 am »
I agree.   I recently saw Disney Mania 2 on the site and it isn't flagged.    :picardno

Quote:

I feel the same way. I've been trying to make my posts better, but sometimes my anger gets the better of me. In real life, I'm a little dork with not-so-great grades, a knack for language, and a theater freak. In life, I don't contribute much. I sit, answer questions, and call my teachers on errors. So I try and make up for my shortcomings in real life... here.

Feel free to tell me if I'm annoying and stuff like that. I take criticism slightly better than others.

I sure wish I could give to this community but I am not artistic and am Autistic which is a different "talent" plus reading lots of fanfiction takes my time up.  :lol:       

Redit:   Maybe I can provide links in the appropriate forum to fanfics I think are good if they are Chrono fics?

I still am upset about my PM problem.    I asked a person that had a good post history on if it's all right to post a thread about what you could do if you made Chrono Trigger then after the person responsed I started telling the person about myself in mulitple PM's on the same day cause I don't think of everything at once. 

The person responsed back asking if I had been Shadow plus the person only spoke one-liner sentences which I should've taken the hint.   

I tend to run on instincts rather then logic so I immideatly felt offended and I gave her a kick in the rear all the way to timbucktoo cause I was very pissed off and flustered.      I wonder if she is still trying to get back home?       

I hope I didn't just end my chance for someone to talk to.     

God hates me.   I'm just made to suffer you know?  I am like Teaflower in a way where life just b-----s at me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:03:06 am by TriforceofEternity »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1637 on: January 26, 2009, 12:58:25 am »
Tea, you ARE a very good member. You make things interesting. Now, the same might not be said for me...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #1638 on: January 26, 2009, 01:31:26 am »
Well, at the moment I just feel a little frustrated, but for no particular reason. As it were, I have a passive form of frustration, and not an active one. There is no genetive of cause to my frustration, though I suppose there could be a direct object... at the moment it would stand as a reflexive, but were some other to cross my path, I suppose it could become a simple accusative.

Eh, that's the grammar of frustration, I suppose.

(Nb. this 'genetive of cause'... if those of you versed in English grammar go 'what the heck is he talking about?' it's not an English form, but the Greek genetive of means. I am generally tending to have Greek grammatical constructions through-running my mind, hence my overly active use of participles in sentences, a thing more like to Greek than English.)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: January 26, 2009, 01:44:22 am »
Something...something WONDERFUL just happened. You will not believe this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TG0r25AhkU

That's the "Magus Unmasked" video. Somehow the audio has been restored, and there's a nice little ad for the copyrighted song used in the video.

This is the best of both worlds -- artistic freedom at the slight cost of having an advertisement overlay on the video. Not so bad at all. I wonder if the spat between Youtube/Google and Warner Music Group has been resolved...?

You know what this means? A Crimson Echoes preview set to Dead Can Dance music. Hm, hm, hm, HA, HA, HA...

...I LOVE LIFE!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 03:18:21 am by FaustWolf »

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 26, 2009, 05:18:59 am »
Something...something WONDERFUL just happened. You will not believe this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TG0r25AhkU

That's the "Magus Unmasked" video. Somehow the audio has been restored, and there's a nice little ad for the copyrighted song used in the video.

This is the best of both worlds -- artistic freedom at the slight cost of having an advertisement overlay on the video. Not so bad at all. I wonder if the spat between Youtube/Google and Warner Music Group has been resolved...?

You know what this means? A Crimson Echoes preview set to Dead Can Dance music. Hm, hm, hm, HA, HA, HA...

...I LOVE LIFE!
That happened to one of my old videos before.  I think they suspend it while the owners of the medium decide on an action to take.  Most companies are settling on free advertising (Like they were getting from exhibition of their music in the first place) as opposed to taking everything that contains their property off.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1641 on: January 26, 2009, 09:03:42 am »
I wonder how long it takes for their little search engine to come up with the song and if you knew if you could fool it by simply putting a delay or hiccup at that point...

idioticidioms

« Reply #1642 on: January 26, 2009, 09:40:10 am »
I agree.   I recently saw Disney Mania 2 on the site and it isn't flagged.    :picardno

Quote:

I feel the same way. I've been trying to make my posts better, but sometimes my anger gets the better of me. In real life, I'm a little dork with not-so-great grades, a knack for language, and a theater freak. In life, I don't contribute much. I sit, answer questions, and call my teachers on errors. So I try and make up for my shortcomings in real life... here.

Feel free to tell me if I'm annoying and stuff like that. I take criticism slightly better than others.

I sure wish I could give to this community but I am not artistic and am Autistic which is a different "talent" plus reading lots of fanfiction takes my time up.  :lol:       

Redit:   Maybe I can provide links in the appropriate forum to fanfics I think are good if they are Chrono fics?

I still am upset about my PM problem.    I asked a person that had a good post history on if it's all right to post a thread about what you could do if you made Chrono Trigger then after the person responsed I started telling the person about myself in mulitple PM's on the same day cause I don't think of everything at once. 

The person responsed back asking if I had been Shadow plus the person only spoke one-liner sentences which I should've taken the hint.   

I tend to run on instincts rather then logic so I immideatly felt offended and I gave her a kick in the rear all the way to timbucktoo cause I was very pissed off and flustered.      I wonder if she is still trying to get back home?       

I hope I didn't just end my chance for someone to talk to.     

God hates me.   I'm just made to suffer you know?  I am like Teaflower in a way where life just b-----s at me.

My little brother is high-functional autistic, so I've had some experience dealing with that and also have a great deal of patience in general, so if you want someone to talk to who won't get pissed very easily or be turned off by some of your personality quirks, that'll be me.

I'm thinking of studying psychology when I go to College, and I might possibly minor in it (I plan to major in English) so any people I can talk to with different perspectives is a plus to me.

As for what frustrates me this morning: good friends who get roped into doing stuff and have to rope you into helping them. (my buddy just got roped into buying a 20 foot boat for 200 dollars and is going to be fixing/cleaning it up today and has roped me into helping him.) Meh, just a minor frustration, that's all. After all, he is a good friend.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 26, 2009, 10:14:52 am »
You can talk to me, as well. I don't know if you've seen me talking about my genius friend Parker, but he has high functioning Autism as well. I may very well have Asberger's, a form of Autism, so I get your problems, too. I guess.

My current frustration is laundry. We haven't been able to do laundry for a while, so two nights ago we packed all the hampers and baskets we could into the car, believing that our mom and sister would do it in the morning/afternoon. My mom couldn't do it that afternoon. So on top of having pulled muscles everywhere from carrying really heavy and cumbersome hampers, I'm almost out of clothing and couldn't really put anything together.

I'd show you what I put on, but... I don't have a camera here and the shirt is... booby...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 26, 2009, 11:31:02 am »
Again you disappoint by not taking a pic when it seems clear that you should. :lol:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 26, 2009, 01:29:30 pm »
I wonder how long it takes for their little search engine to come up with the song and if you knew if you could fool it by simply putting a delay or hiccup at that point...
I've done some research on the acoustic fingerprinting technology in use in this case and conducted some experiments, and I believe that if the human ear can discern the song being used, the technology can too. As an experiment, I nested a Dead Can Dance song into "Fear Factory" from Donkey Kong Country and merged them into the same audio channel, making sure that "Fear Factory" overlapped every portion of the other music track. As soon as the video processed, the audio was removed. Like lightning! Copyright detection technology has come up to speed in a serious, serious way.

I'm still not exactly sure how the acoustic fingerprint is generated. It's clearly not based on keyframing or observing the changes in pitch, etc., over a timespan, because the experiment above should have been successful in that case -- against "Fear Factory" the overall changes in the audio channel should have been randomized in comparison to the original Dead Can Dance song. I guess the next step in experimentation would have involved upping the volume of "Fear Factory" so loud that it would drown out the DCD song completely. If the song were still detected even then, some kind of metadata that stays the same across all formats must be at play, but I'm doubting the existence of such a concept.

In 1984, Big Brother was watching. In 2009, Big Brother is really watching. I guess I'll make that my current gripe.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 26, 2009, 03:59:27 pm »
In 1984, Big Brother was watching. In 2009, Big Brother is really watching. I guess I'll make that my current gripe.

And yet douchey losers still watch the show Big Brother...HOW IS THAT STILL A SHOW!?!

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: January 26, 2009, 04:04:09 pm »
Um... it makes money?

You know, technically I'm jailbait. So ha. No booby pictures for you, V!

Current gripe is that I can't seem to sleep through the night. And that bothers me because I have to wake up at 5:55 in the morning. To learn.

Also, the snow storm that's coming our way. It's a massive thing and my area is right in the middle of the area that's supposed to get 6 to 12 inches. Note that, although I love having unexpected lack of school, the ice storm that gave me a 20-something day long vacation also took away my February vacation.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 26, 2009, 04:40:45 pm »
My little brother is high-functional autistic, so I've had some experience dealing with that and also have a great deal of patience in general, so if you want someone to talk to who won't get pissed very easily or be turned off by some of your personality quirks, that'll be me.

I'm thinking of studying psychology when I go to College, and I might possibly minor in it (I plan to major in English) so any people I can talk to with different perspectives is a plus to me.

As for what frustrates me this morning: good friends who get roped into doing stuff and have to rope you into helping them. (my buddy just got roped into buying a 20 foot boat for 200 dollars and is going to be fixing/cleaning it up today and has roped me into helping him.) Meh, just a minor frustration, that's all. After all, he is a good friend.

Me too Triforce. I know quite a lot about autism, and have experience dealing with people that have it. One of the individuals I admire most in life has high functioning autism, actually. I won't be impatient with you if you wanna talk to me via PM either.

And don't think that the universe has fucked you over in life. Just because it is technically a handicap to be autistic in a human society dominated by "normal" people, don't let it get to you too much. Your autism is a gift. You can see things in a way that other human beings can't, you can think about things in a way that other human beings can't, and I'm sure you are very familiar with this. You likely can see a tree for the leaves, and the finer details in life. Most of us walk through life oblivious to everything that is worth looking at in the intrinsic detail than an autistic person can see it in. People who don't understand autism or have experience dealing with people that have it will never understand you, just as I'm sure you can't fully comprehend "normal" people. But that's okay, because you understand yourself - right?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 04:44:16 pm by chrono eric »

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 26, 2009, 06:50:20 pm »
"That's the "Magus Unmasked" video. Somehow the audio has been restored, and there's a nice little ad for the copyrighted song used in the video.

This is the best of both worlds -- artistic freedom at the slight cost of having an advertisement overlay on the video. Not so bad at all. I wonder if the spat between Youtube/Google and Warner Music Group has been resolved...?"

Glad that got sorted out.    :D

Thanks guys for the encouragement.  :)  I actually do tend to notice more details such as the leaves for what they are then most people.   I also am very intrested in weather/climate and studying the links between it all so I tend to notice weather differences too in how it effects scenery.     I'm very weird that way and I also post on a weather blog.   

PS:  I hope she isn't going to be mad I kicked her in the back...I'll PM you the person I talked to so it won't be publicy displayed.     

I realllly enjoy having this site around and this thread is a good non-violent way of getting frustrations out. :D