Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484421 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1590 on: January 24, 2009, 02:06:04 pm »
Is this normal?

Yes, it's normal.  The problem sounds like it's that you lack self-control.  You need to turn off the computer, which is a huge distraction, and focus on those tasks that need completed.  It's not that you're unfocused, so much, it's that you lack the will power to accomplish the things you need to accomplish.

The Internet, in all it's infinite sea of information, is a huge distraction...  Just shut the laptop (or shut off the computer if it's a PC) and DO something productive.  You'll feel much better for it, Teaflower.   :D

idioticidioms

« Reply #1591 on: January 24, 2009, 02:11:54 pm »
And he could only bash people ten times a day!

Current gripe is that I still lack my focus. I can't seem to do anything other than hang out here. It's driving me nuts. My room is a mess and I should be cleaning it, my novel is unfinished and I should be writing it, my characters need art and I should be drawing them, my MCAS prep work needs doing and I should be doing it... but I really don't want to. I'm out of enthusiasm for said novel, even though the thought of it possibly being published is quite appealing. My room really needs to be cleaned, but it's so much easier to just leave it as is. My characters' designs are constantly changing (does Chris wear his school uniform? does he even go to a school with a uniform? what about Lovell and Alex? Does Aderyn change her attire? What does Zach wear when he's dead and haunting/possessing/being reincarnated as Chris?), but I don't want to set them in stone.

Is this normal?

You've hit what is most commonly known as a brick wall in your head. Take some time to take a break and let some stress flow away from you, just taking it easy and you should be back on top of things again in no time. If you force yourself to work during times like these, you won't produce your best work because your heart won't be in it.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 24, 2009, 02:18:09 pm »
Well, if I'm going to write, the latest version of the novel is on this computer (I wish I had a laptop...). My backpack with the MCAS work in it is all the way downstairs, and I have to mark up poems. I hate poems... they should all die. What good does knowing what to do with a poem do for you in real life? It's not like I'm going to go out there into the world and read poems all day!

I know I should develop my will power, but... the Internet and the PlayStation in my room are so much fun! I probably will go get my drawing pad later and design up some characters for the sequel (it's so sad that I haven't written the end of the first book but I already know the ending of this book, the plot of the next one [most of it] and the ending to that book). I think I'll hold off on the MCAS work until Sunday, when I'll be home alone and there will be less distractions (I don't use the computer when my mom isn't here because it's her computer and I feel bad about using her stuff without her permission). I feel stuck in the novel, and I'm waiting for feedback from people. Maybe suggestions...

So you know, guys, the big black strip is mostly what I have planned for the second book. If you don't like spoilers and love my story, don't read that.

@II: I know I shouldn't stress too much. The MCAS work can be done tomorrow, the novel doesn't need to be finished (although I did set an editing day in February and I'd like to have it done by then), I generally don't draw men well (... are you sure you're male, Alex?), and my room can wait.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 24, 2009, 02:20:44 pm »
My backpack with the MCAS work in it is all the way downstairs...

That's pretty lazy, hahaha...

idioticidioms

« Reply #1594 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:38 pm »
I think the reason why you learn about poetry and other art forms is to learn more about culture and the forms of art and their meaning more than being able to do anything constructive with it. It enhances your creative side, so to speak.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 24, 2009, 02:28:19 pm »
I know I'm lazy, but I run up and down those stairs daily. Everything that isn't the compie and my room is down there. And I do favors for people a lot. And that includes getting food for my mom, getting tea for my sis (doesn't she know that I AM TEA?), and getting stuff for my bro.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1596 on: January 24, 2009, 02:35:57 pm »
And now I finally take my leave. HyperNerd has left the building.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 24, 2009, 04:51:36 pm »
But Shadow, your daily average post count has reached a record low!
Bullshit, I'm still at 34.410 PPD. (Just looked at my profile)
Shadow, can you stop being so rude? Maybe people would care to help you more often. Plus, it is actually a record low, and you don't need to be caught up with all discussions on the forum -- that would just be sad if you were. Seriously, learn how to contribute to the Compendium, or contribute more often. (I don't know how much you have, or if you have, but...) Make fanarts, work on romhacks, try your hand at music or do something in RL. Just do something else for a little bit. You may find your niche that way.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 24, 2009, 07:42:46 pm »
not to mix marijuana with caffeine or it induces panic attacks? rofl wtf. maybe in people prone to having panic attacks. I mix caffeine with marijuana all the time and the most its given me is a heightened sense of paranoia, which doesn't happen too often, and definitely does not induce panic attacks. and I find it funny that you post THAT after posting what you did about shrooms. so now we're even.

I said it can induce panic attacks, not that it will induce panic attacks. So no, we're not even  :D. And not just in people prone to panic attacks either. One of the symptoms of excessive caffeine use is extreme anxiety. Even  moderate caffeine use, when combined with THC, can kick off severe anxiety or a full blown panic attack episode if the dosage is high enough. For avid marijuana smokers that also periodically drink caffeine, the vast majority will experience at least one panic attack eventually. For people that are prone to panic or anxiety disorders, mixing marijuana and caffeine can kick off the disorder for the long term. Just because you haven't had one yet doesn't mean that you won't some day, so it was just a word of friendly advice.

So in either case, I stand by my original statement - I do not recommend mixing the two because it can induce panic attacks especially given a high enough dose or a frequent enough exposure to both chemicals.

And on a side note about telling your friend what I said, you can also mention to him that LSD doesn't cause you to go insane and it doesn't stay in your cerebrospinal fluid for years, Ecstasy doesn't eat away at your brain in normal doses, crack is not more addicting than powder cocaine, and every other thing he has heard about recreational drugs is probably verdict says: bullshit.

EDIT: You know what else still frustratesTM me? Idiot kids thinking Salvia divinorum is legal marijuana and then posting the videos of their trips on YouTube. God damn do I despise people like that. I wish there was a better way to get their videos taken down and them kicked off YouTube.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:35:33 pm by chrono eric »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 24, 2009, 08:00:43 pm »
I just got a call due to misc. sickness and red tape I now have to get the fire place cleaned and up to standard as well as provide a movie and Hot coco in under an hour and a half. With no prior notice.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 24, 2009, 08:03:47 pm »
That sucks.

Um... I started work on a drawing of Lovell today. The novel remains untouched, my room will start to be cleaned at 7:30 (let's hope my sister forgets)... yeah. Essentially, I didn't stay here all day. Yay.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 24, 2009, 10:08:09 pm »
As an update to one of my frustrations, the band is preforming once again as scheduled tonight.  Yay.

New frustration...

Writer's block.  I've got 1000 ideas for my the storyline in the script I'm writing, unfortunately none of those ideas are in regard to the point at which I'm actually at in the story.  @#$%@#$

I'll get one up this weekend though.  Actually I'll shoot for three parts to update this weekend, I have four days off in a row fortunately to do this.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 25, 2009, 02:11:16 am »
Fou, sometimes it's best to write a plot out-of-order, making use of bursts of inspiration you happen to have at any given time as opposed to forcing yourself to progress linearly. But that's just me.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 25, 2009, 02:33:41 am »
Current gripe: Sintu

Reason: Won't drop a pointless subject. Namely, my use of the facepalm smilie in response to Idiom's bald pic.

Sintu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 25, 2009, 02:56:04 am »
Current gripe: Sintu

Reason: Won't drop a pointless subject. Namely, my use of the facepalm smilie in response to Idiom's bald pic.

Huh?

I didn't know I was being offensive.  I just found that particular post of yours to be amusing.