Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484424 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1530 on: January 23, 2009, 12:47:10 pm »
Samurai Pizza Cats>SWAT Cats

I've always loved Felicia from Darkstalkers, myself...Furry+Nun+Fighting Game Girl=Awesomazing~!!

Wait, why wouldn't you be able to say "weed"? I don't think it's a bad word or anything...

How is it bad PR for the Compendium that one of its members smokes pot?

idioticidioms

« Reply #1531 on: January 23, 2009, 12:52:56 pm »
well, I was partly making sure, mostly joking.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 23, 2009, 02:41:24 pm »
I've never actually seen or met a "furry" before. I suppose I'm curious as to why there is an extreme hatred of them, though -- it seems like nothing more than bigotry. Then again, that's just how I'm seeing it right now.
I wouldn't call my feelings towards them hatred.  It's more high level annoyance.  Fact is, how I see it, if you're walking around a public place that has no relation to the furry fandom wearing a suit you're only grabbing for attention.  You might as well strap a big neon sign to your head saying "LOOK AT ME!"

Now what sort of attention would an intelligent person hope to gain from dressing in a fursuit in public?  Nonchalant attitudes?  Admiration?  Conversion?  NO, the only reaction one could hope for is strange looks, questions about what the fuck you're doing wearing a tail around, and disdain from those who recognize the attention whoring ploy you're pulling off there.

It's not just furries, any form of attention grabbing on the basis of being different from mainstream humanity irritates me.  Like gay pride parades.  I have nothing against gay people, I've known, talked to, hung out with, and even considered many to be friends (Both male and female).  But you don't need a parade.  It's just stupid.  There's no straight parade, there's no gay parade, that is equality.

Wearing your differences on your sleeve doesn't make you stronger, braver, or more respected, it just makes you a show off.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 23, 2009, 02:54:43 pm »
I that regard I do agree slightly to that idea, their fetish sometimes entails wearing that outfit. Thus taking it off is like telling a gay to not be gay.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 23, 2009, 03:10:45 pm »
I've never actually seen or met a "furry" before. I suppose I'm curious as to why there is an extreme hatred of them, though -- it seems like nothing more than bigotry. Then again, that's just how I'm seeing it right now.

I suspect it is just one of those things that people don't understand and don't want to think about. For example, most teenagers probably know that their parents had sex in the past and have sex currently. Indeed, some might even be happy that their parents are still getting it on. But it is VERY rare that you'll find a teenager who is happy with the thought, who will talk about it openly and willingly, etc.

It's "squick," as it were.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 23, 2009, 04:44:15 pm »
I hate my friend.

Ever since he lost his virginity, he's thought he's so cool, and also thinks that if he doesn't get any from a girl, they're not worth dating.

He calls me up today and says this.

Hey, since you're not getting any from Alice, why don't you come with me to some girl's house while I fuck her? You can do her sister.

Good fucking god man!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: January 23, 2009, 05:37:19 pm »
I was riding an emotional high until the very moment I read that nightmare.

Your friend appears incapable of partaking in the rich banquet of emotional connection that can form between lovers. His unfortunate affliction is incredibly sad.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 23, 2009, 05:59:39 pm »
I was riding an emotional high until the very moment I read that nightmare.

Your friend appears incapable of partaking in the rich banquet of emotional connection that can form between lovers. His unfortunate affliction is incredibly sad.

For some reason that reminds me of something G.K Chesterton would have said. Or maybe C.S. Lewis.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 23, 2009, 06:02:31 pm »
Geez... that guy sounds like a jerk. Maybe he's not getting anything because he's a jerk.

My gripe right now is a lack of motivation. I know what I want to do, but I don't want to. I know that I want to draw, but drawing doesn't appeal to me. I also know that I need (not want) to do MCAS prep work, but MCAS sucks and I don't need prep work to pass it.

If it were PSAT prep...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 23, 2009, 06:04:40 pm »
Quote from: Thought
For some reason that reminds me of something G.K Chesterton would have said. Or maybe C.S. Lewis.
Damn, you're good, Thought. I started reading A Grief Observed awhile ago. It's so short, but it seems like the closer I get to finishing it, the less I read per day.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 23, 2009, 08:41:30 pm »
Current gripe: out of weed. I can say weed here, right? if not, I can change it to marijuana or ganja, or mota, mary jane, chronic... or grass. Yeah, I'm out of grass. it sucks.

:mrgreen: I literally lol'd when I read this. Where were you when we were talking about the spiritual uses of entheogenic drugs and the state of drug legislation in this country?

... um... interesting. Although I don't approve of your choice of recreational drug, it's your choice.

I do. As far as recreational drugs go, weed is healthier for you than the vast majority of legal ones - especially cigarettes and alcohol. I would rather he be toking up than wasting his liver or his lungs with everyone else.

I hate my friend.

Ever since he lost his virginity, he's thought he's so cool

Haha this thread has become hilarious in the past day or so! And fyi - he is cool by high school standards. But remember this - he almost certainly, positively-fucking-lutely, 100% sucks horrendously at fucking. I guarantee it. There is a high probability that it was terrible for his girlfriend. She will wait a few months and then ditch him for someone older and more experienced and with a bigger shomf.

I'm assuming Nightmare and his friend are in high school, Faust. And that's just the way things are for most kids then. Actually I would say for all kids. The rest are lying to themselves.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 09:03:35 pm by chrono eric »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 23, 2009, 09:42:05 pm »
I'm assuming Nightmare and his friend are in high school, Faust. And that's just the way things are for most kids then. Actually I would say for all kids. The rest are lying to themselves.

Naw, he's first(maybe second) year into college.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 23, 2009, 09:44:56 pm »
Whether the friend is high school or not, I'm reminded of my own high school dating years. While I was going through the family conflict that seems to be inevitable during that period of one's life, I made the comment: "Yeah, I'm probably too young to know what love is."

My Dad's response: "Bullshit."

I took that advice to heart. I think nightmare's friend should too.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 09:46:53 pm by FaustWolf »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 23, 2009, 09:48:43 pm »
Naw, he's first(maybe second) year into college.

...bummer, then.

And Faust, I did not mean to imply that I don't think high school kids are emotionally mature enough to love - hell the first girl I loved was when I was in high school. It's just that most (or all?) high school kids start relationships out with ulterior motives due to raging hormones and whatnot

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 23, 2009, 10:03:36 pm »
Quote from: FaustWolf
graaaa~h! Copyrights.

I've had to remove two of my best Youtube videos in as many weeks due to my use of Dead Can Dance tracks for portions of the audio. Warner Music Group must be vicious about copyright infringement, even something as minor as obscure, non-profit Chrono fanvids. What's more, I didn't keep backups of the videos after I uploaded them to Youtube to save on disk space -   - so I have to either remove the copyright infringement-tagged vids or leave them up and artistically gutted. Nevermore will we hear Magil and Lynx fighting to "Avatar" or see scenes of Prophet's Guile set to "The Arcane," which I can't find a sample of now. I guess I'll drop my small dream of setting a Crimson Echoes preview to "Advent," which would have rocked soooo hard.

Now, I don't mind media producers protecting their profitability -- if I uploaded an entire DCD album on Rapidshare, that's something worth knocking down IMO. What I'm really bothered by is the fact that Dead Can Dance just lost some free, viral pop culture advertising thanks to my caving in to copyright protectionism -- I attribute the audio I use in my Youtube vids properly so people can research the artists if they hear something that happens to catch their attention. This is the one respect in which copyright protection may actually hinder profitability.

Ah, I just can't help but think of the wild mystery of Dead Can Dance music when I think about the Chronoverse. I mean, does this not conjure up scenes of Lucca's orphanage burning?

And speaking of which, how the hell are those Youtube users able to get away with just putting up copyrighted music with a static image, and I get copyright-slapped for audio tracks that use a bunch of different music clips painstakingly sequenced to mesh with beautiful, beautiful Chrono video? Anyone know if Youtube has bots that "watch" and "listen" to user videos, somehow comparing the contents to a database of the digital signatures of copyrighted works, or do companies actually pay somebody to sit on Youtube all day and watch the entirety of every single user video to check for copyright infringement? If it's just a fellow Youtube user who's flagging my videos for kicks or something, well, that's just mean. *shakes fist*

Wow, that felt really good. Now I know why all you guys keep ranting here.

I see it all the time.   I think they are harming themselves in their  "copy protection" and we are going into a de facto police state as a result.    I always tell myself it's going to be illegal to play the Star Wars Theme on your keyboard if someone complains.    :picardno   
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:27:58 pm by FaustWolf »