Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484424 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1470 on: January 21, 2009, 03:59:12 am »
Oh yeah, I'm in Denton. Off the university. Thankfully, the two rabbits upstairs moved out and someone rather quiet lives up there.

Sadly, UNT is dropping my concentration, so I've got to pick a random graduate business elective to maintain my degree plan. Great.

I will be so happy when I'm out of here...

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 21, 2009, 04:55:29 am »
@ Zeality:  Sucks, no other way to put it.  When I finished undergrad I didn't have any more willpower to continue on with schooling, and I gotta give you props.  From what I hear from my buddies in grad school right now: it's a ton of work.

@chrono eric:  I have no sypmathy for tow truck drivers.  Being a smoker, I didn't appreciate those comments, but it's not as if they were unfounded or anything.  neither here nor there.  When I lived in FL, I literally was across the street from where FSU played football games *momentary nostaligc breakdown ensued right about here while posting*
On gamedays, the tow truck drivers were rabid.  They jimmied open a car OF A RESIDENT while I, rather ironically, was outside my apt smokin' a cig.  I see this and go bang on her door to tell her what's up.  She comes running out screaming at these guys about her parking tag (in plain view) and how she's a resident and this that and the other.  The reply was a bunch of mumbling "uhhh I dunnoooo's"

One thing (among MANY)I will always thank my Mother for is teaching me about "you don't know."  Sometimes, you just don't know what is/has happened in someone's life.  Example:  I was just at a job group interview a few weeks ago.  These two twin brothers come in an hour and a half late with handwriteen resumes....on notebook paper....The initial reaction?  "Geeeeet the fuck outta heeeeeeere"  But you never know.  With parenting and education both literally in the shitter in this nation, you just never know what's going on.  ya never know.  The point of all this long windedness is THIS:

With tow truck drivers...you know.  You ALWAYS know.  They are assholes.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 21, 2009, 08:51:55 am »
Please jesus fuck oh my god use correct grammar before I bust a cap in my own ass.
He's my new best friend, by the way.

To Eric, that guys a douche. Enact your revenge as soon as it's not obvious, because he deserves it. Although you did seem a little hostile, I think your actions were justified.

To ZeaLitY, I can't wait until you're out of there, too. It sounds like Texas sucks.

Um... gripes... nothing at the moment.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 21, 2009, 08:54:11 am »
Didn't sound hostile at all, considering the D-bag.  Be sure to cost him more than 200...to something that is noninsurable.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 21, 2009, 03:09:34 pm »
Well, as Shee said, you never know what is going on in someone's life. Perhaps someone close to him just died and my insults pushed him over the edge and he decides to truly off himself, for example. I would feel terrible about that.

But then another part of me just says "screw him, he deserves it". The latter is winning out right now.

Texas doesn't suck too bad Tea. Especially the Austin area. Austin is one of my favorite cities in the world. But Denton most definitely sucks. Damn this city sucks so bad it's not funny. It used to be a fun town with a good music scene, but now hipster idiots have taken over everything and there's nothing to do anymore except go to crappy bars filled with rednecks.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: January 21, 2009, 04:07:43 pm »
I just had a bacon burger that had no bacon and I am pissed.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 21, 2009, 04:45:24 pm »
Did you pay for a bacon burger or did you get charged for a regular burger? I'm always reluctant to bring back burgers and bitch about it because I worked fast food way back in high school and...I know what goes on behind the scenes there.

Also, upon further sleuthing I've discovered that the towing businesses likely pay apartment complexes for exclusive towing rights in their parking lots. They charge out the ass because no doubt this costs a lot of money. Apartment complex owners won't stand up for their tenants because they are happy that their pockets are getting lined by the towing dudes. And so you have a full circle of highway robbery where the towing guys charge you out the ass because they know you need your car as a necessity, and the apartment complex owners ensure that no one can really challenge them about it.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 21, 2009, 06:20:40 pm »
What pisses me off right now is my damn alarm clock. The thing malfunctions at random intervals which forces me to unplug it and reset it. Seriously, I was supposed to wake up at 7:30a to finish up things that needed to be done, but lo and behold, the infernal POS decides to crap out on me, and I end up waking up at 10:48a(missing one of my classes and almost late for another). Suffice to say, I was quite angry -- ending up damaging my alarm clock badly and hurting my hand.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 21, 2009, 06:24:07 pm »
I sympathize, BROJ. My watch has an alarm function. I meant to set it to 5:30 AM this morning but forgot, and the damn thing went off at 8:00 AM, during the middle of my math exam! I was lucky it was not a state exam, or I would have fucked over a lot of people.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1479 on: January 21, 2009, 06:27:52 pm »
What pisses me off right now is my damn alarm clock. The thing malfunctions at random intervals which forces me to unplug it and reset it. Seriously, I was supposed to wake up at 7:30a to finish up things that needed to be done, but lo and behold, the infernal POS decides to crap out on me, and I end up waking up at 10:48a(missing one of my classes and almost late for another). Suffice to say, I was quite angry -- ending up damaging my alarm clock badly and hurting my hand.

Eugh, I HATE alarms. I use my phone for alarms, and it has a habit of going off as many times as it decides, even after I switch it off after the first.

Thankfully I have a new phone now.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 21, 2009, 06:29:05 pm »
I feel like such a useless bastard because I don't use an alarm. I wake up Crono style, with my mom yelling at me to get my lazy behind out of bed.

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 21, 2009, 06:30:15 pm »
You know, Eric, if that's (and I'm not going to quote THAT) the meanest you've ever been to someone, I'd say you're doing okay for yourself.

Is it just me, or does every single job in existence have a "dark side" behind the scenes?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 21, 2009, 06:35:55 pm »
I use my phone to wake up at 9:00, simple as that.

Every weekday I wake up to Nine Inch Nails.

Hand that Feeds, not Closer you douches.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 21, 2009, 06:38:16 pm »
You know, Eric, if that's (and I'm not going to quote THAT) the meanest you've ever been to someone, I'd say you're doing okay for yourself.

Is it just me, or does every single job in existence have a "dark side" behind the scenes?

That was a slightly abridged version. I kept all the primary insults but left out excessive long strings of vulgarity that I said to him in between. But yeah, I'm usually not mean to anyone and I typically just brush things off. It takes a lot to piss me off. And even then I never insult somebody's intelligence or their weight - it's just not something I do. But this guy had it coming. I could tell what I said bothered him, but in the end he won because he took my money.

And throughout the entire thing I was attempting to get enough of a rise out of him to get him to punch me in the face so that I could get out of paying it by threatening a lawsuit in return. I was really hoping he was drunk enough to do it. Apparently not.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1484 on: January 21, 2009, 06:41:05 pm »
I feel like such a useless bastard because I don't use an alarm. I wake up Crono style, with my mom yelling at me to get my lazy behind out of bed.

And then you feed the cat and head to the fair, you brilliant bastard.