Author Topic: A picture of Lavos I drew long ago...  (Read 1430 times)

Daniel Krispin

A picture of Lavos I drew long ago...
« on: July 14, 2005, 02:58:38 am »
I was just searching through my files, and I found this picture of Lavos (my interpretation of him as a Dark Lord) holding the Frozen Flame. Kind of strange, I suppose, but I thought worth bringing up nonetheless, as it had not seen the light of day, or rather the transfer of electronic signal, in year.

Pretty funny, eh? Actually, I figure that sort of armour and array was almost of Zeal (for which I think I had said of these scene that he looked 'even as an lord of ancient Zeal in glory' or something akin to that.)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 07:18:48 am »
Hmm, the picture dosen't load, Dan. Try hosting it here:

http://www.imageshack.us/

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 07:54:57 am »
What's with you not being able to see pictures Legend? I see it just fine...He hosted it on photobucket...

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 08:39:27 am »
i see it fine too, what browser are you using?

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 09:47:03 am »
lol, switch the sword for a lightsaber and you will have Darth Lavos  :lol:

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 11:16:00 am »
Hum I'm jsut wondering why didn't you took the face of the Lavos you see in the very final battle? is it because it's an interpretation.

to Legend: maybe look at your setting because it's not everyone who'll use imageshack to host -_-

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 12:37:10 pm »
I see it fine, now. O_O

Weird, what's with my computer?

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 12:45:48 pm »
Hum I think you shoudl exorcise it...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 03:36:59 pm »
Darth Lavos, indeed. Actually, more like the Dark Lord Lavos.

Quote from: DarkGizmo
Hum I'm jsut wondering why didn't you took the face of the Lavos you see in the very final battle? is it because it's an interpretation.

to Legend: maybe look at your setting because it's not everyone who'll use imageshack to host -_-

Well, firstly, that is not Lavos. That is the centre bit. The Lavos bit is the one left of centre, and has no face.

The reason I did so is, as you said, interpretation. I drew it for my fanfiction, wherein I see Lavos as a dark lord of sorts (I was, after all, the one that began that view of him.) As such, I see him like Sauron in many respects, chief of which is being a deciever. Similarially, he is also something of a shape shifter, and can beguile the eyes. Thus I hold that the form of Lavos that you combat is simply disguise and illusion, and Lavos fled gravely wounded (like Sauron at Tol-Sirion) but not destroyed. Another form I have him appear in - this is his darker one - is that of a high and majestic angel or lord of Zeal. Or, rather, that is the illusion he puts forth in order to beguile others. This drawing was meant as a half-way, as his fair form fades into shadows and darkness. See him drawing his sword, and the shadow of skull upon his features?

'Now he came at them from his dark throne, in a form monstrous and fearful to behold, the chamber trembling beneath his mighty footfalls. It was as a creature of night that he appeared, a seemingly visible embodiment of anger, hate, and darkness, and indeed of all evil will. His raiment was darkened, and the hues of the sunrise had now become as the clouds of night which veil the moon and stars. He bore his dark blade before them, its edge shimmering with the chill power of evil'

That is how I describe him. I felt that a more cunning and mighty being than a simple unfeeling insect was in order to contest the might of Serge, Schala, Janus, and Crono. After all, how does one write combat against something so non-descript as the Lavos Bit? It would tire if it did not speak, did not give cunning and dark reply.

So all of this is indeed interpretation of mine, but I favour it. Call it the DK Lavos-Sauron.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 09:07:46 pm »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin
Darth Lavos, indeed. Actually, more like the Dark Lord Lavos.

Quote from: DarkGizmo

Well, firstly, that is not Lavos. That is the centre bit. The Lavos bit is the one left of centre, and has no face.

You mean the humanoïd figure isn't Lavos, but the bit to his left is in fact Lavoas if we would need to point a single being? I rather think that the humanoïd bit is more likely to be Lavos.

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 09:44:55 pm »
Well, the Left Bit is simply Lavos' Core, or his heart. Center bit would still hold, probably, his intelective functions... would be actually Lavos.
This interpretation, i take it from Inuyasha (which takes quite faithfully elements from Japanese mythology): some powerful demons only die if you destroy their heart, and they are so powerful that they can detach their hearts from their body and store them somewhere else, a safe place. My idea is that it is similar for Lavos, so he tricks you into attacking the Center bit, which would be Lavos itself, but you cannot kill him by destroying it  :lol: damned old boss!  :lol:

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 11:51:13 pm »
yeah, i kind of just thought of the core as being it's energy source or backup or something since it commands Lavos' defense & revivification (wait, is that a word? it sounds like a word...).

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 02:14:54 am »
I don,t know what the left bite was but it could be killed with 1 confuse and one triple kcik the first tiem I fought Lavos, but I know that the humanoïd Lavos was the most powerful and the right one was the defense/hp

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 02:16:01 am »
Quote from: jotabe1789
Well, the Left Bit is simply Lavos' Core, or his heart. Center bit would still hold, probably, his intelective functions... would be actually Lavos.
This interpretation, i take it from Inuyasha (which takes quite faithfully elements from Japanese mythology): some powerful demons only die if you destroy their heart, and they are so powerful that they can detach their hearts from their body and store them somewhere else, a safe place. My idea is that it is similar for Lavos, so he tricks you into attacking the Center bit, which would be Lavos itself, but you cannot kill him by destroying it  :lol: damned old boss!  :lol:

Hmmm... that idea does have quite a bit of merit.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 04:00:19 am »
Again, DarkGizmo, people generally refer to the Bits from Lavos' POV because the core is called the LEFT BIT during the battle, yes, even though it's on the right side of the screen.