Author Topic: A picture of Lavos I drew long ago...  (Read 1418 times)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
A picture of Lavos I drew long ago...
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 09:04:25 am »
Quote from: Legend with a dodgy PC
Weird, what's with my computer?

I remeber u saying once it was a 98, wat is the chance here that almost every1 on this thread has an XP? My old 95 PC would never load pics on sites either. My advice: Buy a nu one (pun).

Either that or the image host sucks.

PS: I had the interpretation that that could be an evil and corrupt King Zeal with the Frozen Flame. :lol:

Hehe...Darth Lavos... :lol:

~Darth LC :twisted:

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2005, 09:12:10 am »
Nope, I've got an XP. I used to have a 98. Dan's home PC is a 98, unless I'm mistaken.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2005, 09:33:43 am »
Could have sworn u had a 98...oh well, having read so many posts it becomes difficult to remember who said wat. :lol:

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 10:33:59 am »
That Lavos pic is absolutely freaking awesome.  But knowing Lavos' level of technology, he probably would be using a lightsaber, or Force forbid something even cooler.  (Is it possible to be cooler than a lightsaber?)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 10:47:16 am »
not really. The lightsaber is the most stylish, deadliest and cool melee weapon ever thought of

I think.

~LC

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 01:30:30 pm »
I know but I wouldé call them L'avos' left bit if I say left bit I'm talking about the left bit not the right one

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 06:40:30 pm »
2kPro/Knoppix 3.6 over here, and the pic loads fine.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 08:03:42 pm »
Quote from: Hadriel
That Lavos pic is absolutely freaking awesome.  But knowing Lavos' level of technology, he probably would be using a lightsaber, or Force forbid something even cooler.  (Is it possible to be cooler than a lightsaber?)

Maybe. Or yet again, maybe the sword just has, what is it called, coreoilis weave? Needless to say, it could then stand even against a light-saber. In KOTORII the Sith Sword, that double bladed thing, was nearly as powerful as my lightsaber for a very long while. Furthermore, a sword may be magical, enchanted never to break (Anduril), or to deal death to whatever its edge bites (Anglachel), which is not the case with lightsabers. Plus, as a matter of preferences, I far prefer the look of steel and cross-guards and pommels over that of a lightsaber. They're neat, but nothing beats the weight of a 2lb sound flourished in your hand.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2005, 01:01:21 am »
Cortosis weave, yeah.  The good thing about sabers is that they're weightless except for the hilt, so you can move it faster and more deftly, but unless you're incredibly dexterous you shouldn't try shaving with one.  With swords you can tell exactly where it's going and stop it if something dumb almost happens, like cutting off your arm.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2005, 02:30:14 am »
Quote from: Hadriel
Cortosis weave, yeah.  The good thing about sabers is that they're weightless except for the hilt, so you can move it faster and more deftly, but unless you're incredibly dexterous you shouldn't try shaving with one.  With swords you can tell exactly where it's going and stop it if something dumb almost happens, like cutting off your arm.

Oh, right, Cortosis. Coriolis is something to do with weather patters, I think the effect whereby there is a difference in some sort of air-flow between the northern and southern hemispheres.

Oh, and as for doing stupid things with swords... I'm sure there are plenty of ways to maim yourself with a blade. Just because I haven't done it yet...

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2005, 12:36:26 pm »
Even cooler than lightsabers?... what about light-shurikens? :D

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 04:59:08 pm »
why not have a whole body armor that turns on like a light saber and you can just run into people and destroy them completely.  its kinda like super sonic, or mario with a star i guess.

where would the limbs go though?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2005, 06:58:40 am »
Woah. Nice picture. The face makes me thing "Oo OOOOLD". Pretty nice consept, If I could draw, I'd probably would draw a humanoid Lavos with a mask on .