Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336831 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2865 on: December 11, 2010, 11:01:00 pm »
No, but let's just say you might get to take a long vacation to an undisclosed location where they serve a lot of Moon Pie.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: December 11, 2010, 11:04:48 pm »
Related: I love how you can get kitschy sci-fi tropes by putting qualifiers like "moon" and "space" in front of ordinary nouns.

Mister Spock: Could be some form of space madness we've never heard of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2q2JQLR970

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2867 on: December 15, 2010, 07:38:39 pm »
So excited for Tron: Legacy. And so excited for the villain:

Look at CLU 2.0 over there on the left. He's caught my attention since the first trailer. I hope he has a noble, if not too ethically pragmatic, dream in mind; he's already so cool.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: December 15, 2010, 08:19:41 pm »

Look at CLU 2.0 over there on the left. He's caught my attention since the first trailer. I hope he has a noble, if not too ethically pragmatic, dream in mind; he's already so cool.
Tomorrow at Midnight!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: December 16, 2010, 12:18:35 am »
From my understanding, Clu 2.0 is a tyrant. He is afraid of change and originality; imagination and everything outside of the realm of status quo are viewed as villains and vileness. He was tasked by Flynn to guard the Grid, but look his leadership/guardian role too far, too idealistic. He takes action with the voice of purity and preservation, but Flynn knows that it is a faulted vision Clu 2.0 clings to.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: December 16, 2010, 04:08:18 am »

I am so excited. I won't get to go until Friday night, but it's going to be awesome!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: December 17, 2010, 08:09:06 pm »
It was amazing. I won't give anything away.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: December 17, 2010, 09:10:00 pm »
From my understanding, Clu 2.0 is a tyrant. He is afraid of change and originality; imagination and everything outside of the realm of status quo are viewed as villains and vileness. He was tasked by Flynn to guard the Grid, but look his leadership/guardian role too far, too idealistic. He takes action with the voice of purity and preservation, but Flynn knows that it is a faulted vision Clu 2.0 clings to.

In other words, he's a Templar?

*gets shot*

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: December 18, 2010, 03:22:13 am »
He's a serious perfectionist and a bit of a megalomaniac. Z should really dig it. ;-)

Also, I know he's Clu 2.0, but in the movie, they just refer to him as Clu. Like, everybody.

And one thing I will give away while not giving things away: The "isos" are ISOs. Took me two days to figure that out.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2874 on: December 19, 2010, 02:41:30 pm »
XD The dude's got dreams, he's without regrets and pretty awesome. But frankly, he's still a loser. As much as I liked Clu the character still disappointed me. The actor playing him was still magnificent and agile despite his age. :D

But goddang... Tron?! No!! @_@"

Anywhos, there'll be an animated series following the movie in 2011, set as prequel to "Tron: Legacy" and a sequel to the original Tron 1982 film.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: December 19, 2010, 03:18:18 pm »
Anywhos, there'll be an animated series following the movie in 2011, set as prequel to "Tron: Legacy" and a sequel to the original Tron 1982 film.

What, before or after Tron: Betrayal and Tron: Evolution?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2876 on: December 19, 2010, 03:24:07 pm »
No idea. XDDD I never played Tron: Evolution (thought it was a game based on the original Tron) and I heard "Betrayal" for the first time now. *googles*

P.S.: I know she's way older than me but GODDANG, Olivia Wilde's hawt!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 03:26:46 pm by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2877 on: December 28, 2010, 10:20:20 am »
Okay, so I ranted about the hateful things about Mumbai, but that's not to say I never loved anything about it.  :lol:

Saw the Gateway of India (built for King George V) for the fist time, and snapped pictures of the statues of the Legendary-Badass Chhatrapati Shivaji and Swami Vivekanand nearby. The boat rides were fucking awesome! Agreed, the view wasn't perfect because of the fog, but this was truly my first time on a steamer and the wind on my face made me feel alive. Saw some seagulls, Indian-English ships and sea-bases/companies, islands, floating shoes and wallets, etc. When we reached the Elephanta Islands, on the other hand, we were disappointed.  :( It was Monday; the caves were usually closed. Dang! I really wanted to sketch somethin awesome there!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: December 28, 2010, 04:35:09 pm »
Do you put any of your sketches up on the Compendium? I admit I haven't been terribly active here lately, and could easily have missed them. Put up a link, if you care and if there is indeed such a repository.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2879 on: December 29, 2010, 03:02:32 am »
Like I said, I couldn't sketch much since the Elephanta caves were closed for Monday and my folks were all in a rush (I hate sketching in a rush). Still, I have done a few drafts while on the move. I'll post em once I finish detailing.  :D