Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 489843 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2655 on: April 17, 2009, 10:08:21 pm »
Damn, something technical isn't working.

Anyway: http://zeality.livejournal.com/26180.html

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #2656 on: April 17, 2009, 11:19:35 pm »
Oh cool, you're on LJ. I added you. You need moar friends, especially with the amount of content you post!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2657 on: April 18, 2009, 02:47:35 am »
Grandma: "I made a lot of casserole so we can have leftovers for tomorrow!"
Step-brother and girlfriend: "Gee, thanks, I think we'll eat this WHOLE FUCKING DISH so you guys can't have any tomorrow! Oh, and why don't we take this entire box of soda, all the oranges, and all the cereal, too? Oh, did we mention we're having company spend the night, even though mom and step-dad said NO GUESTS while they're in Mexico? Yeah, our friends are going to want to eat the whole kitchen, too. We'll just get up at two and four in the morning to wake you up while we chow down and make unnecessary amounts of noise in the kitchen. Thanks!"

No wonder I'm underweight.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: April 18, 2009, 11:08:28 am »
When my brother did stuff like that, what my mom and my sister did to keep some of the good stuff to themselves is they hid the stuff that doesn't need to be refrigerated and stash the stuff that does deep in the fridge. Cereal lasts much longer that way. I say you smack them and invest in a minifridge. That way you can keep what you want in your room or something like that.

But whatever you do, do not stay underweight. It's better to be overweight than underweight, actually. Although it's not too great for your heart and your body, that does less damage than not having enough energy to fuel your heart and organs and all that crap.

Frustration = VOCALOID. Again. I found a way to make the menus English, but it involves uninstalling VOCALOID 2, reinstalling Hatsune Miku with one thing uninstalled, reinstalling Kagamine Rin and Len with one thing installed (as well as a crack, I think), and installing Prima fully. Prima because she's the English part of it. Her voice is okay, too, but I want my Rin and Len, dammit!

Here's the thing.

In order to install these things you have to mount the ISO on a disc. I've already done that for Miku and Rin/Len, but I recently lent them to my friend Angel to see if he could figure them out. He hasn't gotten back to me on them. I don't want to waste CDs my remounting Miku and Rin/Len, because then my sister will notice that they aren't there. I know I need to mount Prima, but... I don't want to go through the shit with Miku and Rin/Len. I'm going to see if something will work, though...

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: April 18, 2009, 06:43:33 pm »
Waaaaaaiiiiiiiittttttttiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggg.......

Got a call from the director again...more scheduling issues with the other actors....so I call my boss and test the watersa bout me missing a week of work....that goes smoothly enough and I get back in touch with the director and they are having camera issues, so the entire shoot may get pushed back a couple days.  Oiiii, at least I might still get cast in this thing.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: April 18, 2009, 10:19:34 pm »
Frustration: Star Ocean 4 being so goddamn short.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: April 18, 2009, 11:08:52 pm »
Frustration: Star Ocean 4 being so goddamn short.

Wait...

Did you skip the dialog or something? :shock:

I don't think anything 50 hours or above is short, but that's me.

Current frustration: Being so poor I need to sign up for food stamps... >_<

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: April 18, 2009, 11:47:51 pm »
BAH!  Back to normal life for me again it seems.  Anyway, I always laughed when someone said a game was short at 24 hours.  Maybe it's true by comparison, but it still seemed like a while to me.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 19, 2009, 05:42:51 am »
I prefer short epic game than long and boring!
Anyaway, I am frustrated about a girl who was my friend then I told her that I was bigining to like her. Well in the end nothing happened!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2664 on: April 19, 2009, 09:25:12 am »
SO3...there are people that not only say THIS is their favorite Star Ocean, but also their favorite RPG!? wtf is wrong with the world? *sigh* And I'm also getting people telling me that the most annoying characters (Peppita & Roger...though I also found Adray to be annoying in & out of battle) are some of the best in battle...This could very well be true, though, as my first playthrough I got them both (not gonna happen this time), but wasn't really raising them properly (I EFFING HATE STUPID A.I. WITH THE FIERY FIRES OF A THOUSAND FLAMING NOVA STARS!!!)...

...and the god-awful dub...when will mainstream gaming catch up with anime & realize that there is a vast majority of fans that actually like their original language with a nice good sub-job? C'mon, dammit! Get with the program! You could even release it as a separate version to test the waters if you're too big a pussy to just give us the option of both! It would come out sooner, be cheaper (if they did away with the dub completely, but i know that's a far-flung hope) & thus would attract the stupid people who say they like dubs and would eventually turn them towards the light.

& damn, I'm going to use a Item creation FAQ for this run because my last play I didn't use it at all and from what I hear you can make incredibly useful stuff (& with my utter disdain for the A.I. I'll take all the help I can get)...

...I also hate walking into enemies and areas I'm not supposed to go into yet, but that's a personal problem and really isn't that big a deal...I mean, w/o that it'd be too linear I guess...but a head's up would be nice...maybe I'm just too big a stickler for not running from battles that seem out of my league...it's a problem that reminds me of FFII where you could walk like 5 feet from the first town and be utterly obliterated by monsters way out of your level-range...I mostly blame the A.I. on this problem though...but then again, if the other party members' A.I. was better that would mean the enemy A.I. would end up looking stupid...Maybe action RPGs just aren't for me...V_V

I wish I had Xenosaga or FFXII...I would just emulate the first Star Ocean, but I'd feel bad using ZSNES for something other than Crimson Echoes...Speaking of which, idk why the hell I haven't felt like getting back to that yet...>_<

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: April 19, 2009, 04:36:31 pm »
I prefer short epic game than long and boring!
Anyaway, I am frustrated about a girl who was my friend then I told her that I was bigining to like her. Well in the end nothing happened!

Not sayin' she's an idiot...but she's a woman  :lol:  /sexism'

Heartbreak hurts, no way around it.  There will be others. 

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 19, 2009, 04:52:25 pm »
Current frustration:

I know Gamefaqs message boards aren't what you'd call 'higher learning', but many posts are funny as hell.

However, there is an unfortunate supply of trolls. After reading through Chrono Cross boards, I have to say...

I hate felixrush with an undying fervor.

If you're going to bash my favorite character, don't dig for flaws that aren't there, for starters. Second, play the damn game all the way through before making fucking judgements!

I know everybody has their opinions, but this guy should be shot...

...out of a cannon...

...into a brick wall...

...full of manure...

...I could keep going...

...but for the sake of good taste, I'll stop.

Damn trolls... *grumble* *grumble*

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 19, 2009, 05:01:49 pm »
Wait...

Did you skip the dialog or something? :shock:

I don't think anything 50 hours or above is short, but that's me.

Current frustration: Being so poor I need to sign up for food stamps... >_<

Nope. Talked to every NPC / had every PA in the Calnus / did every Quest. It was more the way it felt. Heavy emphasis on cutscenes and limited amount of planetary exploration. 5 cities / towns to visit, and most of them very small, and of the ones that are on the same planet they are connected by a landscape that takes literally seconds to dash across. The storyline itself felt like a melting pot of the various storylines from prior Star Oceans, no doubt in an attempt to connect the new one to the others, and at the end of it when you finally get on track with the "real" main enemy it left me wanting more. More planetary exploration, more hashing out of seemingly abandoned storylines, more backstory / character development.

And don't even get me started on the way the plot progesses (because I'll write a more thorough review later). The game feels as if it takes place in the relative span of a month or so, when ship specs / planetary distances / dialog from NPC's suggest that it really takes more like a year. Example: You actually have to dig a bit in the in-game dictionary to realize that the initial SRF journey to Aeos takes three months and not several minutes as is implied by the opening scenes. WTF? Why couldn't they have just added "Three months later" somewhere on the screen to avoid confusion?

Thus the plot ends up feeling cramped and hastily rushed through.

The game starts out feeling absolutely epic, but this changes about midway through the game. That said, I admittedly have a huge hard-on for the Star Ocean series and this is still one of my favorite games ever. But it is definitely not the best in the series.

I do like the divergence from the classic plot of "oh noes I've been stranded on an undeveloped planet and I can't get off but that's okay because apparently this random world has huge galactic significance" to a heavy emphasis on space exploration. But it's like they were testing the waters with it and didn't know how to really make it feel like a Star Ocean game. Hopefully Star Ocean 5 will continue along the same lines but be better.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:27:36 pm by chrono eric »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: April 20, 2009, 10:45:51 am »
How "geniuses" tends to be portrayed on television. Apparently being unusually intelligent is somehow the equivalent of being a Vulcan, minus the ears and the bad haircut.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2669 on: April 20, 2009, 07:31:39 pm »
Sounds like someone's watching Big Bang Theory! :lol: It's like whenever they can't think of something actually funny they just fall back on HEY LOOK! THEY LIKE STAR TREK! OMG LOL ISN'T IT FUNNY!?!

As for my own, I'll just say I hate laugh tracks. I know the vast majority of the viewing community is stupid, but do they really need auditory cues in order to find what's funny is funny? How about you big-wigs in broadcasting just put something decent on television instead of trying to rape our ears into laughing...M*A*S*H would have been awesome without the laugh track (I think that's how it was broadcast outside of the States or so I hear).