Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484825 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2040 on: February 16, 2009, 10:02:29 pm »
It's fiery...I know it doesn't look any less stupid than 'firey', but thems the brakes.

Yeah? And she can spell it however she wants

Sure, if she wants to continue to spell it incorrectly, what do I care?

Yeah, and Ramsus returned. He's like Aizen. He faked his own death, and came back ridiculously powerful. The difference is, Ramsus isn't the main antagonist.

I thought one of the main differences was the fact that he isn't any more or less powerful...Though what do I know? Maybe he's been doing some push-ups...>_>

Also, $%*! at the original Metroid. My normal beam, which I will call the scab beam, does next to no damage against anything in Norfair, while everyone is killing me and pushing me in Lava. Don't suggest I seek out the ice beam: That just makes killing stuff take twice as long.

NES original or Zero Mission? Either way, stick it out! Great game. Wave Beam=<3...or, wait, was that one not in the original? >_>

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: February 17, 2009, 04:40:42 am »
This girl ( :shock: ) done been fuckin' with me.  I wish I could just force it out of my head...but I can't.  Weak I know.  Damn time...always passin' so slowly...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: February 17, 2009, 05:54:36 am »
Time flies when you're having fun, but when you're in gut-wrenching heart-pain, it slows to a crawl.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: February 17, 2009, 08:54:25 am »
... where did I use firey/fiery? I don't see... and there isn't anything to say that you edited my post, V... oh, well.

Current frustration is this computer's version of Firefox. It has tabs (which I cannot live without), but they don't have the little X's on them. You have to go through the mishigos of right clicking and selecting 'Close Tab'... the good news is that I finally got to work on the novel. I'm on a roll! We're near the end and I've edited it so much, it's not even the same.

The scenes written entirely in Orenlandian, though I slaved over them, have been cut. Completely. All that remains are the gestures the characters make and the occasional English word.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: February 17, 2009, 09:17:02 am »
Actually, it was something Captain B said...

No, but she is a firey birdy thing

Is Captain B a girl? If not then idk why he said she later on, but that's why I said she in that last post...*shrugs*

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: February 17, 2009, 10:35:30 am »
LaunchCast Radio (Yahoo's online radio service) has now partnered with CBS Radio and discontinued the personalized stations.

Which means that if I continue to listen to LaunchCast Radio, all those groups and songs that I hate to no end and purposes set my station up to never play again will now be played again.

Case in point: turned it on this morning and the second friggen song was Britney Spears.

Guess I'll have to stop being cheap and actually download enough music to make my ipod usable.

idioticidioms

« Reply #2046 on: February 17, 2009, 10:52:17 am »
Meh. I have to get a new SNES controller for my Smartjoy adapter or else I'll be forced to use my keyboard for games again. *shudders* After 4 years of constant use, it finally crapped out. Well, I threw it out. the pads inside of it weren't any good anymore and kind of wouldn't stay off the control board, causing me to continually move in one direction or another, even when I was pressing the complete opposite direction. -_-;

That's alright, I hardly play my N64 at all, so I'll trade my little brother my only controller for that and give him his Zelda - OoT game back in exchange for his SNES controller this weekend when I go to visit him. (dogs chewed through the cords of his '64 controllers. And people wonder why I'm not a dog person.)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2047 on: February 17, 2009, 11:04:21 am »
I've still got my SNES and N64 hooked up at home in case I need to keep my Mario kart skills polished (as in, power sliding through every curve on Rainbow Road) or relive SM64. I just can't play GoldenEye 007 anymore, even though it was my favorite. After getting four 007 folders, I'm just sort of permanently sick of it. This would change if I had some multiplayer people.

Speaking of GE007, www.goldeneyeforever.com is the Compendium for that.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2048 on: February 17, 2009, 02:17:58 pm »
Current frustration is this computer's version of Firefox. It has tabs (which I cannot live without), but they don't have the little X's on them. You have to go through the mishigos of right clicking and selecting 'Close Tab'... the good news is that I finally got to work on the novel. I'm on a roll! We're near the end and I've edited it so much, it's not even the same.

Alternatively, you can middle click on the tab to close it.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: February 17, 2009, 04:02:59 pm »
dogs chewed through the cords of his '64 controllers. And people wonder why I'm not a dog person.

That sounds more like a problem with people not putting away their sheeit. Unless they just chew on them right there in front of him, then you've just got a puss on your hands for not getting the dog to cut that shit out.

Don't they have Goldeneye 007 on VC yet? Seems like that'd be perfect. Just spruce it up a bit for online multiplayer and they'd have a re-hit.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2050 on: February 17, 2009, 04:28:53 pm »
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GODDAMN TRUCK OUTSIDE PUTTING IT IN REVERSE EVERY 10 FUCKING SECONDS AND BEEPING

IT'S NOT A DUMP TRUCK THIS TIME BECAUSE I DON'T HEAR ANY DUMPSTER NOISES

8TH HARDEST THING TO DO IN THE WORLD: TAKE A FUCKING NAP DURING THE DAY IN DENTON

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 17, 2009, 04:35:00 pm »
Should I ask what the 7 others are? Or have you been making a list & I've forgotten? >_>

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 17, 2009, 04:44:20 pm »
Haha, I was just about to post my own frustration about Denton. My water is off again. These maintenance fuckers are working outside. This happens like once a week or so. I just got off work and I can't take a shower because the water is off. Bullshit.

I used to live near TWU Zeality but I moved for several reasons, one of which was because it was so damned noisy. Now I live farther away, still near the highway but set back a ways. I don't hear much of anything except for that damn bird.

Also Zeality, have you ever been to the South by Southwest music festival in Austin? It's coming up soon. I don't know how long you've been in Texas but I highly recommend going as it is one of the few highpoints of this state.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:22:10 pm by chrono eric »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 17, 2009, 08:43:50 pm »
Alternatively, you can middle click on the tab to close it.
Yes, but there was no middle button on that mouse. Just the left button and the right one.

I'm pissed at my friend. Well, former friend. I was posting a summary in an RP earlier today when I had to leave. I heard this wonderful splashing sound and turned around to see this former friend barfing pink. We had to leave the room and the room we went to had no computers. Or anything else to do as my homework was done.

Goddammit...

Something tells me that it wasn't strawberry milk... as we don't serve strawberry milk in the morning. And she can't afford breakfast. It might've been Pepto Bismal, but... it didn't have the right consistency. Trust me, I've puked that stuff up.

The good news, though, is I finally finished it. It'll be in my SoY or I might even make a new topic. Doubt that, though.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: February 17, 2009, 11:24:41 pm »
I just lost three of my pages in my paper due to it not save, I'm poor at writing so three is ALOT. I've got to re-write it quick while its still fresh in my mind.