Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484823 times)

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1575 on: January 24, 2009, 12:29:54 am »
Yeah, that doesn't sound good. When I got the surgery on my eyes last year, my mom had to explain it to the nurse.

So you know, no matter what anyone says about surgery, it is not fun. I sort of cried tears of blood afterwords. Not cool. Nor was the pain. Or the vomiting. But that was probably just me reacting to the medicine they gave me.

It seems like you really got the shit end of the stick in life teaflower. I sympathize with you. Whenever I feel like my life sucks at a particular point in time, it is humbling to know that there are many people that have it worse.

Alright, I concede that one to you, too, then, lol. Learn something new everyday.

Yes, but I don't want you to misunderstand me in that I think using such substances is bad. I think that using recreational drugs in one form or another is a part of human nature. Since the dawn of recorded history humans have been consuming psychotropic plants and fungi, and likely since far into prehistory as well. People are naturally curious, and they are naturally inclined to want to feel good or escape from the stress of life. Recreational drugs offer an outlet in both situations. This can become dangerous when people do things like extract cocaine or heroine for a more intense high. Marijuana and most synthetic and natural psychedelics are relatively to completely harmless. Some, such as psilocybe "magic" mushrooms, have even been proven to be good for your long term mental health after one time use.

But back on track, you shouldn't be angry at people for not understanding the benefits or safety of marijuana, since there is a huge amount of propaganda surrounding it. It's not really their fault. You should be mad at the ass backwards system that is keeping it illegal. Wanna know a side effect of marijuana laws that I think is particularly offensive?:

Chemotherapy patients that cannot be prescribed medicinal marijuana are often prescribed Marinol - which is synthetic THC. It is no different than the THC which the Cannabis plant makes. It is an identical chemical. Health care won't cover Marinol though, and cancer patients often have to shell out over $900 for a bottle of pills. These pills take a long time to kick in, and they are often difficult to get the dosage right. $900 for a chemical which grows in the ground almost anywhere in a plant that literally grows like a weed. $900 for a chemical in pill form that could easily be smoked to have greater control over dosage.

Here's a link to see for yourself - http://www.drugstore.com/qxn00051002321_333181_sespider/marinol/marinol.htm

60 capsules = $1,627. It is pathetic and a true travesty. Do you think these patients know that they could buy on the street the same drug in the same amount and in a better delivery method for cheap? Of course not.

No doubt it costs so much in part because they have to pay organic chemists to synthesize it in the lab. Think of how screwed up that is for a minute. They have to pay people to synthesize a chemical that a plant creates for free, so that they have to charge more to cancer patients that need that drug to cope with the side effects of chemotherapy.

This, to tie in with the thread topic, frustrates me to no end.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 12:41:46 am by chrono eric »

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 24, 2009, 12:45:54 am »
Hey I didn't understand much of that post due to Lucca language but I understand the frustraions of people dealing with those laws even though I don't smoke nor know what drugs look like.
The difference is I don't accuuse people of smoking just cause they don't agree with the law where on news sites their is so much hate comments it makes the very "room" filled with evil and I end up leaving in disgust. :picardno

Here are some problems.

bout my MouseBitsdotcom problem.  I don't see how getting my old email password will help cause my parents had me with MSN when I signed up and now I am on Verizon so that email account is lost in the distortion of the time continum.       

Also my Mom payed a greeting card company to be able to send fancy E-cards but since the move Gloria has forgotten her password and she asked for help but 2 weeks later and.....................................................nothing! nada! zippo! zotch!   She recently told me this.     

At least I am reading Chrono Redreamed which is helping me calm down.  :D

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 24, 2009, 02:14:09 am »
Last time I smoked weed (About 4 months ago) I went into shock.  Cold sweats, disorientation, extremely dry mouth, couldn't talk above a whisper, and vomiting.

I had one shot of whiskey and half a beer in me as well (Well under my drinking limits mind you)

I think the main reason was I was pretty dehydrated to begin with, but I can guarantee the pot helped trigger the reaction.

The moral of the story is, drink plenty of water folks.

Now for my raging of the day.

A friend's band set a preformance at a bar for tomorrow.  I'd asked for the day off of work 3 weeks in advance to check it out, and now their lead guitarist is being a little shitbird and the gig may be called.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1578 on: January 24, 2009, 02:20:16 am »
Understand, my post wasn't done in anger, but to educate people. I understand completely about the propaganda surrounding the use of marijuana and how people like to believe everything they hear on the news and on TV. I had one bus driver when I was in school that honestly thought marijuana caused acne.

People figure, well there has to be a good reason why it's illegal if cigarettes and alcohol are illegal and that reason must be because it's bad. wrong. They don't want to legalize it because that would remove the criminal element from it and some very important people would stop making so much money, because I tell you if they legalize it and sold it like cigarettes, the prices for it would drop substantially, because the government would grow it in mass quantities to sell. It would be on hand wherever you went. Different brands, different strengths. It's all about the money and peoples ever-consuming greed.

I agree with you that it is human to want to try something new, or to escape from reality. Personally, I use marijuana because I enjoy the effects, but also because it gives me an appetite and it helps me sleep. I usually only eat one meal a day when I don't smoke, even if I haven't smoked for a long time. (I quit for 8 months last year into this year), and I deal with a few different types of insomnia. The most common one for me being the slow to sleep. The marijuana counteracts this by slowing my brain down enough to where it can shut off and allow me to sleep. the second is not being able to stay asleep. I keep waking up and going back to sleep, never falling into a deep sleep, and it helps with that. The third I get, which isn't often is early waking, where you wake before you get a full night's sleep and you wake up as tired, if not more, than when you went to sleep. I also deal with repressed anger, which makes me get angry sometimes for no reason at all, and it helps with that.

Mushrooms I can understand being good for you only once, because I hear that the way they work is by making your brain bleed over your eyes, thus causing the hallucination.

FouCapitan: that is odd. I don't think thats from the marijuana though, as I have mixed them plenty enough times before and only experienced vomiting because I didn't balance them right and it made me nauseas. I think it might be because of dehydration because its definitely not normal otherwise.

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:03 am »
FouCapitan: that is odd. I don't think thats from the marijuana though, as I have mixed them plenty enough times before and only experienced vomiting because I didn't balance them right and it made me nauseas. I think it might be because of dehydration because its definitely not normal otherwise.
I agree dehydration was the primary cause, but alchohol and weed didn't help.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1580 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:52 am »
seeing as how the alcohol has no water content and weed gives you cottonmouth, probably not.

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 24, 2009, 02:26:14 am »
seeing as how the alcohol has no water content and weed gives you cottonmouth, probably not.
It took me a while in my disoriented state to realize what was happening to me.  When I finally noticed how dry my mouth was (Tried nibbling some bread to settle my stomach some, and couldn't swallow at all) I asked for a bit of water.  The first sip I instantly gained more clarity and realized I was bone dry.  In 15 minutes after having a glass I was fine and walking again.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 24, 2009, 10:16:49 am »
Mushrooms I can understand being good for you only once, because I hear that the way they work is by making your brain bleed over your eyes, thus causing the hallucination.

lol, nope at this. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "bleed over your eyes", but I think it's funny that you said this after talking about not buying into propaganda surrounding marijuana since this is basically propaganda surrounding mushrooms, although this is a new one to me I must say.

How it works is that the active chemical, psilocin, is a molecular mimic to the natural brain neurotransmitter serotonin. As such, psilocin is a serotonin agonist - meaning that it competes for serotonin for its binding sites on 5 HT serotonin receptors in the brain. When it binds to these receptors in the prefrontal cortex, visual cortex, and other regions, it causes an alteration of normal electrical activity which impairs the brains normal functioning of information. In the visual cortex, this causes hallucinations. In the prefrontal cortex, this causes strange or "trippy" thought processes. Serotonin is also the primary regulatory hormone of the hypothalamus, which controls body temp, sweating, and other homeostatic mechanisms and it is this that causes much of the undesired side effects of the mushrooms.

Once the drug is gone from your system, the brain is left completely undamaged and electrical activity returns to normal. The CDC even rates psilocin as less toxic than aspirin. It can, however, make you bleed from your stomach if taken on an empty stomach and used repeatedly - similar to the way that many medications can cause stomach ulcers. This may be the origin of the bleeding myth. But from the eyes? No idea how that one started.

@ Foucapitan: I would recommend not mixing marijuana and caffeine either. It can trigger intense panic attacks.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1583 on: January 24, 2009, 11:00:05 am »
lol, I never said I believed it fully, just that it's what I heard. oh and I'm going to print out your post so I can explain it to the person who told me that in the exact same way you just explained it to me. I understood it, but he's probably not going to, lol. Thanks for the info.

frustration: tooth with exposed nerve mixed with being hungry and trying to eat. not fun.

not to mix marijuana with caffeine or it induces panic attacks? rofl wtf. maybe in people prone to having panic attacks. I mix caffeine with marijuana all the time and the most its given me is a heightened sense of paranoia, which doesn't happen too often, and definitely does not induce panic attacks. and I find it funny that you post THAT after posting what you did about shrooms. so now we're even.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 24, 2009, 11:19:33 am »
Yeah, I guess I have some nasty health problems. The thing with my eyes is that aside from my shit vision (can barely see clearly the monitor in front of me without my glasses), the muscles that control them closer to the nose are weak and the ones closer to my ears are strong. So if I'm not focusing with both eyes, the one I'm not focusing with goes wall eyed. It has been referred to as the lizard eye.

In any case... dehydration + booze + weed = not fun. I guess.

Um... current gripe... are my siblings. The PlayStation is in my room (the room I share with my sis) and my brother is in the middle of a Madden kick. So, with our permission, he comes into our room and plays PlayStation. Not a problem, right? Wrong. Both my brother and sister are night owls, so they stay up all night, talking and generally being loud. They woke me up at five this morning... I hate waking up early on the weekends! The weekends are my only chance to sleep in during the school year!

And even then, sleeping in for me counts as sleeping until about 8 or 9!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 24, 2009, 12:18:25 pm »
Current gripe: Spent all day offline, and now I'm far behind in most of the discussions.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 24, 2009, 01:51:05 pm »
But Shadow, your daily average post count has reached a record low! Keep it up and you'll soon be out of the FAIL rank. I'd recommend limiting yourself to ten posts per day; given some time, many of your difficulties will disappear.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1587 on: January 24, 2009, 01:56:16 pm »
but then he would have one less thing to gripe about, lol.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 24, 2009, 02:02:35 pm »
And he could only bash people ten times a day!

Current gripe is that I still lack my focus. I can't seem to do anything other than hang out here. It's driving me nuts. My room is a mess and I should be cleaning it, my novel is unfinished and I should be writing it, my characters need art and I should be drawing them, my MCAS prep work needs doing and I should be doing it... but I really don't want to. I'm out of enthusiasm for said novel, even though the thought of it possibly being published is quite appealing. My room really needs to be cleaned, but it's so much easier to just leave it as is. My characters' designs are constantly changing (does Chris wear his school uniform? does he even go to a school with a uniform? what about Lovell and Alex? Does Aderyn change her attire? What does Zach wear when he's dead and haunting/possessing/being reincarnated as Chris?), but I don't want to set them in stone.

Is this normal?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 24, 2009, 02:04:25 pm »
But Shadow, your daily average post count has reached a record low!

Bullshit, I'm still at 34.410 PPD. (Just looked at my profile)