Author Topic: Art and design resource consolidation  (Read 11640 times)

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Art and design resource consolidation
« on: February 15, 2009, 02:42:55 pm »
This thread is for putting together art and design resources related to the game. This way we can work together to give this release plenty of awesome artwork, banners, and designs.

For example, Luminaire provided me with some good vector art of death peak and the frozen flame (see attached), that I'll be using for part of a prerelease site design, as well as other ideas.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Art and design resource consolidation
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 02:43:53 pm »
Here's some preview art that I was able to quickly throw together using Luminaire's death peak and frozen flame graphics.

EDIT: After thinking about it for a second, the frozen flame isn't supposed to be that big, is it?

*Fixed: See below.

Also, we need someone to make a shinier, glass-like, rendered version of the frozen flame. Luminaire's vector art should be a good starting point.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 03:22:36 pm by Ramsus »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 02:48:41 pm »
No, the Frozen Flame is about half the size of that.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 03:20:39 pm »
Yeah, more like this, right?

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 04:28:43 pm »
Some banner art from the encyclopedia.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 04:39:54 pm »
Holy sheeet. Could we use that pic of Crono with the Frozen Flame on one or more of the preview vids? That's exquisitely perfect!

Also, do we have a vectorized Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes logo like what's in the first banner pic you posted just above, Ramsus?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 04:46:04 pm by FaustWolf »

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 04:52:33 pm »
I just started asking Z about CE art resources yesterday, and this is all of the art I've been given so far. I'll take a look for other stuff later.

Also, if you're going to make preview videos, let's try and coordinate them here so I can make use of them for the trailer site. Otherwise, I have to spend a lot of time recording gameplay and making my own videos, which takes away time from making a site or creating more art.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 05:06:03 pm »
Oh yeah, I'll take care of the preview videos; I did two for Prophet's Guile last year. I've learned a bit since then, so I hope to implement text overlays and crossfades and stuff. Do you have a target date for the teaser site? I was thinking of doing three separate previews.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 05:07:29 pm »
Next weekend.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 05:14:16 pm »
Hopefully I'll be able to swing at least one preview vid in that timeframe. I'll post the audio tracks and video cuts here and get advice.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 05:24:31 pm »
Thanks.

At the very least I'd like to get everything ready to go by the end of next weekend, so even an unfinished preview video would work as a placeholder. I want to make sure everything's had a chance to get tweaked a bit for maximum impact before the trailer site goes live. Also, if I can get my idea for the site working and have you view it, maybe you can tailer some of your future preview videos specifically for the site.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 05:27:51 pm by Ramsus »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 05:33:03 pm »
Sure. Can you use raw .AVIs, or would you rather embed Youtube videos, or how is that going to work?

I'll probably begin capturing for the first preview video on Wednesday and finish capturing Friday, then do editing and effects all day Saturday. So Sunday afternoon or so is my ballpark figure for getting a video complete.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 05:43:58 pm »
Raw AVIs work. So would Quicktime or WMV, but whatever the encoding, I definitely need the original video for this one.

Also, I might have a Crimson Echoes team name/logo along with a Kajar Labs productions logo lined up and ready to use sometime Saturday (I'll post them here). The trailer site version will definitely be flashing them before playing the video, but if you want, you can just edit them in yourself. I'll also try to dig up a good version of the Crimson Echoes logo.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 05:52:18 pm »
Now would be a good time to specify what's not allowable in the preview videos.

• Chapters 7-9
  • Chapters 21-23
  • Try to avoid spoken reference of King Zeal. His sprite might be okay, because then people would think "wow, is that King Zeal? I need to play this!" but we should avoid anything like "{Crono}: So, King Zeal is behind this?" or "KING ZEAL: I'm the King of Zeal, woohoo!"

Other than that, I'll leave it up to JP to set any further restrictions. Once Chrono'99's sidequest ship is implemented, it might make for a "wow" effect if we want to spoil it in the preview video.

Edit: For music...you can, of course, click any track in the Compendium encyclopedia to find a list of remixes.

Edit 2: The opening of http://chronofan.com/Black/Music%20(Chrono%20Trigger)/Compendium/zykO%20-%20The%20Queen%20with%20the%20Silver%20Eyes%20(Dream%20Extension).mp3 might be a good lead in to a preview video, depending on time / application; we definitely don't have to use it, but it's probably the rarest "diamond" among CT remixes. The intro has Magus speaking this:

now that I have seen you
naked as trust and freezing cold
i'll keep our secret silently
and close your eyes when i'm told
live the summer endlessly
and forsake the coming fall
for fear a vision can tell it all

It could be faded out before it reaches the end.

Still, FW knows a lot of great topical music applications, so feel free to use something better.

As for my creative short ideas...If I whip up the audio for those, we can do them. This'll be from my end.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:00:54 pm by ZeaLitY »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 06:06:33 pm »
Here's a big version of the CE logo from my sig.

Edit: The ship has been inserted in the latest patch: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,5209.msg146025.html#msg146025
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:13:05 pm by Chrono'99 »