Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484530 times)

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1905 on: February 10, 2009, 05:03:50 am »
Frustration... that I always feel so inclined to comment on the religion threads.

I hear ya...

My frustration, I think Z hates me for the aforementioned reason.  Oh, and I have a sore throat....  Really should quit smoking.   :?
Bah, to hell with quitting. It's hard. I resorted to smoking Black & Milds every other day and chewing tobacco (dipping).
I've quit before, for about 2 years.  Then after hearing I was getting deployed to Iraq I started back up, and have been off and on since then.  Will never dip though.  Makes me gag tasting it.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 10, 2009, 09:54:27 am »
I just got less than five fucking hours of sleep because of the bird chirp chirp chirping away directly outside of my bedroom window, and now I have to go to work.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 10, 2009, 11:30:24 am »
I hate emos. Fuck the kids who cry too much. Bah, now I wanna cut myself to release stress and anger.

Hmm... A guy I know at school (haven't seen him in a while, though) used to be emo. But I don't think I ever saw scars on his arms.

*thinks long and hard in case he might have missed it*

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1908 on: February 10, 2009, 12:35:10 pm »
People believe I'm emo, since I act like freaking Cloud Strife at school, I.E I don't talk much. One time somebody asked, and I scared them away by staring at them. I hate my student body. I wish I could send freaking Hollows or something to brutally kill them all. I also hate the fact that I have to go back to the immatureness of middle school for another half of a year until I get to the really awesome high school I'm going too, on a collage campus where I can take Japanese and intern. Did I mention I don't have to do P.E. if I do something athletic at home? Such as taking a bike ride? So I can use the time for something else? God, I can't wait. AND I'll have a lap-top.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: February 10, 2009, 02:29:34 pm »
If the laptop is the school's (and I assume it is), beware the filters. They will probably be as much a curse to you as they are to me.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: February 10, 2009, 02:36:29 pm »
I just got less than five fucking hours of sleep because of the bird chirp chirp chirping away directly outside of my bedroom window, and now I have to go to work.
Shit, man... that's nothing. I'd be lucky to get five hours of sleep any day of the week. But, I digress -- it does suck, and I feel your pain. :lol:

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: February 10, 2009, 04:02:48 pm »
I feel so old. I used to be able to do shit like that, but now if I don't get a solid 8 hrs of sleep I can't function at all during the day.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: February 10, 2009, 05:46:41 pm »
People who refuse to answer questions. Especially when the information would help me help them or help someone else.

Me: Oh my, this mail was misdelivered. Could you please tell me, my good madam, where I might find this building, so I can correct this oversight? I ask only because you are familiar with this archaic form of address.
Them: Just drop it in a mailbox.
Me: Ah, but the mail is marked urgent; it should be delivered post-haste and with all due speed, and it would not be a trouble for me to walk it over to the appropriate building. As you are knowledgable in such matters, could you please direct me to the proper building so that I might deliver it?
Them: Bah, give it to me and I'll drop it in a mailbox.
Me: *monocle breaks from suppressed frustration*

idioticidioms

« Reply #1913 on: February 10, 2009, 06:02:41 pm »
maybe they're just as frustrated with people who talk like that? lol

My frustration is with how easy it's been to quit smoking after making up my mind to do so. I mean, if I had known it would have been this easy, I would have made up my mind to quit a long time ago and been done with it. Officially 18 days without a cigarette, after 10 years of smoking. To be honest, I expected the withdrawals to be worse, but it turns out that it's mostly made up of bad habit, and bad habits are hard to relearn. I think people make excuses for themselves to keep smoking, such as: I'm hooked on the nicotine (which is addicting, I agree but not THAT bad) or I'm going to quit by slowing down, so I have all this cigarette paraphernalia around and I will be tempted to smoke until I get down to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day and then just pick back up again. It's like a security blanket for adults.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: February 10, 2009, 06:06:20 pm »
maybe they're just as frustrated with people who talk like that? lol

My frustration is with how easy it's been to quit smoking after making up my mind to do so. I mean, if I had known it would have been this easy, I would have made up my mind to quit a long time ago and been done with it. Officially 18 days without a cigarette, after 10 years of smoking. To be honest, I expected the withdrawals to be worse, but it turns out that it's mostly made up of bad habit, and bad habits are hard to relearn. I think people make excuses for themselves to keep smoking, such as: I'm hooked on the nicotine (which is addicting, I agree but not THAT bad) or I'm going to quit by slowing down, so I have all this cigarette paraphernalia around and I will be tempted to smoke until I get down to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day and then just pick back up again. It's like a security blanket for adults.

The physical addiction can be weened off in less than a week, easily.  It's the mental addiction that gets most people.  Like you said, it's like a security blanket.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: February 10, 2009, 06:11:07 pm »
Well idioms, to be fair, different people experience the effects of addiction and withdrawal to different degrees. Some people just cannot bear the withdrawal effects, but you seem to be able to weather the storm quite well. Ever seen the movie "Trainspotting"? A character in that movie quits heroin when the others do just to prove how easy it is for him. I've met many people like that. For them, it's a piece of cake.

All the chemicals I ingest are non-addicting with the exception of alcohol (which I do so infrequently as to not be a problem). The only drug I've ever been addicted to is caffeine. For awhile in college I would drink a redbull to study, then drink one in the morning to study for an exam, then drink one later that day to stay awake for work. It got to the point where I was getting severe withdrawal migraines if I skipped my daily caffeine fix that were so unbearable that I couldn't even get out of bed. I was able to quit with much difficulty, and haven't drank a substantial amount of caffeine since.

I made fun of my friend the other day for "chasing the Bull", heh.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1916 on: February 10, 2009, 06:15:09 pm »
personally, I think it comes down to will power and how mentally strong people are. Because all it takes is for you to make up your mind and really mean it, and then stick to your guns.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: February 10, 2009, 07:18:45 pm »
Willpower is definitely a major player, but sometimes the physical symptoms of withdrawal of many drugs overpower even the most strong willed and determined individuals. Often people face a tipping point where they would rather just relapse and take the easy way out, which is why places like methadone clinics exist.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: February 10, 2009, 07:22:45 pm »
You know what you should try if you want to quit?

M&M's.

My mom ate M&M's when she wanted to smoke, and although she got rather big, she hasn't smoked in years.

My frustration right now is the lack of care from my sister for my things. My mom got me two really nice shirts today. A purple one and a blue one. I'm all excited, but I have homework to do, so I put the shirts nice and neat on a chair in my room. A couple hours later I come in to my room to find my sister in said chair. I'm okay with that. So long as she moved the shirts.

She moved them all right.

To a heap on the floor.

Beneath the chair wheels.

She then yells at me for snapping at her for doing this. What upsets me is that she could've put the shirts on my dresser or given them to me, or even sat in a different chair in the room! She didn't need to fucking throw them on the floor!

idioticidioms

« Reply #1919 on: February 10, 2009, 07:23:17 pm »
frustration: lack of work.

This is getting to be a major pain in the ass and detrimental to my '09 plans of getting my life back in order. Hard to get back on your feet when there's no money in your pocket, and it's hard to have money in your pocket when there's no inflow of work.

Recession my ass, this is a sugar-coated depression.