Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 486750 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6615 on: February 24, 2012, 12:06:03 am »
Thinking about Compendiumites with names other than their screen names is really amusing.  Other than Josh and people whom I've talked to outside of the forums, I don't know anyone's real name and it's really amusing that Kodokami, for instance, would be called anything other than Kodokami.  XP

Frustration--my hair is at a really awkward phase where the bangs are long enough to get in my eyes, but too short to tuck behind my ears.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6616 on: February 24, 2012, 04:52:56 am »
People can be inquisitive, and I don't blame them.

Yet, when they (especially the First World folks) ask about my life, how I live, where I sleep, etc. I try my dang best not to tell them. Why? Because then I would feel incredibly guilty. Why? Because merely saying it, as honestly as I possibly can, somehow makes them sympathize with me, or pity me, or feel as if they have the need to help me.

Now, I'm not an ungrateful prick; I very much appreciate the help and concern I receive. But I'm an independent fellow, and I prefer to fight my own battles. That said, I was born in this lifestyle I'm living, so saying I've become "used to it" is a bit of an understatement.

It's amusing how people are baffled when you tell them how people in the Third World live their lives. Of course, those in the First World would find it incredibly inconvenient and uncomfortable. And they look down upon me. I hate it when they look down upon me like that. Sometimes I feel that rather than trying to "help" me I should force those people to live my life, at least for a month. But that's just me and my bias speaking.

And I was offered a bed by someone. They said they'd buy it for me, and I wouldn't have to pay for it.

But pardon me: even if I had a bed I would rather sleep on the floor like I always do. There are those sheer beauties and miseries of it that I would rather not forget, even if I strike it rich. My past is important to me.

P.S.: Just to make my point clear, in case someone has missed it, feeling sorry for the way I live is downright insulting for me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:55:31 am by tushantin »

Schala Zeal

• 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: February 26, 2012, 01:13:52 am »
Adobe's handing over Flash development to Google apparently. Google's only going to support it in Chrome and I f-ing hate Chrome. It's so simple it's difficult! The ad blocking extensions are junk, there's no menu bar which has been a part of web browsers since the internet went global in 1988. And ad blocking isn't a minor convenience. No. I need it because Google's ad servers executed a damned trojan on my computer once!

If Chrome really is the most popular browser today, it implies most internet users are so damned lazy, it should be surprising that many don't regard locking their doors at night as a major pain in the ass chore. I'm a 'prosumer' and to be forced to subject my online use to Chrome makes me want to beat them silly with the rubber dildo they have stuck up their arses.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:15:37 am by Princess Schala Zeal »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6618 on: February 26, 2012, 06:34:15 am »
Adobe's handing over Flash development to Google apparently.
Note really. Adobe is still going to develop Flash, but they've dropped the support on the Linux platform. The only reason Chrome is still supporting Flash natively is because of its in-built "Pepper API" which tries to update and fix issues within the Flash plugin.

And the reason behind other browsers not supporting it is that Mozilla and other developers have no plans for similar API.

As for Chrome and menubars... I actually have that!  8) Ubuntu's Unity and Global Menu seem to detect it anyway, and I use it always.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6619 on: February 26, 2012, 02:24:27 pm »
Fuck people who have a love-on for capitalism. And fuck people who think that "caveat emptor" is the highest moral standard, and that the user has no responsibility for using the used.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: February 26, 2012, 11:50:06 pm »
Apparently some anti-gaming conspiracy is out to get me.

Deciding to bust out the old GBA to play with it once more, and turns out the charge cable is missing. Already searched it throughout the house with no results. It'll be hard trying to find a replacement over here. Well, I'll still be on the lookout for it. Which is weird since I always kept them together, so it's a mystery how the cable was no longer there.

And well, as previously told in the amusement thread about this, so I went and picked up the Wii. Thankfully the disc-reader only had to be cleaned, so it didn't cost much. So then I'm all too ready to use it... and turns out the TV is busted, no longer works.

Sigh... alright world, I get the picture!  :?

Edit: Alright, got a stroke of good luck in the end. I manage to find the cable. Turns out, it was at my grandparent's. Looks like my mom moved it... sigh, and all those times telling me to not displace my things...

Well, I can't expect the TV situation to get better like that, but oh well. At least the glass is half-full now...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:05:03 am by Acacia Sgt »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6621 on: February 27, 2012, 02:32:43 pm »
Deciding to bust out the old GBA to play with it once more, and turns out the charge cable is missing. Already searched it throughout the house with no results. It'll be hard trying to find a replacement over here. Well, I'll still be on the lookout for it. Which is weird since I always kept them together, so it's a mystery how the cable was no longer there.
Ninja thieves. Ninjas, I tell ya!

And well, as previously told in the amusement thread about this, so I went and picked up the Wii. Thankfully the disc-reader only had to be cleaned, so it didn't cost much. So then I'm all too ready to use it... and turns out the TV is busted, no longer works.
Gremlins of misfortune. Gremlins, I tell ya!

Edit: Alright, got a stroke of good luck in the end. I manage to find the cable. Turns out, it was at my grandparent's. Looks like my mom moved it... sigh, and all those times telling me to not displace my things...
...Your mom's a ninja?!

At least the glass is half-full now...
Correction: At least the glass is half-empty now, giving you a chance to put some Scotch into that Coca Cola! 8)

Schala Zeal

• 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: February 28, 2012, 04:05:23 pm »
Adobe's handing over Flash development to Google apparently.
Note really. Adobe is still going to develop Flash, but they've dropped the support on the Linux platform. The only reason Chrome is still supporting Flash natively is because of its in-built "Pepper API" which tries to update and fix issues within the Flash plugin.

And the reason behind other browsers not supporting it is that Mozilla and other developers have no plans for similar API.

As for Chrome and menubars... I actually have that!  8) Ubuntu's Unity and Global Menu seem to detect it anyway, and I use it always.

I tried Chrome again recently and the contextual menus are pretty buggy...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6623 on: March 02, 2012, 04:27:27 am »
It turns out a friend of mine played a game I made years ago when she was a freshman in high school. I feel ancient.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: March 04, 2012, 10:45:01 pm »
I find I'm bored with real life job recently. I know most kinds of job will end up like that eventually, so I'm not determined whether to find a new one.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6625 on: March 05, 2012, 03:46:47 am »
You know what, Mr Stress? You and your despair can go screw yourselves. You can't keep the Magician down forever.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6626 on: March 08, 2012, 02:50:20 am »
THIS SUCKS!

It's Holi! And I'm struck with a fever!

Oh, well... Happy Holi, everyone! *splashes the Compendium members with digitally colored digital water*

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: March 08, 2012, 03:00:49 am »
Not even going to lie, from what I've heard from friends from India, Holi sounds like the coolest festival ever.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6628 on: March 23, 2012, 01:37:52 pm »
Don't you just hate it when you need someone RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW they usually aren't available, but when you don't need em at the time they're always there for you?

Really need another eye to critique my work at the moment...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile