Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 485849 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5730 on: April 13, 2011, 09:10:21 pm »
@Saj I hope it turns out ok.  It's scary stuff.  I have failed...miserably...in my previous intervention attempts with close ones.  Can't blame your anger, but remember that NO ONE enjoys being told that they are wrong.  Ever.  Guess I'm just sayin don't go in with guns a blazin...

I'm making sure not to act angry or confrontational.  That's what I have the internet for, right?  :/

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: April 14, 2011, 04:14:55 am »
It's not a terrible idea to vent it out beforehand, and yea the internet is a great place to do such things.  If that's what you meant.  All the best.

Fuck this keyboard by the way.  Gotta replace it.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5732 on: April 14, 2011, 04:20:31 am »
It's not a terrible idea to vent it out beforehand, and yea the internet is a great place to do such things. 
Actually, it is a terrible idea. Human mind ain't a steam engine, bro, that we'd release the pressure so the system can cool. Us blokes have a thing called habit. The more we blow, the more we tend to blow.  :lol: Even if it's on the internet.

Still, we ain't gonna mind. We're all here for ya, Saj, so feel like home.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: April 14, 2011, 05:30:06 am »
Well personally, I've always found venting to be very therapeutic, as does everyone I know.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:38:51 am by Sajainta »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5734 on: April 14, 2011, 06:01:36 am »
Well personally, I've always found venting to be very therapeutic, as does everyone I know.
That's because of the illusion. Actually, anger does get you into a better mood at times because it normalizes stress and blood pressure, so it's not all bad. I just meant that you get the habit. xD

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: April 14, 2011, 11:44:48 am »
He loves the way he looks in glasses and never wants to change them for anything.

Yay, someone else is like me. It's amazing how persistent people are about getting contacts -- it's like they don't understand style. I'm glad I'm not alone in that XD

I definitely think certain people, myself included, just look better in glasses. It does certain things for the symmetry of the face. And also, you get to pick out a cool accessory.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5736 on: April 15, 2011, 02:11:46 pm »
Sad to see people defending financial austerity measures on reddit. "Hey, we're going to cut all important social services, and then privatize everything so the rest of the economy gets exploited even more. And then when hedge funds and profiteers ruin everything, we'll call for a new round of austerity measures! Wait, are you a third-world country? Congratulations on your new debt to the World Bank, which you never have hope of paying back!"

There are deep ethical issues in economics. Finance attracts many people who couldn't give less of a fuck about them.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5737 on: April 15, 2011, 04:53:08 pm »
"Hey, we're going to cut all important social services, and then privatize everything so the rest of the economy gets exploited even more. And then when hedge funds and profiteers ruin everything, we'll call for a new round of austerity measures! Wait, are you a third-world country? Congratulations on your new debt to the World Bank, which you never have hope of paying back!"
Made me LOL! :lol:

But seriously, though. Fuck those guys! Maybe we should post on Digg about what Trolls they're being.

@Syna: Glasses accessories? o_O Is there such a thing? *googles*

Frankly, glasses make me feel cool. Unfortunately, they limit my physical movements and range of vision. Everytime I play soccer I fear breaking them. Everytime I wanna look around I can't see the world in all it's glory. Meh, I wanna improve my eyes and get rid of these. But that's gonna take about a year worth of non-stop therapy. I managed to go halfway, did succeed in recovering my vision, but then got caught up with work and classes I just had to wear them again.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: April 15, 2011, 04:59:20 pm »
I honestly don't have a choice in regard to glasses. Either I wear my glasses every day, don't wear them, or get lasik (which might not even work and is too expensive). See, because my eyes are so BAD, the prescription is really heavy. Because the prescription is really heavy, it would be nigh impossible to get contacts for these, let alone ones that I could wear and actually close my eyes.

Frustration: Sam is leaving today. He says he's going back up to school, but I know that his spring break is two weeks. When called on this, he said he's going up to Vancouver with some friends. So I'm gonna miss the COOL older brother whilst he goes up to Canada to do Canadian things. Good news is I get to stay home and SLEEP.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5739 on: April 15, 2011, 05:17:07 pm »
Goddammit! And here we thought we had another zealous, hardcore Chrono fan! :o Still, Canada's pretty cool, so I bet he's gonna enjoy there. :wink: Tell him to join the Dark Side when he comes back, because we've got a Time Machine!  8)

Frustrated at this HEAT!! Couldn't sleep all night properly; mind muddled with insomnia, and tonight's probably the same. Ah, dear Indra, please bring storms and shower the earth with rain like you've got nothing else to do!

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: April 15, 2011, 05:20:40 pm »
Goddammit! And here we thought we had another zealous, hardcore Chrono fan!
Sam is packing right now. He asked me if he could take the SNES with him. I said to go for it. I also snuck into his bag while he wasn't looking my copy of Chrono Cross with a note saying that he'd better not break it. He's usually good about those things, but some of his friends can be pretty wild.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5741 on: April 15, 2011, 05:47:42 pm »
The last thing I remember is that you said he was getting ready to SAVE DA WORLD. Let's hope that when he comes back he'll join us in the dark chrono side 8)

I'm frustrated by the fact that apparently I'm catching a cold. I was starting to enjoy being healthy after two months of non-stop illness  :? Also, after my experience with chicken pox I get all paranoid with any silly symptom like a headache... I remember one day feeling a little bit tired and with a light headache and the next one feeling so bad as to not being able to sleep, sit down, eat or THINK. But, all fine, this is just a cold..... or is it?  :shock:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:05:30 pm by Licawolf »

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: April 16, 2011, 04:30:42 pm »
Oh god. I get these stupid... THINGS (I'm not even sure what to call them anymore) where it feels as though someone is stabbing my eye with something. I don't even know what causes it, or why, or even how to stop it. It happens in both eyes, usually only one at a time (but it has been known to spread).

I'm getting one right now... it sucks...

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: April 16, 2011, 05:34:22 pm »
Roomie just moved out.  The house feels empty, though it really isn't.

Really gotta get rid of this keyboard.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5744 on: April 16, 2011, 05:52:28 pm »
Oh god. I get these stupid... THINGS (I'm not even sure what to call them anymore) where it feels as though someone is stabbing my eye with something. I don't even know what causes it, or why, or even how to stop it. It happens in both eyes, usually only one at a time (but it has been known to spread).

I'm getting one right now... it sucks...
o_O What things? Dude, what's going on?

Eye stabbing? It's weird. Just tonight I saw a Gangaajal (pronounced Gungaa-juhl), a movie which includes people stabbing each others' eyes and then pouring acid over the wounds/faces.