Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 489177 times)

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5745 on: April 16, 2011, 07:32:02 pm »
Oh god. I get these stupid... THINGS (I'm not even sure what to call them anymore) where it feels as though someone is stabbing my eye with something. I don't even know what causes it, or why, or even how to stop it. It happens in both eyes, usually only one at a time (but it has been known to spread).

I'm getting one right now... it sucks...
o_O What things? Dude, what's going on?

Eye stabbing? It's weird. Just tonight I saw a Gangaajal (pronounced Gungaa-juhl), a movie which includes people stabbing each others' eyes and then pouring acid over the wounds/faces.
I don't even know how to describe it, but all of a sudden it feels like my optic orifices are being violated and it suuuuucks.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5746 on: April 16, 2011, 07:48:56 pm »
Oh god. I get these stupid... THINGS (I'm not even sure what to call them anymore) where it feels as though someone is stabbing my eye with something. I don't even know what causes it, or why, or even how to stop it. It happens in both eyes, usually only one at a time (but it has been known to spread).

I'm getting one right now... it sucks...

I'm not sure... but it sounds a little like the kind of pain I had when I was about to have a migraine. It was intense, and it was in the eyes, usually one at a time, and sometimes spreaded to the head :/  you should really check that with a doctor if it's very frequent and painful.

Today was the worst day to forget my cellphone at home  :? we had a car accident, thankfully no one got hurt and it was not our fault, but it was a mess. Everyone was fighting: the drivers, the people from the car insurances, the traffic police, even the state police got involved, ugh   :roll: And my brother and I forgot our cellphones at home, we couldn't contact our parents or our insurance agent... when we were able to contact everybody using a public telephone, our insurance agent took like two hours to come to help, in that time the state police came and threatened everyone with sending us all to jail and taking away the cars if we didn't accept to give them a bribe (even a guy who had his car parked in a legal space and that was accidentally hit, he was going to be send to jail for having his car parked??), of course we all gave them the bribe (those guys have riffles and guns), and the worst thing is that we still had to say "thank you" to them after they took our money....  :picardno
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:08:03 pm by Licawolf »

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: April 16, 2011, 07:58:46 pm »
@Bard_of_Time: It does sound like it could be migraine (mine sometimes manifest as stabbing pains in the eyesocket before spreading up and back), but Licawolf is right--do check with a doctor to make sure it isn't something more dangerous. If it does turn out to be migraine, Advil LiquiGels seem to be one of the more effective non-prescription painkillers to use on them.

@Licawolf: Every time I hear a story about corrupt police, it makes me sad, and overtly corrupt police make me angry, too. It's unfortunate that policing as a profession tends to attract bullies as well as idealists.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5748 on: April 17, 2011, 01:32:42 am »
@Licawolf: What frustrates me is what just happened with you (and the innocent parker). Ya know, although I'm not much in favor of being an internet vigilante, things like these kinda make me wanna carry a camera around/sound recorder around. If a rotten police threatens to ruin someone's life, I'll be given a blank check to ruin theirs. In public. In the news. In front of all the Anonymous group who are just looking for an excuse to fuck around with the corrupt.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: April 17, 2011, 01:35:03 pm »
Be careful with that. I've had friends arrested because they used cellphones to tape what was going on. The cops really don't respond well to being recorded. I'd try to do so clandestinely, myself.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: April 17, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »

Yeah, I kind of hate it when police abuse their authority just to get their point across. What I hate even more is how the police can take a simple offense or violation and send in more personnel than is necessary in order to seem like they're not slacking on the job.

True story: I got pulled over for going 15 mph above the limit. The usual litany of procedures aside, two other cops in their cruisers showed up minutes afterwards, and all they did was stand around and survey the scene. Nothing beyond that. To this day, I still wonder why.

Either way, I got my court summons and paid my dues to society, but still. Why send three cops to pull someone over for a traffic violation? I could think of hundreds of better ways to spend my tax dollars on local law enforcement than pay cops to stand around. It's ridiculous.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5751 on: April 17, 2011, 06:28:10 pm »
I've been trying to reset my sleep schedule after 6 years of collegiate abuse. My natural sleep schedule is a block of rest reserved for 3 AM to 12 PM; I wake up ready to roll, achieve full lucidity very quickly, and I only really feel "tired" around 2 AM.

I've tried to alter that block to 9 PM to 6 AM. After two weeks of struggle, I've done it consistently for a few days, now. It aids my self-discipline and exercise to wake up early. But holy fuck, my body must be resisting. I get tired around 3-4 PM, even on days I've had a lot of sleep. My body just fucking hates this configuration. I wonder how long it will be until this feels normal.

Also, fuck this world's system. Scientific studies have demonstrated that late-risers have higher recall and cognitive performance throughout the day than early-risers, whose performance drops earlier in their personal day. I'm programmed to be part of the former.

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: April 17, 2011, 10:05:40 pm »
No matter how hard I look, I can never find a clip from Samurai Jack that's just Aku yelling his trademark "FOOOOOOOOOLISH SAMURAAAAAAAAAI!!!" thing. It's not like it would be hard either, it would be a clip not even ten seconds long. I've seen shorter stuff on YouTube.

It's mostly that I was going to use it as a joke, but I guess not. :(

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5753 on: April 18, 2011, 10:59:52 am »
@ZeaLitY: That "late risers" thing?  :lol: That's provided you still "sleep early", whether you wanna get up early or late. Sleeping late actually does worse for your body (and eyes) than bullshit. What they mean is not to wake up early or late, but sleep as much as your body requires, not restricted to 8 or 9 hours. You may find yourself waking in the middle of the night, that's normal again, so just get some water and go back to sleep.

And getting tired at day? That's normal too, especially when your body tries to reset its own biological clock. When you get tired, just take a nap for 20 to 50 minutes and you should be fine.

Sleep moar to live moar!

@Syna: I know they don't like that sort of thing (I mean, WHO would?) but they deserve it. I mean, come on! They openly take bribes in front of bystanders, the top-guys know about it and don't do a jack? Why not simply just make bribery legal for the cops so everyone would be satisfied knowing they're the slaves of the government, rather than staying absent minded about it? Why just be a dick about it?

I'm hoping Anna Hazare's Lokpal bill is passed (if ever; the bill's been dilly dallied for over 45 years now), so at least the higher ups don't keep eating the nation's wealth.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:02:16 am by tushantin »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: April 18, 2011, 03:30:40 pm »
My kitty is old. :( She was an adult cat when we found her, ten years ago. Now, she's has difficulty digesting food. It's frustrating and depressing at the same time.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5755 on: April 19, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Ever since Google Notebook's support was ceased I looked for a good online alternative, and landed upon Zoho Notebook. Not only was it more functional, it also had better privacy policy than Google. It's gorgeous! Only now, it's time to get scared.

Remember the time I said that when I slept ill I accidentally made an amazing story all in my dreams? Well, I jotted down immediately on Zoho, in case I ever forget something so magnificent, and was satisfied with how it looked.

Then I logged out, only to log back in a couple of days later and find the words I did not type.
Share Price

For a bit I was taken back by the words, figured it was a computer glitch, I jokingly added right next to it, "How about $200?" I logged in for a couple of days. but nothing. I was satisfied with the theory that it may just have been my imagination, and left Zoho for a few days. Then after a month or so, I logged in again to save something, and saw the words just below where I asked for money.
Company not found
I guess it's about time we worry about Terms of Privacy and cloud services. The only guys I've decided to trust my sensitive data with are Canonical.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: April 19, 2011, 12:44:21 pm »
Wait, Google had Netbook support? :roll:

I think I'm about to switch to my dual-boot Ubuntu. I rarely use it, but at least it has support for Netbooks.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5757 on: April 19, 2011, 01:17:23 pm »
Wait, Google had Netbook support? :roll:

I think I'm about to switch to my dual-boot Ubuntu. I rarely use it, but at least it has support for Netbooks.
XDDD I meant Google Notebook! You know, a Notes application to jot down your ideas or ToDo's in. I love Notes apps, provided they're quick and productive for heavy writing (I really like Zim Wikipad and Basket Notepad for offline use). And Ubuntu rocks! (Plus, Natty's coming this month :D)

My point is... Zoho's scary!  :o

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: April 19, 2011, 01:28:01 pm »
Oh, I totally read that wrong then. Whoops! :cry:

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: April 19, 2011, 06:55:59 pm »

*Grrburger* :evil:

I am having so much trouble perfecting a certain section of this recital piece I'm working on. Switching cross-over arpeggios are perhaps one of the most difficult piano skills to nail down, and I made the mistake of making it the last part of the piece I'm working on TO work on.

Music is beautiful, especially certain piano music. But wait 'til you have to play it yourself, and you'll see what toil and labor go into creating such beauty.