Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 489353 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4650 on: November 27, 2009, 01:32:37 pm »
How fitting, this person ONLY posts in the frustration thread. I sense a theme.

Edit: Also, thanks, Kodokami. You hit the nail on the head.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 01:52:22 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #4651 on: November 27, 2009, 06:31:19 pm »
Frustrated? Yes, yes I am.

My Economics teacher specifically said there would be no homework over THANKSGIVING BREAK. All out homework is done online via Aplia (for those who haven't heard of it, it's basically just a homework database with online questions and textbooks).
It's a vacation. There will be people out of town. People who won't have internet access.

Today (day after thanksgiving) I saw a status update of my classmate.
"aplia due today at 9 in the morning, what the f***!?!?!? Dx this is bullshit, i was gonna do the two assignments today (thinking they were gonna be due at 11PM AS USUAL) and now two 0's and two wasted EC experiments."

So, as he said, assignments are usually due at 11:45 at night. Not only do we get homework over the break, but it's due at 9 AM? Who DOESN'T sleep in when the can? Not only that, but though I read this on Black Friday, he had posted this on THANKSGIVING.

Also, yes, it is possible to have done it the day before or something, but she did say she wasn't going to give us any, so there wouldn't be any reason to check.

What the hell. Not only did she LIE, but she gave us an assignment on freaking Thanksgiving.

I did not need this in that class. I'm doing crappy enough as it is.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: November 27, 2009, 09:48:39 pm »
a word of wisdom to all involved in store workage:
do not work retail on black friday.
i was at walmart today at 6 and i had to wrestle past the crowds to get to the door. i was running all over the place, checking things out and helping people. my feet hurt and my head hurts and i really want to sleep. tomorrow i get to do it again though.
i dont care if ill be broke for the rest of my life, i do not want to work retail on black friday again.
ever.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4653 on: November 27, 2009, 11:23:29 pm »
a word of wisdom to all involved in store workage:
do not work retail on black friday.
i was at walmart today at 6 and i had to wrestle past the crowds to get to the door. i was running all over the place, checking things out and helping people. my feet hurt and my head hurts and i really want to sleep. tomorrow i get to do it again though.
i dont care if ill be broke for the rest of my life, i do not want to work retail on black friday again.
ever.
EXACTLY why I quit Safeway. I still wake up in my sleep trying to bag groceries sometimes...

Frustration: I have two arms. I wish I had four so I could knit and play video games/clean at the same time. (gee, wouldn't it be great if this were the only frustration anyone ever had to deal with?)

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: November 28, 2009, 01:05:05 am »
What the hell. Not only did she LIE, but she gave us an assignment on freaking Thanksgiving.

I did not need this in that class. I'm doing crappy enough as it is.

Well she will get her jugement when after *The End Times*.    She has it coming to her for trying to ruin Thanksgiving for so many people.

It's not like it won't KILL anybody to not have homework on Thanksgiving.   

There is a time and place for everything.

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4655 on: November 28, 2009, 02:03:01 am »
I hate when I get someone else's mail in my mailbox.

I'm on meds, and the idea of someone else getting my meds annoys me. Seriously the people at the post office and the people driving the mailcar should not make these kind of mistakes.

And this happens to me at least a couple times a year.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: November 28, 2009, 09:52:12 pm »
"Food security." That term came out late in the Bush administration. Now it's everywhere. It's a euphemism for hunger, and we live in an age where honest language is severely curtailed in our political discourse. It's always about appearances, never about substance. Disgusting.

Hunger is on the rise in this country. The proportion of this rise which is due to people mis-prioritizing their expenditures, and the proportion due to genuine poverty, is open to debate, but, either way, at least one of two very disturbing possibilities must be true: 1) More of the population is losing its self sufficiency. 2) More of the population is losing its fiscal prudence. Either possibility illustrates the difficulty that our nation will have in the coming decades in retaining its sharpness of character. Additionally, this rise in hunger occurs against the backdrop of enormous wealth redistribution from the wider economy to the very rich, primarily in the form of legal plunder.

The primary weakness in our economic system now is that in America it is becoming more and more difficult to run a successful small business, while the large businesses which replace them are becoming less likely to spread their wealth out to the communities in which they operate, instead sending that wealth to the modern-day plutocracy, whose grip around the nation's fiscal policy has strengthened considerably since the 1970s. The economic resource distribution charts are staggering. We are in a position where, literally, a few thousand people, and the tens of thousands who aspire to join them, collectively dominate the vast majority of the wealth in this country. Per capita measurements of well-doing are becoming less representative of the economic realities for ordinary Americans, because these people at the top skew the curve so astonishingly. In short, the nation is not nearly as rich as the stock market, the gross domestic product, or the average annual income. Even the median annual income is becoming less insightful, as the downward pressures on the middle class are disproportionately affecting the lower bands.

I suspect the problem is easily correctable from a policy standpoint. The US economic system as a whole is extraordinarily powerful and resilient, still by far the greatest in the world. If wealth capture could be put to a stop--and this could happen with a complex but straightforward series of regulations, legal constraints, and oversight on "big business"--then upward economic mobility would reassert itself for the lower half of the population. Practically speaking, however, the problem may be unsolvable without the precipitation of a major crisis, for two reasons: The government seems literally incapable of asserting its power over the robber barons, and the American public doesn't want to be told that they need to spend less money on disposable luxury items and more money on public infrastructure and social services.

It's times like these that I can't stand the glacial pace of change. I wish I had a time machine.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4657 on: November 28, 2009, 10:35:54 pm »
J, for further research on that hunger issue, watch King Corn. Our food industry is completely retarded. I wouldn't recommend Supersize Me at all though, except for the one part where the guy say he won't go vegan because meat is too good. It's a bit of a gross movie, so just skip all the images and go straight for the conclusions from their research.

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: November 29, 2009, 03:56:20 pm »
What pisses me off is that after a week of taking care of my friends pets, the smallest, most annoying dog in my circle of friends, has left me a weeks worth a of crap to clean up, in my friends bedroom. :evil: I mean what the hell?! The dog is about as big as chicken yet it has the capasety to crap like no tomarrow! Why doesn't he just cook up the dog and it for a single serving meal already? Oi! And after that I had to ride home through the freezing cold, while still hungry from not eating yet. WTF man...

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: November 29, 2009, 11:42:41 pm »
Loneliness.

I had a wonderful break, but I had to come back to this lonely room of silence and alienation.  I'm not even sure at this point what is self-alienation and what is the fault of shitty friends.  I wish I wasn't so shy.  I wish I wasn't so self-conscious.  I wish I didn't have such a shitty track record, so that I assume everyone I meet secretly harbours a desire to harm me.

Upon further reflection, I'm not frustrated with loneliness.  I'm frustrated with myself.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: November 30, 2009, 12:07:48 am »
Well, at least you'll have time to study -- you can impress the sheeeit out of people in class with your smarts as long as you work up the courage to raise your hand (with the right answers). You can sometimes attract great friends that way, and doubly so in an environment where most people are actually out to learn something; at least that's been my experience.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: November 30, 2009, 11:07:15 am »
You can sometimes attract great friends that way, and doubly so in an environment where most people are actually out to learn something...

So... not in college? Ha, I jest... or do I?

Which actually segues nicely into my frustration: academia. Undergraduate course work seldom has much to do with the field and graduate work is seldom about making useful contributions.

College should be about producing better human beings. Instead we treat it more like trade school. Go there for a few years, maybe get a degree in Women's Studies, and then go and get a job. Maybe, if you are lucky, you'll have some practical skills to apply to this job, but in all likelihood not and you can safely forget everything you learned.

Things are a little better at the graduate level, but there you are expected to become the clone of your mentor. You are still expected to conduct research and to add to the human pool of knowledge and understanding, but only in tried and true ways. They don't truck with mavericks (not even in the Bret, Bart, Beau, & Brent varieties); this causes stagnation and it prevents needed changes from coming about. It’s all about maintaining the status quo. But the status? It’s not quo.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4662 on: November 30, 2009, 07:49:12 pm »
"Hey Larry, where did you put the cheese knife?"
"Oh, it's back in the drawer."
"...It's still dirty."
"So?"

What the FUCK. Who the hell puts a dirty knife back in its container? That thing was disgusting, all crusted with old, dried up cheese, with gooey THINGS lining the holes... Apparently, as long as we only use it for cutting cheese, it's alright to never clean the damned thing. These knives are expensive too, if it gets ruined there's no way we can replace them. Man, how I wish I could just put a fingerprint-activated lock on the whole kitchen...
(also if you know anyone like this please kick them in the face immediately)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4663 on: December 01, 2009, 08:42:30 pm »
Deepak Chopra is a stupid fucking idiot:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deepak-chopra/the-perils-of-skepticism_b_373788.html

No skeptic, to my knowledge, ever made a major scientific discovery or advanced the welfare of others.

You dumb, worthless, lying sack of shit. Chopra is a FRAUD, in all capitals. He sells "alternative medicine" via quantum mysticism and eastern spirituality mixed into a marketable bag. He gets platforms on Oprah and the Huffington Post, and claims this sacrosanct shock at what he perceives to be intolerance when someone calls him out on his bullshit.

Fuck him. If alternative medicine worked, it would be called MEDICINE. And if spirituality, religion, and supernatural faith had any shred of reality, they wouldn't need to hide in miracles.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: December 01, 2009, 08:44:18 pm »
ANTS IN THE KITCHEN. ANTS IN MY FOOD. ANTS IN MY POTTY TIME.

ANGER ANGER ANGER!

ANTS LIVE EVERYWHERE.

C'MON AND CRUSH THEM THERE ANTENNAE!