Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 488289 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5940 on: June 07, 2011, 07:15:53 am »
If done properly, piercings don't harm your body at all.  It just makes a hole, which can close up if you take the piercing out for a long time.

If you don't understand what the point is in getting piercings, you should ask people you know why THEY got piercings.  People get piercings for many different reasons.  To reclaim their bodies, for artistic purposes (yes, body modification can be an art form), or because it looks beautiful to them.  Those are all perfectly legitimate reasons.  I wouldn't call it a "fashion", but that's just me.  And it is definitely not harmful.  It's just making a hole.

In addition to my piercings and tattoos being done for "reclaimation" purposes, I love decorating my body.  I think piercings and tattoos can be very beautiful and artistic.  I'm very proud of mine.  If people don't like them--in addition to my pinkish / purple hair--then I really don't give a shit.  This is my body, and I can decorate it however I please.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:18:24 am by Sajainta »

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: June 07, 2011, 10:10:50 am »
My mother did a DIY piercing when she was really younger. Grandma wouldn't let her get her ears pierced, and back then they had these things that had you squeeze at them to slowly pierce one's ears. Mom did that, except without the slowly part.

Another friend did a DIY piercing on her lip as well. She had it done at school, and either her friend used a safety pin or the friend used an earring to get the job done. Within the week her lip was swollen and puffy. Internally I was chuckling.

It frustrates me too when people don't listen. If I tell you 'Dude, that essay is ridiculously plagiarized, trust me, I saw my brother WRITE that essay, you might want to reconsider turning it in.' and then you say 'No way, man. Look, I changed this whole paragraph right here.' and then turn the damned thing in and get EXPELLED for plagiarism... well, it's hard NOT to say 'I told you so', you know?

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: June 07, 2011, 09:45:20 pm »
The girl didn't take my advice, and left it in all night.  -_____-  But when she tried to change out the studs this morning, the hole closed up.  Thank goodness.  I swear, based on this and a plethora of other things she's done, I think this girl is the stupidest human being I know.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5943 on: June 08, 2011, 02:12:48 pm »
I was so excited reading news from the E3 and suddenly I read the message that the city is under code red alert again, lots of cops and soldiers everywhere. awesome way to get back to reality  :?

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: June 09, 2011, 04:18:01 am »
Man, I'm in a really shitty mood.  -___-  I wish things weren't so crappy.  I know, I know, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" but sometimes you just get sick of bad thing after bad thing hitting you in the face.  And then you have to wonder if the phrase should be altered to "What doesn't kill you will probably try again."

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: June 09, 2011, 06:42:19 am »
I'm sorry (kinda) but "What doesn't kill you will probably try again."  Made me laugh.  VERY heartily. 

I remember talking with my acting coach about my (now rather ironic) Vegas trip a couple months ago and how it wasn't meant to be an "escape" of sorts, but turned out that way.  And it pretty much was.  And upon my arrival back into town it kinda just picked up where it left off.  Shit just comes in bunches, good and bad.  Anyway I told him about the escape-ness and all he said was

"There is no escape."

Then we laughed and parted ways, never to see each other again...for a week.  You'll get there!

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: June 09, 2011, 06:54:43 am »
I'm sorry (kinda) but "What doesn't kill you will probably try again."  Made me laugh.  VERY heartily.

Now that you mention it, it IS a rather funny statement.  =)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: June 10, 2011, 09:23:39 pm »
Ooooooooof.

Traffic won today.  I'm in a knot.  Rabble rabble

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5948 on: June 12, 2011, 02:19:29 pm »
If alternative medicine worked, it would be called medicine.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: June 13, 2011, 07:21:13 am »
If alternative medicine worked, it would be called medicine.
That's a simultaneously hilarious and poignant quote.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: June 14, 2011, 10:44:25 am »
Compy is slow.
Saj is mad at compy.

Nu-Hal, I love you...but you need to speed up, dammit.

Yes, I named my computer Nu-Hal.  After our lovely friend :| and after HAL 9000.

tiny260

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Fan Fiction Profile
« Reply #5951 on: June 14, 2011, 11:45:54 am »
Online Novel + Regular updates + ADHD = Pounding out materials at the last minute.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: June 14, 2011, 11:47:55 am »
You should feed Nu-Hal muffins. Alternatively, open it up (carefully, or have a computer savvy friend do it) and clean it out. Not the actual files and such, but all the dust and such. On our old computer (called Molasses by Alex), someone suggested we clean out its innards. So I went to do that and found SPIDERS.

Molasses has since been donated to a computer repair shop.

They don't allow us in anymore.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: June 14, 2011, 12:06:50 pm »
If Nu-Hal is a Windows PC, also check to make sure it isn't loading any services you don't need during start-up--those things can really gum up a system.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5954 on: June 14, 2011, 04:10:19 pm »
Compy is slow.
Saj is mad at compy.

Nu-Hal, I love you...but you need to speed up, dammit.

Yes, I named my computer Nu-Hal.  After our lovely friend :| and after HAL 9000.

My laptop is named HAL after HAL 9000 too  :P and after my old desktop PC that was named like that for the same reason xD