Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 337607 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1740 on: October 13, 2009, 10:27:49 pm »
PASKETTI !!

I've been on a tight budget for most of my adult life. Upon leaving the dorms and having to prepare my own food, I quickly discovered the utility and appeal of spaghetti with red sauce, tuna, and parmesan cheese. That was a workhorse dish for many years.

Eventually, the tuna began to lose its luster and I upgraded to my dad's famous secret spaghetti sauce recipe, handed down through oral tradition to generations of Lord Esquires in a Guatemalan Igloo near the border of Lithuania. The ingredients are none too surprising...tomato sauce and paste, ground beef, onions, garlic, herbs and spices...mushrooms when I can get 'em. But there are some secret ingredients, and of course the proportions are important.

The resulting dish is so hearty that even the cheese isn't necessary, which is good because right now I can't afford to buy it. One batch makes five to six huge-sized entrees, or ten smaller portions, so it lasts for a few days. I jar it, so, even without preservatives, it will keep in the refrigerator for...actually I don't know the upper limit. A week, anyhow. It freezes well, too.

There's nothing quite so nice as being increasingly hungry all day and then all of a sudden being stuffed to the gills full. =)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 13, 2009, 10:32:11 pm »
Ahhhh spaghetti is sooooo good.  I miss eating actual decent food.  (Somewhere, I can hear my mother faintly calling "THEN LEARN HOW TO COOK!")

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1742 on: October 14, 2009, 01:38:17 am »
This show pushed me into the subject of history back when I was young. It came on right after Pokemon, and eventually became my favorite of the two.

But now its gone, and I can't even find it on the Internet in a torrent...nyoro~n.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 14, 2009, 01:48:39 am »
I love how Magus straightens his gloves in battle. I'm not really a Magus fan, but, damn. With the majestic spells and the incredible battle music, that is just the everloving definition of cool. Besides, I straighten my gloves a lot, too, so I can relate. It's not that he does it on purpose. It's either a tic, which is good characterization, or his magic rocks so hard that his gloves get loose. Either way, win!

Edit: (For my part, I do it because I like my gloves tight. Maybe Magus does too.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:07:52 am by Lord J Esq »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1744 on: October 14, 2009, 05:06:54 pm »
I love ham. It is the most delicious lunch meat in existence. We got this biiiig ham, all wrapped up, to saw apart for lunch and breakfast. It's so delicious and filling that I wish we had four more.

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Cos I am the actual king of the pingus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 14, 2009, 05:25:54 pm »
I am starting to love Yu-Gi-Oh even more than I did. I really like tweaking my deck, because of the endless possibilities of combos that you get from even 40 cards. And it also helps me teach the younger kids about the key to a winning formula, which would mean that I have been successful in keeping the game alive at my school (I basically resurrected the game at my school). It's also good for mental arithmetic skills and it has helped me make many friends over the years I have played it. So, the many reasons I love Yu-Gi-Oh. Oh, don't forget Dark Magician Girl. :D

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1746 on: October 15, 2009, 02:36:56 am »
I got back into Advance Wars by starting up a new game in Days of Ruin. Shame I haven't played it in so long, it's such fun and immensely addicting.

Enjoy youthful badass Grimm's theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrEjcM3nluE&fmt=18

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 15, 2009, 03:35:00 am »
I love this site.  It makes me so angry that people need to march for this.  Scratch that--I hate that people need to march for this.

But goddammit, I'm so happy that people are marching and that people are demanding equality.

So I love that.

And the signs are amazing.  I cried reading them, really.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 15, 2009, 01:55:08 pm »

I love video mash-ups on YouTube.  This one is one of my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21OH0wlkfbc

I never knew those two had it in 'em.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1749 on: October 15, 2009, 11:01:09 pm »
I know I've said this before, but I love ravatar. It delivers a dose of happy on every page!
Also, I especially love the artist who drew my newest avatar (number 300, wooo!), and the artist who drew muzzle.png (finally found on pixiv).

I love the tortellini salsa rosa made at the student restaurant at my school. Just about everything in that restaurant is run by students, the food is real and actually filling, and it is very reasonably priced. I love being able to get a filling meal for seven bucks, rather than a five dollar suckass burger that leaves me wanting more hardly ten minutes later.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: October 16, 2009, 10:15:34 pm »
OOF

40 minutes of teaching time...4 hours of driving time....I dind't want to deposit my paycheck today anyway.... :x

BUT this morning I had my Doritos audition, went VERY well, so we'll see....if I get cast, and we win, that's a scaled payday and Super Bowl exposure....sheeeeeeeeeeeeiit...

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 16, 2009, 10:34:04 pm »
BUT this morning I had my Doritos audition, went VERY well, so we'll see....if I get cast, and we win, that's a scaled payday and Super Bowl exposure....sheeeeeeeeeeeeiit...

Fantastic!  I hope you get it.  I don't like American Football by any means, but I'll watch it if there's a chance I'll get to see a fellow Compendiumite on TV.

And along that same line--I LOVE Doritos.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 17, 2009, 03:00:01 am »
You must have strong hope.

BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in best JR voice you've ever heard):  "That's...that's...that's SHEE'S MUSIC!  GOOD GOD, KING THAT'S SHEE'S MUSIC!!!  THROUGH HELL, FIRE, AND BRIMSTOOOOOOONE!"

I'm SO stoked!

Cast?  check.
Win?  NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoots Sunday, let's kick some ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shee

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 17, 2009, 03:02:36 am »
BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in best JR voice you've ever heard):  "That's...that's...that's SHEE'S MUSIC!  GOOD GOD, KING THAT'S SHEE'S MUSIC!!!  THROUGH HELL, FIRE, AND BRIMSTOOOOOOONE!"

I'm SO stoked!

Cast?  check.
Win?  NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoots Sunday, let's kick some ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shee

Holy shit, that's AMAZING!  CONGRATULATIONS!

You must have strong hope.

I try!  So glad it worked!  :D

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 17, 2009, 05:11:31 am »
Wait, It's going to be a Super Bowl commerical. HOT DAMN MAN.