Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 337157 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3705 on: December 02, 2011, 06:07:43 pm »
Which reminds me...we have some special, holiday-colored faerie lights to hang!

Other things I love: It's cloudy today. Totally overcast, I mean. We got only a few of these this year, in this dire drought year.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: December 02, 2011, 09:17:55 pm »
XENOSAGA IS COMING TO THE U.S.!!!!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3707 on: December 02, 2011, 09:27:15 pm »
*Xenoblade.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: December 02, 2011, 09:36:05 pm »
XENOBLADE IS COMING TO THE U.S.!!!!

:shock:

Dood, you better not be jumping us.

I can't take any more heartbeak. *sniff*  :cry:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: December 03, 2011, 12:43:14 am »
I just saw that today and gave a little squee! Here's a 1UP article about it. I don't have a Wii, but it's thrilling to see massive fan action result in something!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3710 on: December 03, 2011, 02:45:55 am »
Indeed. I think it could be traced back to times where the winter was something very much to be feared, and people spent much time indoors; the winter festivals were something to do with the time, something to look forward to. I think that's why I love them so much... I love the idea that human warmth, community, and custom can give you something to look forward to even in the cold and darkness.
I think there was a Celtic (or something else -- I forget) folklore about this. When the sun was shunned by the skies and light forsaken the people, and when water froze and fruits were scarce 'twas only helplessness and misery that the people had with them. There was only eternal darkness and fear was their best companion. To each for his own, they shut the cottages and forbid the cold winds within -- but it came anyway. Then the elders cuddled the children, selflessly offered their warmth to them, and they died saving the children. But this spark of selfless acts burned a fire in the hearts of the young, who marched at the center of the village.

Fear was their companion and claimed them one by one, but with acts of selfless goodwill and humanity they saved each other, understood each other, loved each other, and that fire grew stronger. No one was left behind -- they all marched forward in love, and that fire grew so strong that it eventually dispelled the winds and called the sun. It was a community of good will; you have a torch, so go light someone a lamp.

That will be my Christmas this year. Remember that orphan girl I always talk about? This year I will give her the gift of literacy -- I will personally teach her Devnagiri, and I will pay for her English classes. And then, I can lend her my books to help her climb out of the slums that could claim her soul. She will be independent, and I'll guarantee that. I can't help everyone, but even one life changed makes the world better. No one should be left behind.

Thank you. Thank you so much for the inspiration.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:34:14 am by tushantin »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: December 03, 2011, 07:02:53 pm »
There is a lot of drama going on right now, and I am so glad that I'm not directly involved.  I'm on the outside, which is absolutely fine by me.  Drama is irritating and exhausting, and I love that I'm not tangled up in this mess.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: December 04, 2011, 10:01:58 pm »
It's snowing! That's the first time I've been snowed on since last winter. It was heralded by peals of thunder and a hailstorm. Now the winds are calm and the ground is turning white. Given the severity of the drought, this may be one of the only snowfalls we'll get this winter.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: December 05, 2011, 01:28:58 am »
Man, I love churros. Such sweet, sugary, things. It's been like, almost a year since I last had one. Then again, it's the sort of stuff I only eat around Christmas time. And I just had like 12 today even.

I could perhaps rival Glenn when it comes to liking churros... maybe.  :lol:

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #3714 on: December 05, 2011, 12:14:16 pm »
THIS COMIC: Double K

Gurren Lagann Buddy cop AU. It's hilarious and awesome and more people need to read it.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: December 05, 2011, 08:52:57 pm »
I pass a Mormon temple while driving most every day. It makes a wonderful landmark, and its design is beautiful (to me, at least). But the best thing is, it has been decorated for Christmas. Holy crap in a basket, they put lights everywhere. This is made all the more apparent since it is one of the only buildings in the area (residential or otherwise) that is decorated with lights at all. At night it is dark, you crest the hill heading towards it, and then the lights appear, like an explosion of stars.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3716 on: December 06, 2011, 04:41:19 am »
THIS COMIC: Double K
Haha, I enjoyed that!

Foram and I broke up.

Now obviously this could be in the "Stuff you hate" thread, but I post here because I'm actually quite happy. This isn't your run-of-the-mill angsty break ups either; no "this isn't gonna work out" or "I hate you" kinda thing. Truth be told, we were never in love in the first place -- we found each other interesting and decided to know each other more intimately -- though, regardless, when departure comes we simply look back at the times we had and chuckle. It's a pleasant experience: if happiness stays for too long its value fades into obscurity, but when you cherish those few moments you know that your life has been worthwhile. Hence our mutual agreement to end this.

I just can't seem to describe the serenity in my heart. Foram is a fine lass, and the better of us all. She may not be all-knowing, she may not be the most skilled person, but when she sets her mind to something ethical you know that there will be change. While many prefer to self-righteously argue and disparage, she is always the first to act upon stuff with no complaints, no regrets. When she sees someone suffering, she will do all she can to soothe their pain. Like me, she chooses to defend the innocent, always, and defend the tiny happiness that make things worthwhile. She represents the evolution of culture that sits upon her shoulders, the right, ethos and will that march forth with her every graceful step. While I influenced her to see reality in ways she never imagined, she helped clear my vision in ways that I couldn't. She is a rare gem in humanity that I'm bound to miss.

...Except for the fact that she wants to be a lawyer. *shuts his ears* LALALALALAL LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

In any case, now I'm free again to go in directions I choose. I hope she enjoyed her time (and no, I'm NOT gonna Facebook; che!)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: December 07, 2011, 05:16:38 am »
I got around to uploading the snow pictures I took. I thought I would share one here. I took this photo as soon as it was light enough to do so; there's nothing like looking out yer window and espying some o' this!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3718 on: December 07, 2011, 06:34:04 am »
Bittersweet Romance (Piano and Violin)

On a different note, why am I seeing Skyrim everywhere?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3719 on: December 08, 2011, 01:32:51 pm »
Hint: It's a video.
[youtube]NnBr2xGOZLM[/youtube]