Author Topic: Tat Two You  (Read 3273 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Tat Two You
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 01:09:56 am »
Sweet tats, indie music fag!

I <3 them.

And just kidding about the "fag" thing.  :D

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 01:15:39 am »
Why is it that "just kidding" makes otherwise derogatory language perfectly okay in the minds of many? It's effectively saying, "Here, I want to use this set of disparaging images associated with a specific word or phrase, but I don't want to actually be held accountable for using it." If the word fag didn't have the connotations that it does, people wouldn't use it the way they do. Usage is affirmation, not recognition. You can't use bad ideas functionally without affirming them.

Disappointingly enough, these issues are usually resolved by the victims themselves, who reclaim stigmatized words for their own internal use, sooner than the perpetrators of grotesque language come to their senses.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 01:39:19 am »
It's an indie thing.  Z gets his surreality, we get this.

"artfag" and "musicfag" are kind of now just ways of saying someone is into whatever the first word is. it's used now because indie loves "irony" and that was the nearest pop culture quirk it could get its hands on. It's no longer an insult. Now it's an "ironic" compliment.

Thanks anyway Boo and J for defending even though the subject of the joke, I, thought it was funny.

All in good fun  8)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 01:42:22 am by Mr Bekkler »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 08:46:38 pm »
Thanks, Mr. B.  (Although I doubt that made any difference!)

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 08:22:55 pm »
If I ever get a tattoo (and besides not really having the money for it right now, I seriously have no clue what part of my body is decent enough to show off, etc.), it definitely would be a kickass one that says "Chrono Trigger Fan 4-Ever" and have Magus's scythe crossed with Crono's katana (and maybe a tiny version of the "C" emblem beneath where they cross).

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 12:06:13 am »
Katana and Sicle! In yellow silhouettes, on a red flag background!

Truce-S-S-R!

Brilliant!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 06:24:18 pm »
I couldn't leave Bekkler as the only one with pictures of his tattoos.

The first tattoo I ever got was a butterfly when I was 18 in 2006.  I know that sounds cliché.  I can assure you I did not get the tattoo to look cool or rebellious, nor did I pick a butterfly because it was pretty.  It's very symbolic for me--freedom, metamorphosis, flight.

You can't really see it all that well, but that's the best picture I could get of it.  The picture was taken about an hour after I got it.  I'm smiling strangely.  >_>

And hell yes I have a poster of the map of the world.

The next one I got was also when I was 18::

1789--the year the French Revolution started.  It's been an interest / obsession of mine since I was 14 and when I say the French Revolution probably saved my life, I'm not joking.

A year later in 2007 I got a banner around the date::

I love it.  I think it's probably my favourite tattoo.

I got another tattoo the same time I had my 1789 one done, which are my daughter's initials (had she lived).  It's on my lower back.  No, it's not a tramp stamp.  I got it there because it covers a knife wound.  I couldn't find any pictures of it, which is fine because I have the exact same design on my left wrist::

That's an "S", by the way, not a "B".  I had the one on my wrist done in March of 2008.

I wish I had more money so I could get the other ones I really want but bleh...someday.  :D  I'm fine with the ones I have for now.  I adore them.  I think tattooing (within some moderation and with actual MEANING behind it) is a wonderful form of art.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:26:11 pm by Sajainta »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 07:19:46 pm »
Your tattoos are beautiful! I especially like the initials. The S doesn't look like a B, it just looks classy and respectful.

The butterfly sounds remarkably appropriate for you, and I'd call it "atypically cute" over "cliche coolness".

I'm very curious about the French Revolution one. What an interesting idea! I'd love to hear more about your reasons, if you're ok with talking about them.

EDIT:

Plus I'm really glad SOMEBODY who likes Chrono stuff and is not me has some ink. Thank you thank you thank you.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:30:56 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 07:28:24 pm »
Alright, nerd time. I want a tattoo, just a small one where it won't really be noticed, maybe on my shoulder (and I'll likely never get it). So far it's a tossup between the roman numeral II from the Starcraft II logo, or a black silhouette of the Mammon Machine/Zeal crest. Which one would be better?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 07:30:42 pm »
Mammon all the way!

Personally I'd stick with something that's already been released. You may end up hating Starcraft 2, despite how cool it looks.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 08:45:25 pm »
Zeph--seeing as I've never played Starcraft, my answer to that would only be slightly biased.  :kz

I'm very curious about the French Revolution one. What an interesting idea! I'd love to hear more about your reasons, if you're ok with talking about them.

Yeah, most people ask about that one.  I even had one girl ask if it was my birthdate.  -___-  Yes, I'm 220 years old.

As to why the French Revolution specifically, it's a loooooong story.  For another time!

Plus I'm really glad SOMEBODY who likes Chrono stuff and is not me has some ink. Thank you thank you thank you.

Yup!  C'mon people with tats--read this and make us feel less alone.  :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:44:57 am by Sajainta »

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 09:44:44 pm »
your tattoos are awesome saijainta. my only problem is that when you were 18 you looked waaaaaay too thin.
if you are still that size go eat a sandwich.
i want a tattoo in the shape of maguss amulet. on my shoulder or something. that would be sooooo badass.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 12:42:20 am »
your tattoos are awesome saijainta.

Thanks!  :D

my only problem is that when you were 18 you looked waaaaaay too thin.
if you are still that size go eat a sandwich.

Heh, I've been told that a number of times.  I weigh about 8-ish pounds more than I did back then, and people still say I'm too thin.

I don't have access to any sandwiches at the moment, but I did eat a tonne of Pringles today.  Hopefully that's good enough for ya.  ^_^

i want a tattoo in the shape of maguss amulet. on my shoulder or something. that would be sooooo badass.

Indeed!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:46:19 am by Sajainta »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 01:02:59 am »
Yeah, most people ask about that one.  I even had one girl ask if it was my birthdate.  -___-  Yes, I'm 220 years old.

Could have been 17/89. No calendar I am aware of has 17 months, so that is still nutty, but it would only make you 20ish years old. Or maybe 1/7/89? That would work.

And it is deliciously ironic that the French Revolution saved your life. There was, of course, more to that revolution than the reign of terror, but that tends to be at the front of most people's minds.

As for tattoos, I technically have four, if that makes you and Bekkler feel better. They are terribly uninteresting, though, as they are little more than four dots. Though I suppose one could claim that they saved my life...

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 01:18:31 am »
Or maybe 1/7/89? That would work.

Truth.  That's only about 11 months off my actual birthday.

And it is deliciously ironic that the French Revolution saved your life. There was, of course, more to that revolution than the reign of terror, but that tends to be at the front of most people's minds.

Very true.  The first thing I usually think about is the Tennis Court Oath.

As for tattoos, I technically have four, if that makes you and Bekkler feel better. They are terribly uninteresting, though, as they are little more than four dots. Though I suppose one could claim that they saved my life...

They sound very interesting to me.  I'd be even more interested in hearing the meaning behind the tattoos, if you would want to share at any point.